iPhone: Post everything here

that doesn't make sense- thats like vacuuming the floor before spilling dirt on it. you're going through the trouble of unlocking it but you'restill using it on att?

Originally Posted by JoE TwEnTy1

is it true theres going to be a real aim application for the iphone coming in february?
nerd.gif

damn, some of ya'll are crazy with it!

i got a few questions that maybe some of you can help with:

in my e-mail (yahoo) it always says at the bottom of the screen " 1 UNSENT MESSAGE". I took it into the apple store, they looked at it and theyverified all my messages were sent and this might be some kind of gliche. the girl recommended restoring the iphone. since my pics and songs r saved on mycomputer this should be ok to do right? this saves all my phone contacts, etc. also? i dont want to lose anything just to get the UNSENT MESSAGE comment away,but after a few months its starting to annoy the piss out of me...

is there a way to link to outlook e-mail? what if its through your corporate job and you have to vpn in? (i saw something about a vopn when i was navigatingthrough the phone one day)

is there any way to sms mutliple people?

I switched over from using a sidekick and kind of hated it at first because i was so used to the SK keyboard. The iPhone keyboard takes some getting used to..but you'll be ok once you get the hang of it. I don't think I'd ever go back to using a sidekick.. or any other phone for that matter.

Solistik,

May I ask how you still receive a discount? I'm not wrong because I've spoken to an AT&T rep and they told there are no discounts applied to aniphone plan. I have a friend that works for Apple and he also told me that there are no discounts applied to iphone plans as well, but he receives a discountsince he works for Apple.

I have a question for those of you who have jailbroken and updated to 1.1.2. I followed all of the directions, Installed oktoprep, updated, but know when I tryto open jailbreak.jar in the jailbreak folder nothing happens.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

all instrumentals-

family business
the food
guess who's back
luchini
go crazy
selfish

^^ Try restarting your computer and your iphone...have you tried to use the wall charger for your iphone?

^^^ yea thats what i meant. I installed it, should the themes automaticaly load on my phone or do i have to find it somewhere on my iphone

Yea I read on engadget you can go online and cancel it now. Or call in. Save you 20 a month.

DL iTunes 7.0 and make them yourself.. :smile:
smile.gif
BOSTON CELTICS
16 Championships ~ 10 MVPs ~ 1 Legacy
1~2~3~6~10~14~ 15~16~17~18~19~21~22~23~24~25~31~32~33~35~00~LOSCY

EXACT STEPS

1. Select the song in iTunes that I want to use as a ringtone. Protected AAC files will not work.
2. Right-click on the song and select Get Info
3. Go to the Options page and select the start and end times for the ringtone
4. Right-click on the song again and select Convert Selection to AAC
5. Right-click on the converted song and select Show in Finder
6. Drag the .m4a file from the Finder window to your desktop
7. Go back to iTunes and delete the converted song from iTunes. When I skipped this step, double clicking on the .m4r file to import the ringtone into iTunesdid not work properly.
8. Right-click on the song file on your desktop, select Get Info and change the file extension from .m4a to m4r. You should get a warning message aboutchanging the extension.
9. Open a Finder window and locate the Ringtones folder underneath your iTunes folder. The path should be /Users//Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Ringtones. If thisfolder does not exist, create it.
10. Drag the renamed song file from your desktop to the Ringtones folder in Finder.
11. Double-click on the .m4r file now stored inside the Ringtones folder. iTunes should change to the Ringtones folder under Library near the top and startplaying the ringtone
12. Plug-in your iPhone to begin the sync process. This should copy the ringtone over to your iPhone. You can verify this after the sync is complete byexpanding the iPhone contents inside iTunes and then, selecting the Ringtones folder.

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

Originally Posted by SWiFT Yons

Yo

i have a question about the ringtone.. when i had my BB it was easy to send the tones you made to your phone after you do the converting and everything. But on my Iphone it is difficult, is there anyway i could transfer Ringtones without buying/downloading a software- Just only using ITUNES?
with itunes 7.5 and iphone firmware 1.1.2 it brings back the rename method to make ringtones in iTunes
^^

thanks partner, i figured it out earlier.

Originally Posted by SWiFT Yons

i have 250 minutes for 59 bucks and another 20 for internet or whatever.

80 bucks monthly more or less, kinda expensive to keep up with like i said before. IS there anyway to cancel the internet, because i barely use it- i don't see the need for it if you have WiFi.

Oh and yeah you can make your own ringtones easily and speaking of insurance (apple care?) lol.

how do u live off only 250 minutes? i use that in a few days..

Invisible shield FTW! Expensive as hell but well worth the money. Its a full body cover and works great. I can run my keys over the screen without hesitationand it'll be fine. It's kind of hard to get on but once its dry, you're good to go. Plus a life time warranty doesn't hurt. I would stronglysuggest investing in one if you're lookingfor a good phone protector.

Blah!

Is there any possible cheaper plan than the 39.99/month 450 plan? I only use like 200 minutes a month if that, but I text an awful lot. (300-400) So i'mpaying around 75 a month for my iPhone plan.
mad.gif

Also, im kind of considering selling my iPhone and just going back to a normal phone. If I called ATT and explained that to them, can I remove the iPhone dataplan and add the starter text plan?

Back
Top Bottom