Is being miser/cheap a bad thing?VOL. recession ftl

Is being miser/cheap a bad thing? I have at least 3 people tell me im miser and cheap when it comes to doing things for other people, including myself. I mean I am 20 y/o, with a small income of $2k a month. I got a car payment which is about 250, but paying 300. and pay insurance (150). But every time i look at my account, i feel it isnt enough. Anyone else feel this way?

Is being miser/cheap a bad thing? I have at least 3 people tell me im miser and cheap when it comes to doing things for other people, including myself. I mean I am 20 y/o, with a small income of $2k a month. I got a car payment which is about 250, but paying 300. and pay insurance (150). But every time i look at my account, i feel it isnt enough. Anyone else feel this way?

Your situation.. no.. # I ain't mad..

However when a individual have a lot of money and is cheap..
30t6p3b.gif

Your situation.. no.. # I ain't mad..

However when a individual have a lot of money and is cheap..
30t6p3b.gif

If you decide to work in corporate america, things will reverse. Almost everyone that works in corporate jobs are hella cheap. Cats making 6 figs getting their clothes from Goodwill, pushing 93 Accords, never going out to lunch, etc.

But they do spend money on travel and golf.

If you decide to work in corporate america, things will reverse. Almost everyone that works in corporate jobs are hella cheap. Cats making 6 figs getting their clothes from Goodwill, pushing 93 Accords, never going out to lunch, etc.

But they do spend money on travel and golf.

I envy you, and I'm only 17
30t6p3b.gif

I'll learn... hopefully.

Just a couple more Jordans I want... just a new phone soon.. just a couple new button ups... only one of those new sailing RL Polos...

Like I said; hopefully.

I envy you, and I'm only 17
30t6p3b.gif

I'll learn... hopefully.

Just a couple more Jordans I want... just a new phone soon.. just a couple new button ups... only one of those new sailing RL Polos...

Like I said; hopefully.

If you don't mind me asking.  What's your job OP? I'm your age and I'm making less than half of that, unless you go to school as well?

If you don't mind me asking.  What's your job OP? I'm your age and I'm making less than half of that, unless you go to school as well?

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

im a full time community college student, transferring next year. but im currently a teller. i work over 30 hours a week, they start you at $12.50, but im at $14.

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

im a full time community college student, transferring next year. but im currently a teller. i work over 30 hours a week, they start you at $12.50, but im at $14.

Don't let others influence you on spending your savings.

There is nothing wrong with saving. Notice I didn't say cheap/miser
wink.gif
You have to take care of yourself first before you can take care of others.

Don't let others influence you on spending your savings.

There is nothing wrong with saving. Notice I didn't say cheap/miser
wink.gif
You have to take care of yourself first before you can take care of others.

its only bad when you negatively affect others. dont be that guy who "forgot to bring cash" for drinks/cab rides/ etc. yet doesn't hesitate to accept free rounds, bottles, rides, etc.

i cut people out of my life very fast if they do this. to me that's a very dishonest and undesirable characteristic.

its only bad when you negatively affect others. dont be that guy who "forgot to bring cash" for drinks/cab rides/ etc. yet doesn't hesitate to accept free rounds, bottles, rides, etc.

i cut people out of my life very fast if they do this. to me that's a very dishonest and undesirable characteristic.

My dad retired before 30 because he was cheap and worked very hard. Do your thing if money is what's important to you.
I definitely am more about focusing on enjoying my life. I don't hesitate on dropping money on anything that's going to make me happy (I'm not talking 2000 dollar shoes, that's silly. I'm talking about travel or season tickets to my favorite sports team etc etc). Luckily I'm also very dedicated to my studies because I've found my passion. If I wasn't, I'd be in trouble
laugh.gif

My dad retired before 30 because he was cheap and worked very hard. Do your thing if money is what's important to you.
I definitely am more about focusing on enjoying my life. I don't hesitate on dropping money on anything that's going to make me happy (I'm not talking 2000 dollar shoes, that's silly. I'm talking about travel or season tickets to my favorite sports team etc etc). Luckily I'm also very dedicated to my studies because I've found my passion. If I wasn't, I'd be in trouble
laugh.gif

nuthin wrong wit it. im the cheapest dude u could ever meet, im always tryna catch deals on everything. u dont get rich by spendin up all yo money

nuthin wrong wit it. im the cheapest dude u could ever meet, im always tryna catch deals on everything. u dont get rich by spendin up all yo money

It depends on what I'm spending it on for me. If I feel that it's worth it, I'll spend money on it.

I need to start being cheap and stop going out to eat so much, though. I swear I go out to eat at least two or three times a week at a restaurant.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom