iPHONE USERS WITH KNOWLEDGE PLEASE READ

OK I know quite a bit when it comes to iPHONES I know how to jailbreak them and know all the little tricks. But I have a simple question for people who have had both the 2G and 3G versions.
Up until now had a 2G 8GB jailbroken that was flawless so there was really no reason for me to buy a new 3G or 3G S model. But I came across last night a 16GB 3G S model that was more or less found at a partry to be honest.

I DID A FACTORY RESTORE AND RESET AND JAILBROKE IT AND POPPED IN MY SIM AND EVERYTHING WORKS FINE BUT I AM ON A OLD ORIGINAL IPHONE PLAN. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF AT&T CAN TELL IM ON A 3G PHONE USEING 3G SERVICES WITH MY 2G SIM? Please any info would help I have heard yes they can tell and will threaten your service then I heard they cant tell

If you had 2g edge service on your 2G 8GB, I am pretty sure you are not using 3g service.

Well actually my sim is 2G but when I turn on 3G and watch basketball games live because I got the NBA MOBILE TICKET it is super clear and fast with no glitching so I know for a fact im useing 3G.

But I just wanted to know if anybody has been caught by atat useing there 2G sim card and getting 3G service

They will most likely catch it and move your plan to the $30/month rather than the $20/month you are paying now.

Or you can call them and ask them to change your plan to the 3g $30/month plan.

Yes they will know. I tried doing that from original iPhone to the 3g and within I say about a week i received a text message from ATT saying I did not have the correct data plan and my data stopped working.
This was over a year ago so I dont know if they can still tell. 

They can tell what phone is connected to there network through the IICD or something like that
wink.gif

I have both 2G and 3G iPhone. Took the sim card from activated 2G iPhone into 3G iPhone and I have 3G speed on 2G plan. Been a year and still playing 2g plan

Do you guys recommend buying an i phone now or waiting this summer for a new one to drop?

If you can get one for a cheap price go for it but dont pay a arm and a leg for one whenever the new one will drop. But then again if you take care of it you can easily get $350 plus on ebay so its kind of a win win situation

you have to go to an ATT store and get a new 3G sim.
i had to do the same thing when i got my 3G the year it released.

but your 3G sim will work in your 2g if you ever need it as backup.

Back
Top Bottom