Iron Man 3 (Movie Thread)-05/03/13 - New Trailer pg12 - Suits on Suits on Suits

Color scheme for this new suit is wack as @@$%....hope it is a pepper potts suit.

I like how their working their way up to something like this:

14j3v6f.jpg

who remembers the ninja armor from the cartoon....
pimp.gif

that RDJ swag.......
pimp.gif

sucks they didn't give out anything this year
tired.gif

so far i'm 5/5 for the marvel panels
tongue.gif

had to get in line at 4:30 in the morning just too see this, and even that early i was 1700th in line
eek.gif
sick.gif

The new look suit gives me a feeling that its for spacetravel or some %!*@....
nerd.gif
idk

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Color scheme for this new suit is wack as @@$%....hope it is a pepper potts suit.

I like how their working their way up to something like this:

14j3v6f.jpg

who remembers the ninja armor from the cartoon....
pimp.gif

Apparently most (if not all) suits were destroyed in the teaser they showed. 

lol, nah man... security was STRICT, night vision goggles strict
eek.gif

first time ever too, i was going to record like all the others i recorded but i couldn't

I know it's not for everybody, but I'm diggin' these two armors and can't wait for the Hot Toys version of either. :smokin

tgegergerg.png

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172975-iron-man-3-trailer-to-debut-on-october-23

Iron Man 3 Trailer to Debut on October 23

With production on the film back on track, E! Online has confirmed that fans will get their first teaser trailer for Marvel Studios' Iron Man 3 in just under three weeks. It's set to go online at 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, October 23.

Directed by Shane Black, the May 3, 2013 release stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Jon Favreau, Ben Kingsley, Guy Pearce, James Badge Dale, Ashley Hamilton and Rebecca Hall.

Check back on the 23rd for the full trailer!

why cant they just stick to the OG color blocking?

They need to sell merchandise. If it is the same suit for the whole series, then they wouldn't sell as much because people will think they'll be getting the same merchandise. There will probably be another suit anyways, the Extremis.

Can't wait for this one and the other marvels movies (wolverine, avengers 2, etc.)

They need to sell merchandise. If it is the same suit for the whole series, then they wouldn't sell as much because people will think they'll be getting the same merchandise. There will probably be another suit anyways, the Extremis.

Pic of extremis suit pls.

Pic of extremis suit pls.

For the film, none has surfaced yet.

In the comic:

His new armor is no longer a bulky unit which houses its own AI "response server" and miscellaneous interfaces for neural control. Instead, it is more lightweight (constructed of a pliable crystalline material with a molecular structure that can collimate into super-hard planes upon the application of an electrical field) and less complex (as it interfaces directly to Stark's brain via the Extremis-modified cybernetic connections), and has much faster response time since it effectively functions like Stark's second skin.

He is also able to remotely connect to external communications systems such as satellites, cellular phones, and computers through the PAN interconnect (that is now thought-controlled). Because the armor's operating system is now directly connected to Stark's nervous system, its response time has been significantly improved.

Another major departure from the previous armors is expansion of repulsor technology. The "repulsor flight system" provides lift (something like anti-gravity) and positive flight control (pitch, roll and yaw), while the usual rocket boots provide the armor with thrust. The same repulsor technology allows the individual pieces of the armor to levitate and assemble themselves, by modulating what Stark referred to as "vectored Repulsor fields".

Furthermore, the Extremis process has endowed Stark with a 'healing factor' and possibly even enhanced physical abilities, as he was confident enough to challenge Logan/Wolverine to a fight (and even challenging to see who's capable of recovering faster from the other's attack). It was later stated that the Extremis enhancement speeds up a person's repair process and hence the body's cells died and regenerated at a faster rate. This effectively made Tony Stark immune to cancer and gave him his 'healing factor'.

In the Iron Man: The Inevitable storyline, it was shown that it's not only Tony Stark's body and the interfacing undersheath that has self-healing properties. Even the Iron Man armor has the ability to self-heal and self-repair, presumably through the use of nanotechnology. The armor is also able to store power throughout its structure, indicating that instead of having main batteries mounted around the waist as in the older Iron Man armors, the Extremis armor incorporates distributed and decentralized energy storage.

Note: Although Extremis for reasons of simplicity is referred to as "a virus", it is not. The Extremis process involved injecting several billion microscopic nanotubes, which act as information carriers, into the brain. The brain is then partly reprogrammed; the so-called "repair center," that part of the brain which maintains an "integrity map" of the body, is told that the body is wrong. The physical reaction is that the entire body regrows itself, remaking itself per the Extremis instructions. Extremis itself, the original information package, is not involved; neither are "nanobots."

After the entire Stark 'dataspine', the central data processing center which governed all, or at least the pertinent portion of Stark technology, was infected with a hyper-advanced, Skrull-developed computer virus during the "Secret Invasion" storyline, Tony lost the ability to use Extremis' interface functions and consequently the armor was rendered obsolete. For the 2008 "World's Most Wanted" storyline, Tony used older armors, such as the Heroes Return and Classic Red and Gold versions.

2i1ff50.jpg

28lt94g.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly...ya'll gonna flame away...but I've never seen Iron Man 2, but part 1 was ill.

Honestly...ya'll gonna flame away...but I've never seen Iron Man 2, but part 1 was ill.

i felt Iron man 2 was forced. Like it wasnt neccessary. Story was kind of good but to like a 5 or 6/10.

If you want to see it without downloading it

Google movies2k

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom