iPhone: Post everything here

[h2]http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/gizmodo/...amcast-more-powerful-than-ds-and-psp-combined[/h2]
[h2]John Carmack Says iPhone As Powerful as Dreamcast, More Powerful Than DS and PSP Combined [Iphone Gaming] [/h2]
from Gizmodo by Jason Chen

iphone-wolf-rpg.jpg
We're all for making hyperbolic statements about how powerful the iPhone is as a gaming system, but John Carmack's taking things to the next level. As you remember, Sega has previously said that the iPhone is as powerful as their Dreamcast system, and EA has previously said that it's more powerful than the DS, but less than the PSP. Carmack, on the other hand, is having none of this. He says that it's more powerful than "a Nintendo DS and PSP combined." Combined! Like, if you taped the two together and had them working simultaneously, he's saying it won't be as good as an iPhone!

He also goes on to say that it's almost as strong as a PlayStation 2 and an Xbox 1 at launch. Think back to the games you played on the PS2 and Xbox. Now think of the games you're playing on the iPhone. Doesn't quite match up, does it?

It's strange to us that Carmack is throwing out so much hype for Apple, seeing as he's got a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with the company.
The verdict is also out on whether Apple has a concrete grasp of gaming, the id co-founder said. The company's reception to criticism has also been counterintuitive, which has led to its relationship with id being something akin to a roller-coaster ride.

Apple essentially kisses his *!* when they need him to show up for one of Steve Jobs' keynotes, but then throws him the cold shoulder the second he passes judgment, Carmack said.

[Apple Insider]

Previous Carmack coverage

img.phdo
tracker.php

http://feeds.gawker.com/~f/gizmodo/full?a=32oTNk

eek.gif
I'm happy with my purchase.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

im thinking about getting the iphone soon, just wonder what are the best case for the iphone? i seen some at the apple store and AT&T, they dont look that nice....

There are a variety of cases/skins out there, depending on what you're interested in. Not all the cases/skins are listed on the Apple/AT&T site. Ibought something called the SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel. It's a combination of a hard case and skin hybrid. It's got a skin covering the whole back andsides of the phone minus the screen. And a hard exoskeleton that snaps over that. It's kind of hard to explain but check the website, switcheasy.com.There's a bunch of different colors/combinations for what you like.

Also check out macrumors.com for lots of iPhone stuff. They've got a forum dedicated strictly to accessories like cases/skins/chargers, etc. I found awealth of information there, not only about accessories, but about hardware, firmaware, software, applications, bugs, etc.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

2.0.1 update is up.

Fixes bugs within the software

How do we download it? just sync to iTunes?

Edit: The update is 249MB... it better fix something...

awaiting my 16GB White 3G that I ordered from my boy @ an ATT location on Saturday....hopefully comes in soon so I can start playing around with that thing

Does the t-mobile Internet plan include text¿ does the blackberry¿ I'm trying to figure out what's best to use...

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Does the t-mobile Internet plan include text¿ does the blackberry¿ I'm trying to figure out what's best to use...

No. Text is separate

1) How do you get the background of where you see the aps, to be a picture instead of black, like this: (edit: I saved the picture under Wallpaper -> CameraRoll and it only shows up behind the passcode screen when you first touch the phone, but i wanted it behind all the icons)
24d31hw.jpg

2) What's the easiest way to convert one of your songs to a ringtone?

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

who's got the update running? how is it? any differences? notice anything?

I don't notice any changes. Probably just some tweaks "under the hood"

Originally Posted by bonafide125

^^^You need summerboard/customize to do that.
Use the ringtone app for ringtones

summerboard/customize... is that only for unlocked phones?
I just got the 3g

I need some help NT, im creating my custom ring tones but when i sync it in to my iphone as a ring tone. There is no sound when i select it or when the phonering can any1 help me out

I can't find the ringtone app for 3g
tired.gif

Didn't somebody post a "how to convert mp3 to ringtone using itunes".. anyone know where that's at?
thanks

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

[h2]http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/gizmodo/...amcast-more-powerful-than-ds-and-psp-combined[/h2]
[h2]John Carmack Says iPhone As Powerful as Dreamcast, More Powerful Than DS and PSP Combined [Iphone Gaming] [/h2]
from Gizmodo by Jason Chen

iphone-wolf-rpg.jpg
We're all for making hyperbolic statements about how powerful the iPhone is as a gaming system, but John Carmack's taking things to the next level. As you remember, Sega has previously said that the iPhone is as powerful as their Dreamcast system, and EA has previously said that it's more powerful than the DS, but less than the PSP. Carmack, on the other hand, is having none of this. He says that it's more powerful than "a Nintendo DS and PSP combined." Combined! Like, if you taped the two together and had them working simultaneously, he's saying it won't be as good as an iPhone!

He also goes on to say that it's almost as strong as a PlayStation 2 and an Xbox 1 at launch. Think back to the games you played on the PS2 and Xbox. Now think of the games you're playing on the iPhone. Doesn't quite match up, does it?

It's strange to us that Carmack is throwing out so much hype for Apple, seeing as he's got a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with the company.
The verdict is also out on whether Apple has a concrete grasp of gaming, the id co-founder said. The company's reception to criticism has also been counterintuitive, which has led to its relationship with id being something akin to a roller-coaster ride.

Apple essentially kisses his *!* when they need him to show up for one of Steve Jobs' keynotes, but then throws him the cold shoulder the second he passes judgment, Carmack said.

[Apple Insider]

Previous Carmack coverage

img.phdo
tracker.php

http://feeds.gawker.com/~f/gizmodo/full?a=32oTNk

eek.gif
I'm happy with my purchase.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
i have to get star wars
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and as far as customizing... get winterboard.

for AT&T users, how much are you guys paying for internet? how does the ATT internet compare to the Tmobile 'tzones'? (for OG iPhone)

i tried to find garage band ap and the winterboard ap for customizing (search under the app store). Man, nothing is there.
Is there an app place you go online and just send it to your phone or how do you guys go about this?

I got a free ringtone from ATT and they don't even allow you to select iPhone so how am I supposed to get it
laugh.gif

tired.gif

All I want is to have some ringtones (preferrable make my own via itunes) and a background picture behind where i select the icons.
ohwell.gif

(unless it's not possible on the 3g, but i doubt it)

sigh.

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

i tried to find garage band ap and the winterboard ap for customizing (search under the app store). Man, nothing is there.
Is there an app place you go online and just send it to your phone or how do you guys go about this?

I got a free ringtone from ATT and they don't even allow you to select iPhone so how am I supposed to get it
laugh.gif

tired.gif

All I want is to have some ringtones (preferrable make my own via itunes) and a background picture behind where i select the icons.
ohwell.gif

sigh.

easiest and fastest way for ringtones is Audiko.com

Originally Posted by dalilboy

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

laugh.gif

tired.gif

ohwell.gif

sigh.

easiest and fastest way for ringtones is Audiko.com
Ahh i put it in google because it didn't work, but you meant audiko.net I think.
thanks!!

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

who's got the update running? how is it? any differences? notice anything?

i got it, i really dont notice anything, they say its smoother but i cant see it

Back
Top Bottom