iPhone Question

So today i dropped my iphone and the screen cracked at the bottom up to about the middle of the screen. I was pissed. Now I scheduled an appointment with the Apple Genius tomorrow so they can fix it. Im just wondering if they are going to make me pay for the repair. I have a warranty btw. Has anyone else dealt with this?

My very first iphone (the 2g) I dropped it with in a week of getting it (well some chick dropped it) and they replaced it. But i think they may not be doing that anymore. I recently just paid someone to do it for me for 100 on my 3gs I didnt even bother take it to apple.

^^ im not trying to pay for it though and i think if you get someone other than apple to do it, it voids the warranty

if its under warranty they will give you a new one. make sure you back all the info on the computer as they wont transfer it for you.

yea i just finished that but im worried about my texts now

does anyone know of a program where i can back up my text messages cuz there's some juicy stuff in there
laugh.gif

physical damage. They will charge you... applecare nor warranty covers physical damage. unless u meet a COOL !%# genius, your SOL. but all is not lost. if tehy start talking that $200 deal remember there are places all over the country that will allow you to mail them ya phone and fix the screen. For example I broke my 3GS last spring, JUST when I got it. I ended up going to apple who said yea $2.99 and we'll give u a new one for this one. I said no and got it fixed for $50 at a place in Chicago via ebay. Dude even included a screen protector and used actual apple parts. Its been working great since. but yea i'd go see because Ive heard good stories but more often than not your SOL. but yea best of luck and be sure to update this thread tommorow. Peace!

Originally Posted by KingRamey

yea i just finished that but im worried about my texts now

does anyone know of a program where i can back up my text messages cuz there's some juicy stuff in there
laugh.gif

Plug it in to iTunes, right click on your iPhone and click backup.

eek.gif
damn 200 i hope they just fix it and that be the end of it
smh.gif

thanks for all the info guys i'll update after i take it tomorrow

UPDATE:

i went to the apple store today and told them what happen happened. i pulled my phone out and he gave me a look like "i know why youre here but we cant do nothing about that:\" Thats exactly what he told me, too. He was gonna make me pay the full $200. Luckily i went with my grandma and she haggled/nagged the hell out of dude
laugh.gif
He then said he would do it for half off. She wasnt having that either. After like 5 more minutes of that he just asked for my phone. Got the serial number and all the other stuff they do and brought my phone to fixed. Free of charge of course
pimp.gif

roll.gif
KingRamey wrote:

UPDATE:

i went to the apple store today and told them what happen happened. i pulled my phone out and he gave me a look like "i know why youre here but we cant do nothing about that:\" Thats exactly what he told me, too. He was gonna make me pay the full $200. Luckily i went with my grandma and she haggled/nagged the hell out of dude
laugh.gif
He then said he would do it for half off. She wasnt having that either. After like 5 more minutes of that he just asked for my phone. Got the serial number and all the other stuff they do and brought my phone to fixed. Free of charge of course
pimp.gif

they are good for that. I went in a while back when they were giving free ipods with new systems. I bought a computer, laptop and some software. I had to wait so they could link them up and take my old stuff off of my old pc. Some how i remember my girl still had a iphone 2g. It was physically damaged to hell and rusted out of warranty. I took to the guy and he tried to give me a runaround. I told he I just droped a 5k transaction. remedy my problem or they will keep their stuff. sure enough they gave her a refurbed 3gs.

pimp.gif
for your gma!

laugh.gif

I did this to my sisters Iphone, forgot it was in my lap and got out of the car
roll.gif

Originally Posted by KingRamey

UPDATE:

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
 after all ive been through.. im about to take my grandma tomorrow.... but , did they fix it right at the spot or did they give you a refurbished iphone?

Back
Top Bottom