Is anybody taking a break from EMPLOYMENT on here?

lol guilty of this.... working 4 months then doing what ever i want for the rest of the year..
pimp.gif

i choose not to work & take care of my daughter full-time. i could get a job, but choose not to because i feel that spending time with her throughout her first years on earth is more important than excess money. her father & i have side hustles which ensure food on the table/necessities but neither one of us are employed for the aforementioned reason. i don't find anything wrong with it, people with jobs are mad common; people willing to sacrifice their iphone to enjoy life with their children isn't. 
sidenote: i miss working & can't wait to get back out there, that is, if WWIII doesn't happen first. 
alien.gif

^ Aw, is this your first child? Keep up the good work Mom!

There's so many opportunity for side hustle (doesn't even have to be illegal) that allow us all to take a break from unemployment. BUT like employment, it does take time away and requires effort if you want effective results. I just came back to work from a one week vacation and booooooooooooy, was it enjoyed alright!
happy.gif

got laid off 2 weeks ago and looking for work. having no job been screwing me over between erratic sleep patterns to less money. me and my girl were bringing in about $1,000 a week and now its about $750.

I'm quiting at the end of the month, starting to hate this place and the people so I'll take a few weeks off, i won't do this besides sleeping, playing ball and traveling and then will start to look for a job again. BTW I didn't take a good break for years since i started working there before I finished my master's degree, now that i'm graduated i need to chill a bit.

Got fired from a job I hated but paid extremely well in August 2010. Saw it as a blessing in disguise. Went back to school. Lived off of my 401k, savings, and employment.
I felt uncertain, angry, acceptance, extremely happy, bored, frustrated, than depressed in that order (span of 10 months).

Now I'm in a better career field but I get paid about 12k less a year. Take the good with the bad.

I'm going to be on a 3 week break from work! I'm gona use that time to see my kids and wood haul ha

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

id be bored as !%$+ not working. I like getting up and heading into the world everyday.

qft

but i think when i have a kid i will take a year off....maybe.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Got fired from a job I hated but paid extremely well in August 2010. Saw it as a blessing in disguise. Went back to school. Lived off of my 401k, savings, and employment.
I felt uncertain, angry, acceptance, extremely happy, bored, frustrated, than depressed in that order (span of 10 months).

Now I'm in a better career field but I get paid about 12k less a year. Take the good with the bad.
props man..... sometimes you have to step back in order to move forward
pimp.gif

Quit my job last week. I thought I could handle freelance and personal goals at the same time as holding a part time job. Couldn't do it, the part time job was taking away too much of my energy and definitely my hurt my personal achievements.

I pretty much barter for everything anyway. I also make more money without a job. My landlady gives me commision for helping her rent her apartments or buildings because she is old. The commission gets credited straight to my rent
laugh.gif

To me, this upcoming year is important in the shaping of my life and surroundings. Spending my time and energy on another man's gain, such as an employer or college, is a hindrance to my progress.

I'm the employer type and not the employee type anyway. It never works out the other way around. I'm like a lion, I need to be free in the jungle, not caged up. That and I really want to smash my manager and all of my coworkers, and I refuse to cross those boundaries in a work environment
laugh.gif

I quit my job like a month & a half ago. . .the music always good, the food always good, the girls always good, the trees always good, the money always there when I need it, & I'm about to go on this vacation. . . I've been chilling I ain't coming back to that employment life. . . leaving the employment world was the greatest thing ever.

doin it now. quit my job last week. moving back to KC and doing what ever i want for the next 2 months. annnd im Graduating college on friday.

Back
Top Bottom