iPhone: Post everything here

Yo I've had my iPhone since it's release and it's gotten a few scuffs. I have Apple Care, what can I say to get a new one?

Thats great but if you have an iPhone how are you going to send pics to others with out mobile e-mail?

And who's hating?

Dude asked a question and I answered honestly. It doesn't have MMS....thats hating?

I like the iPhone, but the first gen is missing too many features found in every other smartphone to justify that price tag.

Devin the dude - *%%! faces
big l - big picture
Az - the come up
wutang - the first 17 sec of hellz wind staff
pimp.gif

az nas - mo money mo murder
masta ace - good ol love
kanye - good morning

Originally Posted by the funkeee homosap1en

undated my phone about a few hours ago and so far i like what i see..

movable home icons as well as bookmarks on homepage
pimp.gif

improved Google map features (i know this will be very handy)
pimp.gif

customized ringtones dont work
mad.gif
mad.gif

still waiting for that ichat app.. anyone have any info?
nerd.gif

*one of my homeboy's iphone actually bricked with this update. no hacks or anything yet the phone was bricked.. this happen to anyone else??
what? my ringtones all still work.
and yeah my phone started acting stupid but i just restored it and put all my backed up stiff back on

mrXdaboss

Just tell them you already have a phone, and they'll give you the sim. If you plan on using the internet add t zones for 6.99

^HAH.

About my screen name. I made it when I was in 8th grade (2000). Me and my friends were making fun of the Cash Money Millionaires and I was Lil Wang instead ofLil Wayne. Didn't want to change it because I've had it so long......

You newbie.

I want to know everything to jailbreaking my iphone its firmware is 1.1.2. Can someone give me links on how to do this step by step?

Originally Posted by ManikHispanik

I think it depends what firmware you're running cause I know in the 1.1.1 release they turned up the earpiece volume. Mines unlocked running on tmobile so I'm still waiting for them to crack 1.1.1 for unlocked iphones.

1.1.1 is already cracked to unlock. I was previously running 1.0.2 on my unlocked iPhone with T-Mobile. Last week, I virginized my phone and updated to1.1.1 with no problem.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Originally Posted by domc03

coming from at&t rep:
YOU CAN KEEP YOUR CURRENT PLAN
YOU WILL HAVE TO ADD A DATA PLAN $20, $30, OR $40
NO YOUR CURRENT SIM WILL NOT WORK IN THE IPHONE.
EITHER GET A NEW SIM OR KEEP THE ONE THAT IS IN THE PHONE.
AND QUIT BEING CHEAP AND ADD A DAMN FEATURE PACKAGE

AND WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU UNLOCK AN IPHONE IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AT&T

AND YES THE CAPS WAS INTENTIONAL SO DEAL W/ IT.

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT
CAPS LOCK FOR CRUISE CONTROL.

i'm on a family plan and my 2 year contract is ending in a few months. at that point i want to get an iphone. i already have a text plan so i want to knowwhat extra charges will come with the iphone. i have wifi in my home but if i want to get a data plan how much is that? can you just tell me the extra charges?

thanks

Originally Posted by SchruteFarms

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Was there a way I could have kept my original plan (400+200 AT, Unlimited N&W, Regional on Blue-AT&T Wireless) and just added the date plan for the iPhone?

I believe that the rollover minutes feature will make up the difference, but I figured I may as well ask just to ease my mind.
did they tell you you couldn't keep it? i thought existing customers just add $20

Yup. I had a school discount associated with my account which had to be removed. As you can see, my plan was also an old AT&T Wireless plan. I hadto call in to have my plan changed before I could even register the iPhone.

Like you, I heard a subscriber could just add the data/text plan, but I'm assuming that only goes for people that have a relatively current plan.

LilJRDN: To get around the AT&T contract, you can use the iPhone through GoPhone. During activation when they ask for your SS# type in 999-99-9999. Thatwill cause your friend to "fail" the credit process, they will then offer prepaid service contract free.

If my carrier is T-Mobile, is there any way I can use the iPhone? I don't know anything about unlocking phones or anything about firmware, I'mcompletely lost with this stuff. What exactly would I need to do to get the iPhone to work with T-Mobile? Any help is appreciated
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by the funkeee homosap1en

undated my phone about a few hours ago and so far i like what i see..

movable home icons as well as bookmarks on homepage
pimp.gif

improved Google map features (i know this will be very handy)
pimp.gif

customized ringtones dont work
mad.gif
mad.gif

still waiting for that ichat app.. anyone have any info?
nerd.gif

*one of my homeboy's iphone actually bricked with this update. no hacks or anything yet the phone was bricked.. this happen to anyone else??
How is your texting working? What e-mail account do you use, hows it working with the update??

iChat might come about next month with the SDK.... if not I'd guess for sure during the summer.

There should be some upgrades for th iPhone over the summer and/or later in the year I would guess.

so far everythin is great. usin yahoo mail right now and i have yet to experience any problems.

Thanks for the info.. glad to know that theres something to look forward to after this update

Back
Top Bottom