iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

I had the weirdest experience. For a while, my iPhone had a part of the screen that wasn't "touchable". Like if you turned it sideways and tried to type, M and K wouldn't be typed. In calculator, the whole first row wasn't working (1,2,3) and delete on voicemail wasn't working. I took it my local Apple Store yesterday to get fixed or at least to figure out what was going on. I wanted to sell this thing on eBay but I didn't want to sell it if it didn't work properly. Anyways... so the guy informs me that he had NEVER seen anything like that before and he'd worked on more than his fair share of iPhones. So he tells me it's not the software and that I'm 2 months out of warranty. At this point, everything starts looking bad. He then finishes his sentence with "but I'm gonna swap it out for a new one anyways because this is just weird. Give me a minute to fill out the proper paperwork." Now I have a brand new first gen iPhone to sell on eBay and with good luck, I should be able to sell it and get enough for it to buy the new 3G iPhone and maybe some cash to spare (prices on eBay are
eek.gif
). Anyways... that's my story. I just felt I needed to share. I didn't get the 3G while I was there because some guy that was buying his said he was in line for 2 and a half hours so I'll just try on a weekday.

Oh and... how do you make your passcode pad invisible? Someone mentioned it in another thread.

Dude lied to you, hows your phone that has a one year warranty already 2 months out of warranty when it only came out a year and 2 weeks ago. And if dudehasn't seen a screen thats stopped working in places, then he hasn't seen many iphones.
my cousin gave me his broken iphone.
laugh.gif
what a coincidence for it to break right when the 3g iphone comes out too. everything is in good condition but the touchscreen isn't functioning properly. the bottom row with the most important functions like phone and mail doesn't work and the middle row doesn't work either. is there anyway in fixing this? i want to try and fix it but if not, then i'm just going to unlock it and try to fetch whatever i can on ebay.
Do what the guy above did, and take it to an apple store, they'll probably swap it out, as long as you're under warranty. You can checkyour warranty here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do if you're still under it, and your phone isn't jailbrokenor any of that, then they will probably swap it.

Lol at dudes buying the first gen just now. Have you experienced EDGE? That +@*% is beyond slow.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Lol at dudes buying the first gen just now. Have you experienced EDGE? That +@*% is beyond slow.

Most of the cats that are buying the 1st gen are with T-Mobile. I sold my 4GB iPhone unlocked and jailbroken Friday afternoon and the cat called meyesterday trippin because he updated to 2.0 and bricked his phone.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Most of the cats that are buying the 1st gen are with T-Mobile. I sold my 4GB iPhone unlocked and jailbroken Friday afternoon and the cat called me yesterday trippin because he updated to 2.0 and bricked his phone.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]All sales are final...No Returns or Refunds[/color]

Originally Posted by Lootpac

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

I had the weirdest experience. For a while, my iPhone had a part of the screen that wasn't "touchable". Like if you turned it sideways and tried to type, M and K wouldn't be typed. In calculator, the whole first row wasn't working (1,2,3) and delete on voicemail wasn't working. I took it my local Apple Store yesterday to get fixed or at least to figure out what was going on. I wanted to sell this thing on eBay but I didn't want to sell it if it didn't work properly. Anyways... so the guy informs me that he had NEVER seen anything like that before and he'd worked on more than his fair share of iPhones. So he tells me it's not the software and that I'm 2 months out of warranty. At this point, everything starts looking bad. He then finishes his sentence with "but I'm gonna swap it out for a new one anyways because this is just weird. Give me a minute to fill out the proper paperwork." Now I have a brand new first gen iPhone to sell on eBay and with good luck, I should be able to sell it and get enough for it to buy the new 3G iPhone and maybe some cash to spare (prices on eBay are
eek.gif
). Anyways... that's my story. I just felt I needed to share. I didn't get the 3G while I was there because some guy that was buying his said he was in line for 2 and a half hours so I'll just try on a weekday.

Oh and... how do you make your passcode pad invisible? Someone mentioned it in another thread.

