Is Cali the way it seems in music videos and what not?

In Cali people start rocking beanies and a scarf at 60 degrees. Weather is damn near perfect all year round in the Bay Area.

Just was out in LA last week. Love it. Moving out there from South Fla in June. San Diego & LA >>>> *

aside from SF, NorCal is whack, I swear SF was once part of SoCal but the way tectonic plates and earthquakes work, it got stuck up there.

People say Cali is more expensive than everywhere else but i dont think its true necessarily. The only thing more expensive is rent/mortgage. Cloths, cars, and food are the same. In fact when I moved to NorCal i found that the produce was cheaper here than it was everywhere else. I have lived in SoCal (born), Massachusetts (college), NYC (after college), DC (after NY), and New Mexico (after DC). People just want to live like Rockstars and the truth is you cant do that here. You cant have marble counter tops, luxury vehicle, a pool and an acre of land in CA unless you a millionaire. Just rent or buy a modest place and go about your business. In DC and NY people took the train and saved money where as in CA guys want to be stuntin with lexus, audis, and beemers and then they complain they gotta pay rent, insurance and taxes. I drive a honda and rent a modest place. Keepin up with the Joneses isnt my thing.

Last edited:
aside from SF, NorCal is whack, I swear SF was once part of SoCal but the way tectonic plates and earthquakes work, it got stuck up there.

Nah bro Im from SoCal and gotta give Palo Alto, Monterrey, Half Moon Bay, Tahoe and San Jose some credit. They are cleaner than LA. Every city has its unique qualities.

First day in almost a month it's been above freezing.

**** the midwest man, im tried of this ****.

Looking for a new place to call home when I graduate and LA is top 3.

Just last week if I pissed outside it woulda probably froze before it hit the ground. That cold. Naw

Last edited:
I would say that it is slightly more expensive, but not so much that it's undoable if you have a decent job.

I've settled on Culver City and North Hollywood as the areas as where I'm trying to find a place at, the rent isn't mindboggling. I will say that some of the grocery items are quite more expensive then here in South FL. Maybe it was just the Target we went to. Which is odd because that's where a lot of the produce comes from. Overall cost of living is higher in LA from what I've seen and asked my boy who moved out there last summer, but he's making about what he was here and he's doing great. Just boosted my confidence even more, no reason to waste my life away here. Gotta live sometime.

Last edited:
California
nthat.gif

-Food

-Culture

-Weather

-Wiminz

-Greenery

-Sunny Beaches

-Redwood Forests and National Parks

-Lake Tahoe

-Napa Valley

-Monterrey

-San Luis Obispo

-NorCal

-SF Livin'

-LA/SD/OC

-Laguna/Huntington Beach

-Disneyland

-Chill Vibe

No other state is ******* with California that's a Fact

*Just make sure yall dudes making that major BREAD 'fore you come round here

Last edited:
That's funny because nyc people have a real word bravado about them...

Peter Rosenberg from hot 97 said he couldn't believe the attitude... especially the white boys (no disrespect intended)...lol

The ole' "...I'm the man, son!!" thing is real..!!!

Imagine running into 1000 of theses dudes everyday...

From legal work to swipers, thats the attitude

I'm down with one season, and that would be summer. Y'all could keep the rest. Winter is boring as hell, no action anywhere. From work to going home or indoor activities is not the type of life I want. I won't hesitate to move somewhere nice with warm weather if I can get the same job I have here in ny

Stayed in SD for a month. The weather,women and beaches are dope.

Only negative was I almost got jumped on a trolley for wearing a red family reunion shirt [emoji]128529[/emoji]

I have never ever heard of anyone moving to Cali (in this case, SoCal, because that is where I am) and wanting to leave under their own free will. It was always another obligation out of their immediate control.

I mean, the women and weather out here are on heaven-mode. It's not even fair.

Back
Top Bottom