iPhone... WAIT or BUY NOW??? HELP!!

NT! Im in a dilema... im reading up on how apple is supposedly coming with something new early 2008! But i kinda need/want the iPhone now... if i get it nowwill i be able to update whatever apple has in store???

Wait until June when the 3G version comes out, that's what I'm doing. Also on the look out for whatever google is doing.
nerd.gif

Technology will always kick you in the butt the second after you buy. New stuff ALWAYS around the corner, so if you need a new phone, buy a new phone. If youcan wait, then do that too.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Wait until June when the 3G version comes out, that's what I'm doing. Also on the look out for whatever google is doing.
nerd.gif
Google designed a new platform that will enable users to choose different phones for different carriers.
Putting an end to the this-company-has-this-phone-while-this-company-has-this-phone business. Thank god.
Should come around early springtime. Gonna cost you though in the beginning.

No Google/gPhone from what I understand. Just the platform.

Originally Posted by Lip Dunk

Originally Posted by E3LAL

nerd.gif
Google designed a new platform that will enable users to choose different phones for different carriers.
Putting an end to the this-company-has-this-phone-while-this-company-has-this-phone business. Thank god.
Should come around early springtime. Gonna cost you though in the beginning.

No Google/gPhone from what I understand. Just the platform.

im almost positive that the iphone (and all of at&t/cingular) will be excluded from the google platform. verizon has made an announcement recently that itwill open up its network to any phone that passes a series of tests, basically trying to draw some of the attention from google's announcement.

I thought the new apple thing is just gonna be the actual apple applications for the iphone?

I'm in a similar dilemma, I want an iTouch more then life right now, but I don't want to cop the 16GB and have a 30GB or something drop a week later.

I'm also in a twist myself, but with me it's with a laptop.

I'm going to buy one, but then come June I don't want them to have one and redesign it.

So around the spring Verizon should have an Iphone? I might wait if thats the case but their Internet plans are obsurd--like $45 or something

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

I'm in a similar dilemma, I want an iTouch more then life right now, but I don't want to cop the 16GB and have a 30GB or something drop a week later.
I want a touch also my mini ran out of battery life and I ain't paying to have it shipped back to get a new battery. but I know as soon as I *hurryup and buy* apple gonna come with some 13 or 16 gig ipod touch

if you have had the service for a while all you gotta do is call your provider and say your leaving the country and wanna take your phone and they'll emailyou your unlock code. so you can use that phone on any service. just throw in the sim card

Yeah I feel what your saying cause I feel the same way.

if you have had the service for a while all you gotta do is call your provider and say your leaving the country and wanna take your phone and they'll email you your unlock code. so you can use that phone on any service. just throw in the sim card

will this apply to the iPhone as well?? because i honestly will be leaving the country for a year and the guy at AT&T just said id be screwed...
anyone know how true/the pros and cons of something like that?

Back
Top Bottom