Is being LinkedIn essential in today's job market?

balloonoboy

Banned
I ran across the site before while doing a google search on a former supervisor but shrugged it off, not knowing it's purpose or function.

Now, having slogged through numerous classified ads on Craigslist, Indeed, and Simplyhired, sending out resumes with an interview or two here and there, and still not getting a job, I happen upon this site once more.

It's said to be a networking haven with over 65 million people using it the world over. Maybe I should tap into this. I'm in the process of filling out my profile now.

Anyways, do you think a tool like LinkedIn is essential to being recognized by a recruiter/hiring manager?

Any of you LinkedIn?

I ran across the site before while doing a google search on a former supervisor but shrugged it off, not knowing it's purpose or function.

Now, having slogged through numerous classified ads on Craigslist, Indeed, and Simplyhired, sending out resumes with an interview or two here and there, and still not getting a job, I happen upon this site once more.

It's said to be a networking haven with over 65 million people using it the world over. Maybe I should tap into this. I'm in the process of filling out my profile now.

Anyways, do you think a tool like LinkedIn is essential to being recognized by a recruiter/hiring manager?

Any of you LinkedIn?

I am on Linkedin. Not really for job searching purposes, but it does have postings. I mainly have it to somewhat keep tabs with past co-workers. It is not essential, but it is a great resource to have.

I am on Linkedin. Not really for job searching purposes, but it does have postings. I mainly have it to somewhat keep tabs with past co-workers. It is not essential, but it is a great resource to have.

Im linkedin

My mom told me businesses do use it, she worked for HP and was pretty high up on the ladder so I took her advice

Im linkedin

My mom told me businesses do use it, she worked for HP and was pretty high up on the ladder so I took her advice

if you are a young professional linked in is a must

also be aware of the things you post on facebook cause firms almost all the times will check that

if you are a young professional linked in is a must

also be aware of the things you post on facebook cause firms almost all the times will check that

Back
Top Bottom