iPhone: Post everything here

you guys should check this theme out its
pimp.gif

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70036

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

Originally Posted by Fecta23

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

My boy told me that if you're a member of a union then you get 15% off your bill every month from AT&T. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm pretty sure hes right my mom is a teacher and gets 15 percent off her bill because of it.

False. The only way to get a percent off your bill is if you work for ATT corporate or Apple (I think). When they first dropped it, they announced NO discounts would work (and I had a 27% discount... that hurt
smh.gif
)

? my parents get government discounts from apple and ATT.

when i got my phone, i used my moms government discount.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

What are the sources that need to be added for playstation and genesis games
Okay I still need assistance with that and also has anyone successfully installed the video recorder? Everytime I go to install it I get halfwaythrough and then I'm sent back to the home screen and its not installed. I've even tried installing both of the different versions and neither work.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Is anyone's ringtone volume low, even when its turned all the way up?
Yeah and this is what I did... get a staple and bend it open. Poke into the little holes on the bottom of your phone (make sure you just do it to the speaker and NOT the mic). My phone is probably 5x louder now and I can actually hear when it rings when I'm out.
Has anyone else tried this?

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Is anyone's ringtone volume low, even when its turned all the way up?
Yeah and this is what I did... get a staple and bend it open. Poke into the little holes on the bottom of your phone (make sure you just do it to the speaker and NOT the mic). My phone is probably 5x louder now and I can actually hear when it rings when I'm out.
Has anyone else tried this?

ALOT of people have done this dont be afraid to. I just havent found the need to cause my Ringtone volume is fine

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh oh oh

the ipod is the only way to be
for thy itself make me not go to sleep

oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh

HURRY UP 3G

Does anybody use the Iphone w/ prepaid?? i wanted to get the iphone 2 as a back up phone to my other cell

for some reason...it still amazes me at how well Apple is able to keep everything regarding there products (iphone) on the downlow and have nothing spreadingall over the internet...here we are a couple of hours from the new iphone being presented to us and we know pretty much nothing about it yet...

i just won $1500 from the slots using a twenty dollar bill, i'm so juiced right now about the announcement. i want to see what they have in stores for us

Jordannb23 why the hell would you want a iphone on prepaid?
laugh.gif
and as a backup phone? I'm sorry that %!% just seems like a complete waste of time andmoney.

Jordannb23 why the hell would you want a iphone on prepaid?
laugh.gif
and as a backup phone? I'm sorry that *+* just seems like a complete waste of time andmoney.

Steve is discussing new features in the iPhone 2.0 software. First, contact search with live searching. Second, full iWork document support. Third, complete support for Office documents (Word, Excel, and now PowerPoint). Fourth, bulk delete & move for messages. Fifth, the ability to save images you get. Sixth, a new calculator with scientific mode when you rotate the iPhone. Seventh, parental controls. Eight, tremendous language support.

iPhone 2.0 will be available in early for July. Free for iPhone owners, $9.99 for iPod Touch owners.

Introducing the iPhone 3G.

Apple has learned so much with the first iPhone. They have taken everything they've learned and more and created the iPhone 3G. Even thinner, black plastic back, solid metal buttons, same gorgeous display, camera, flush headphone jack, and dramatically improved audio.

How does the iPhone 3G tackle the challenges? 3G = faster data downloads, perfect for Safari and Mail. Comparing download speeds between 3G and EDGE. 3G finished in 21 seconds. EDGE finished in 59 seconds.2.8X faster. Approaching WiFi speeds (WiFi scored 17 seconds). When compared to other 3G phones (Nokia N95 and Treo 750), the iPhone is 36% faster -- and better looking.

f1213036420.jpg

f1213036418.jpg

[table][tr][td]11:46 am[/td] [td]The iPhone 3G will be available July 11th in 22 countries. The maximum price around the world is $199 USD. Now showing an ad.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:45 am[/td] [td]$299 for the 16GB -- a white version of this size will be available too.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:45 am[/td] [td]Now on to the final challenge -- affordability. Started at $599 for an 8GB iPhone, now $399. The iPhone 3G 8GB will sell for... $199.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:43 am[/td] [td]That rollout will occur over the coming few months.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:43 am[/td] [td]China, Japan, Australia, etc. 70 countries total.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:42 am[/td] [td]Checking off 3G from the list of challenges. The second challenge, enterprise support, is fully built-in and can be checked off. The third challenge, third party application support, can also be checked off. The fourth challenge, more countries, can be checked off as it will be available in Canada, Mexico, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands and many others -- "It's a Small World" is playing as countries continue to appear on the map.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:39 am[/td] [td]With GPS, the iPhone can do tracking. A pulsating dot is moving across the Google map as a car drives down Lombard street.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:38 am[/td] [td]Data from cell towers, WiFi networks, and now -- GPS.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:38 am[/td] [td]GPS support now integrated into the iPhone.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:38 am[/td] [td]3G has great battery life on iPhone. 300 hours of standby, 2G talk-time now has 10 hours (as opposed to 5), 5 hours of 3G talk-time (most phones only have 3 hour 3G talk time), 5 to 6 hours of high-speed browsing, 7 hours of video, 24 hours of audio.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:37 am[/td] [td]Now demoing an email download. The email attachment took 5 seconds to download on 3G and 18 seconds on EDGE. 3 seconds on WiFi.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:36 am[/td] [td]2.8X faster. Approaching WiFi speeds (WiFi scored 17 seconds). When compared to other 3G phones (Nokia N95 and Treo 750), the iPhone is 36% faster -- and better looking.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:35 am[/td] [td]How does the iPhone 3G tackle the challenges? 3G = faster data downloads, perfect for Safari and Mail. Comparing download speeds between 3G and EDGE. 3G finished in 21 seconds. EDGE finished in 59 seconds.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:33 am[/td] [td]Apple has learned so much with the first iPhone. They have taken everything they've learned and more and created the iPhone 3G. Even thinner, black plastic back, solid metal buttons, same gorgeous display, camera, flush headphone jack, and dramatically improved audio.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:32 am[/td] [td]Introducing the iPhone 3G.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:31 am[/td] [td]56% of people that want an iPhone but didn't get one say it was due to price.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:31 am[/td] [td]1) 3G network support 2) Enterprise support 3) Third party application support 4) More countries (joking about unlocked iPhones in countries not officially supported) 5) More affordable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11:30 am[/td] [td]Apple figured out what the next challenges are.[/td] [/tr][/table]

I TOLD YALL it wasn't coming out today! Knew it.
July 11th it is. That gives 1 month for the hype to build and shipments to be received in stores.
---Awesome new price.
---FAST 3G
---Great new battery
---3rd Party Apps
---GPS
---Firmware 2.0
---New look.... and thinner

What is the best plan to get with an iPhone? My girl and I will probably get a couple when the new 3G drops. We will be getting married 1 year to the date ofthe release and need to get our own plan. I do not talk a ton, I text more than anything, I do not need a ton of internet time since we have it available atwork. I am not looking to get everything on it but since the new 3G is going to be a steal, I was wondering what would be the best plan since the clowns at thestore always try to sell you a different plan. Thanks for any suggestions.

So the price of the new Iphone 3g is $199 and $299. So how much is it if I don't sign a 2 year contract? HELP....

Back
Top Bottom