Dude lied to you, hows your phone that has a one year warranty already 2 months out of warranty when it only came out a year and 2 weeks ago. And if dude hasn't seen a screen thats stopped working in places, then he hasn't seen many iphones.
laugh.gif
what a coincidence for it to break right when the 3g iphone comes out too. everything is in good condition but the touchscreen isn't functioning properly. the bottom row with the most important functions like phone and mail doesn't work and the middle row doesn't work either. is there anyway in fixing this? i want to try and fix it but if not, then i'm just going to unlock it and try to fetch whatever i can on ebay.
Do what the guy above did, and take it to an apple store, they'll probably swap it out, as long as you're under warranty. You can check your warranty here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do if you're still under it, and your phone isn't jailbroken or any of that, then they will probably swap it.

actually, he's a month out of warranty.

the first iphone released last june. 3g released in july.

but most people at apple will just give you the hook up anyway. which he pretty much did. they dont really care, its not like its a macbook or something.

Originally Posted by JoRdaN DoN

Most of the cats that are buying the 1st gen are with T-Mobile. I sold my 4GB iPhone unlocked and jailbroken Friday afternoon and the cat called me yesterday trippin because he updated to 2.0 and bricked his phone.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]All sales are final...No Returns or Refunds[/color]

He wasn't getting a refund from me. I gave him the info to get it fixed. I only sold it for $150 anyway.

i'm looking to buy a used iphone with 1.1.4 firmware that is already unlocked and jailbroken. my question is is there a way to update it to 2.0 without itturning into a ibrick?

Originally Posted by Primo Escobar

i'm looking to buy a used iphone with 1.1.4 firmware that is already unlocked and jailbroken. my question is is there a way to update it to 2.0 without it turning into a ibrick?

The Dev Team has not released the update yet so at this time the answer is no.

i'm looking to buy a used iphone with 1.1.4 firmware that is already unlocked and jailbroken. my question is is there a way to update it to 2.0 without it turning into a ibrick?

The Dev Team has not released the update yet so at this time the answer is no.
iight, good looks. because if i get it i would like to download the actual AIM application. or can you do that while you still have 1.1.4? and anyidea when they might release that update?

It hasn't been released yet. But soon

yo NT i was wondering how stable is the 2.0 update??? from wat ive been hearing/seeing its wack !!! my homie said he lost all his contacts on his phone... butonly thing that looks dope is the aim lol !!!! im still with the 1.0.2 software havnet update it at all !!! someone offered me 300 for it and i was thinkingbout doing it so i can get the 3g but mine is perfectly fine and i like the OG one =] haha

Sig check......

Decisions...decisions.....decisions.... ok well im debating on wether to get the 3g iphone for att or should i get the first version iphone with tmobile? Iwant to know will the 3g have the capabilities of having emulators, video recording, themes, and what not... or will it only be for the first version iphones.I know the 3g is alot faster and edge is just like browsing on a sidekick. any thoughts would def be appreciated.. thnks...

Originally Posted by gboy1230

yo NT i was wondering how stable is the 2.0 update??? from wat ive been hearing/seeing its wack !!! my homie said he lost all his contacts on his phone... but only thing that looks dope is the aim lol !!!! im still with the 1.0.2 software havnet update it at all !!! someone offered me 300 for it and i was thinking bout doing it so i can get the 3g but mine is perfectly fine and i like the OG one =] haha

I haven't had any issues with my software at all. If he saved his contacts on this PC or Mac then a simple sync would've restored his contacts.

Originally Posted by Lootpac

laugh.gif
Do what the guy above did, and take it to an apple store, they'll probably swap it out, as long as you're under warranty. You can check your warranty here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do if you're still under it, and your phone isn't jailbroken or any of that, then they will probably swap it.

it's already past warranty. my cousin already tried bringing it to a store and they wouldn't replace it. i was hoping there was some type ofsoftware fix but i guess it's broke.

Bring it into the apple store, and they may be able to give you a replacement for like $70, depending. At the very least you can take it and make a couplebucks.

Back
Top Bottom