iPhone: Post everything here

when you use the camera anyone know how to take off the "camera" would like to use your current location??

^^thanks!!!! or and you can take yours back and show them the purple dots and have them give you another one...you get that $69 plan thing??

Q:
I am tryin to download apps....and when its about to install, it ask for a apple account or soemthing??? first iphone I ever had, and never had a ipod, so whataccount is it talkin about??/ how do I find the info??

thanks

Originally Posted by Baydestrian408

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Imma cop since you can use student/work discounts!

you sure you can use the discounts? i talked to a rep and they said they are not allowing it on thise phone...

but on the other hand? for those of you who have the white one, do you get dirt prints on it?
and for those with the black, does it get all smudgy? can you guys let me know how they are? which one looks best/durable?
thanks

I called 2 ATT reps and they both say yes and it's all over the internet too. Google it also that's what MacRumors is saying too. Discount is ago!!
pimp.gif

Okay,ever store I've called claims to be sold out but I think they're not telling people over the phone if they have them.I'm bout to go peep andsee hopefully I come back with one.I miss having an iPhone my last one crapped out on me

Q: is there a way to get my custom album art on my iPhone? It's ok on my iTunes but when I sync my phone the custom album art won't sync, anyone knowhow to fix that?

Originally Posted by FENKELLandBIRWOOD

^^thanks!!!! or and you can take yours back and show them the purple dots and have them give you another one...you get that $69 plan thing??

Q:
I am tryin to download apps....and when its about to install, it ask for a apple account or soemthing??? first iphone I ever had, and never had a ipod, so what account is it talkin about??/ how do I find the info??

thanks
just open up your itunes and go to itunes store and make an account. you'll need a CC to open an account though. pretty simple

FENKELL
laugh.gif
I'm having the same problem...when u go into the app store on the iphone...and it asks you for your account username and password. From what Ican gather...I THINK you have to get an itunes account...make a username and password when u sign in...and use that on your iphone. I could be wrong...ill findout soon enough.

Originally Posted by FEETure

any body have a clue on how much the student discount would be on a 16gb. TIA.

Student discount is only on your monthly bill, not the iPhone itself. You're not getting it cheaper than $299.

Student discount is only on your monthly bill, not the iPhone itself. You're not getting it cheaper than $299.

how much discount? do i flash my student i.d. card while i purchase my phone?

So I just bought Crash. Pretty fun but there is no acceleration button but now that I think about it, when to you ever slow down or want to brake in a Kartgame. Still, it'll be handy when I am mad bored at work or on the train to work.

iPhone is simply the best invention in such a long time. It does everything!

I wasn't about to play cat and mouse with this shh...so I just had AT&T order my joint...that way it'll come in and I can go up there and get it.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

how much discount? do i flash my student i.d. card while i purchase my phone?

So $199 for the 8Gb iphone.. and what type of discount do we get on the monthly bill if were a student?

i would love to know..

everytime i get a text it never rings it just vibrates dose anyone have this problem?? i got to turn it on and off for it to work right..should i just restoreit?

ok found out the info guys. 15% off for certain employees/Students.
If you're like me, you've likely grown hoarse from complaining about the iPhone 3G's increased plan cost. Thankfully, there is a way to mitigatethe problem. Unlike the original iPhone, which Apple received service revenue kickbacks from, the iPhone 3G is a traditionally subsidized phone. This meansthat it now comes with some of the same benefits that other AT&T phones do, including the one that saves you 15% each month.

According to AT&T, college and university students, as well as employees of certain companies, are eligible for a 15% discount on their entire monthlyplan. Read on for more info

Quoting an email received by a user at MacRumors.com,

Wireless numbers using the iPhone 3G will be able to receive
employee/student discounts from the monthly recurring charges. The
discount will apply to the Nation 450 plan charge and the iPhone data
plan charge. You may receive the discount on the messaging plan, but
this depends upon the student discount details.

