iPhone: Post everything here

My laptop just broke and I now use my desktop to update\sync\download things to my phone. I noticed that when I switched computers I lost my ringtones that I had purchased. Is there anyway transfer them to my other computer or save them directlyto my phone. Thanks in advance...

According to Apple, you're SOL:

If you purchased content from the iTunes Store and didn't back them up, there's no way to download them again. You'll have to buy new copies of the content. This is why backing up your media files in iTunes is important.

I don't like it, but I've made sure to back-up everything, including purchases.

Originally Posted by jmedora

It's not going to expand functionality at all, just a quicker way to access data. And everyone was expecting this at Macworld, yet there's only a few cities in the US that even support it, unless you're in NYC, SF, LA and a few rural areas you're network isn't even ready for it. People are complaining that Europe has it, why don't we? Because European mobile companies are much more advanced than that US trash you call AT&T, Verizon and Tmobile. Once AT&T rolls out 3G, maybe they'll put out 3G.

Also forgot to mention, you're going to be paying ALOT more for 3G, Europeans get phones like the Nokia N95, iPhone, and other high end phones, yet they pay over $100 a month. Putting 3G into the phone is gonna cost you a lot more on you're per month bill.

Where are you getting your information from? Since when are cities like Denver, Baltimore, DC, Atlanta, Phoenix, Las Vegas, etc. rural?

AT&T has coverage maps for a reason: http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer

Regarding the pricing for 3G on an iPhone, again, where are you getting your information from? It currently costs $20 for data and text ($15 unlimited data +$5 200 texts-minimum). AT&T isn't charging smartphone/PDA prices for data usage on the iPhone. That data pricing is the same as it is for their regularphones, many of which are 3G so, I wouldn't anticipate an increase in data pricing unless AT&T decides to reclassify the iPhone as a smartphone or PDA.

And not everyone has mobile e-mail folks.

Most of my friends have basic Nextels. Mobile E-mail is crazy talk to them. Thats beside the point anyway...what phone on the market, in that price range cant send MMS.

Almost all FREE phones do that nowadays.
Most phones can also send picture text messages to email addresses without having mobile email. Even free phones...like a v3 razr

Still need help fellas if you dont mind.

SO i installed all these apps and got some themes, where do i go next to put the theme on my phone. ALso i wanted to try out apollo for aim how owuld i goabout that as wel. thx, help is appreciated

aim: iversonmoss384

diamond%2Biphone.jpg

you could do this
pimp.gif

A quick dumb question.....can u change the color of your text bubbles from lime green to something else? I coulda sworn I saw a chick infront of me at the clubwith pink bubbles when she was texting....

MJRM2384 wrote:
A friend of mine is an AT&T customer service rep and said there was a rumor that a new version will be coming out soon with a Road view GPS system and possibly a slide out keyboard... anyone else hear anything like this?
Hopefully they can drop a 16G model or something
I'm assuming your friend is making guesses at speculations. Why would an AT&T customer service rep know anything about the intricacies ofApple? They barely knew anything a week after the iPhone came out. I highly highly HIGHLY doubt any more versions of the iPhone would come out with a slide outkeyboard as that would be basically saying "we were wrong, this is easier". Personally, I love the touch keyboard and find it very easy to use. This>>> my Sidekick 3 keyboard.

I've been out of the loop for a while so has anything broken about how to make your iPhone work in other countries SAFELY without worrying about itbricking the next time an update comes along? I travel a lot and it would be very nice to not have to pay those roaming fees since I have other sim cards.

i have a questions. im an existing at&t customer with a 8525. but i want to get an iphone. is it possible to put my sim card thats in my 8525 and make itwork in the iphone. do i need to unlock it???

Originally Posted by solistik

Originally Posted by GOTtaBEtheSNEAKERS

There are no discount rates on your plan with your iphone. The only people that i know of
who receive discounts plans with their iphones are apple employees and probably AT&T
employees. So once you switch over to an IPhone, you will automatically lose whatever dis-
count you had on your plan.
I have a discounted plan with my iPhone and I do not work for Apple nor AT&T.
Well, according to Apple and AT&T, you're not supposed to have that discount. The exception doesn't make the rule.

i unlocked my iphone but when i put my sim card in it says i dont have edge. i have the 20 dollar data plan that i was using it with. Do u guys know what iwill have to do to ge edge? and if i have to call tmobile and tell em will it cost me more money?

undated my phone about a few hours ago and so far i like what i see..

movable home icons as well as bookmarks on homepage
pimp.gif

improved Google map features (i know this will be very handy)
pimp.gif

customized ringtones dont work
mad.gif
mad.gif

still waiting for that ichat app.. anyone have any info?
nerd.gif

*one of my homeboy's iphone actually bricked with this update. no hacks or anything yet the phone was bricked.. this happen to anyone else??

I wonder.. by kanye W - Finally, i managed to figure out "how "to create my own ringtones - f** $1.99 for a ringtone lol

Is it OD to have a PPC and an iPhone? I'd use the PPC for phone calls, IM/text and the iPhone for everything else.

ok one more question..if i restore my iphone does everything get deleted of just music and pictures??
WhErE my SaLvAdOrIaNs At ?!?!?!?

kingcrux31 for easy ringtone use iphone ringtone maker
it allows you 3 trial ringtones after that you have to pay for it, that thing works wonders, select a mp3 song, select length 30 secs or less, and press loadto iphone.
if you want the full version for free pm me

So I am a AT&T customer since august, I signed a 2 year contract. I want to buy the Iphone. Can I simply go to Apple and buy a Iphone and activate it andkeep my number ? Or will I have to sign up and get a new phone number and another 2 year contract? Thank you.

lack of true internet browsing
? Safari on the iphone is better than anything else out right now

How the hell is a $400 phone not able to send picture messages
smh.gif
Unexcusable...
Hmm, let's see, you do realize that every phone has an email address which is the person's number@ whatever the carrier chooses for theirdomain. You can send a pic as an attachment to that address and the person gets the picture. PEople are just too lazy/ignorant/stupid/whatever to learn aboutthis though I guess

Back
Top Bottom