Employment or enrollment must be verified before a business discount can
be applied to the account. In order to request/apply your discount, you
would have to visit our discount request website at http://wireless.att.com/discounts. From this site you willbe required to enter a work email address and
zip code, then follow the on screen instructions to have your discount
applied.

Of course, this could be inaccurate since the nature of the iPhone has always been a little strange for AT&T. We asked several AT&T store employees whodidn't seem to know for sure. To be sure, we asked Wes Warnock at AT&T if students using the iPhone 3G were eligible for the discount. He wrote:

For those colleges/universities that pass their discounts to their students, then yes, service discounts apply. No phone discounts apply.

So there you have it. College students are eligible for a 15% break on their monthly bill. Certain companies offer a discount as well. If you qualify, thediscount nearly takes care of the entire price hike.

To take advantage of the discount, check out att.com/wirelessdiscounts and use your student or work email to verify your eligibility. If your email doesn'twork, you'll need to stop by a corporate AT&T store with proof of employment/enrollment. Once verified, it will take 1-2 bill cycles to take effect.

If you sign up for the discount, let us know!

Anyone else experiencing really sketchy preformance from an OG iPhone after the 2.0 upgrade? My phone has been reacting much slower and recently shut down onits own and froze at the apple screen...took a lot of restarts to get it back to normal.

or, am I the only one experiencing problems?

So the monthly company discounts are a go? AKA I get 17% off a normal AT&T bill because I work at CVS, but the OG iPhone didnt allow that. The new onedoes? That would definitely sell me, since the plan would be cheaper overall.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mikkol109

ok found out the info guys. 15% off for certain employees/Students.
If you're like me, you've likely grown hoarse from complaining about the iPhone 3G's increased plan cost. Thankfully, there is a way to mitigate the problem. Unlike the original iPhone, which Apple received service revenue kickbacks from, the iPhone 3G is a traditionally subsidized phone. This means that it now comes with some of the same benefits that other AT&T phones do, including the one that saves you 15% each month.

According to AT&T, college and university students, as well as employees of certain companies, are eligible for a 15% discount on their entire monthly plan. Read on for more info

Quoting an email received by a user at MacRumors.com,

Wireless numbers using the iPhone 3G will be able to receive
employee/student discounts from the monthly recurring charges. The
discount will apply to the Nation 450 plan charge and the iPhone data
plan charge. You may receive the discount on the messaging plan, but
this depends upon the student discount details.

Employment or enrollment must be verified before a business discount can
be applied to the account. In order to request/apply your discount, you
would have to visit our discount request website at http://wireless.att.com/discounts. From this site you will be required to enter a work email address and
zip code, then follow the on screen instructions to have your discount
applied.

Of course, this could be inaccurate since the nature of the iPhone has always been a little strange for AT&T. We asked several AT&T store employees who didn't seem to know for sure. To be sure, we asked Wes Warnock at AT&T if students using the iPhone 3G were eligible for the discount. He wrote:

For those colleges/universities that pass their discounts to their students, then yes, service discounts apply. No phone discounts apply.

So there you have it. College students are eligible for a 15% break on their monthly bill. Certain companies offer a discount as well. If you qualify, the discount nearly takes care of the entire price hike.

To take advantage of the discount, check out att.com/wirelessdiscounts and use your student or work email to verify your eligibility. If your email doesn't work, you'll need to stop by a corporate AT&T store with proof of employment/enrollment. Once verified, it will take 1-2 bill cycles to take effect.

If you sign up for the discount, let us know!

ima try and see if this work on the og iphone
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Man dude I was mad when I got to my local store.They didn't have any of them in,but dude was like he could pre-order me one like they wasn't going toget in another shipment tomorrow.So now that has me lost as hell.I'm hoping that they get in another shipment tomorrow so I can cop one

Also, why would I have to pre-order one when they're suppose to get a new shipment every #+!#**% day?

So you don't have to go through the bullshh of them selling out of the phone when you go to the store...order it and its guaranteed you get yours.

Back
Top Bottom