is food really killing us? vol. vegan

Listen man, if nature wanted you to be vegan, you wouldn't have the teeth you have

And you haven't had real chicken, beef etc until you've been to a third world country :smokin

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a correlation between people that eat pork and likelihood of getting cancer and other illnesses. Pigs are filthy animals that harbor pathogens in their body that get transmitted when eaten

spacedoodoo

Seafood can be unhealthy also......serious. Diff fish etc
It all depends on where you get it from and how you cook it. I'll enjoy steamed crab and crab legs. Can't go wrong with fried fish either. But those are usually treats. Salmon is the go-to, scallops, tilapia, etc. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a correlation between people that eat pork and likelihood of getting cancer and other illnesses. Pigs are filthy animals that harbor pathogens in their body that get transmitted when eaten
exactly, and you don't know what these farmers are feeing them or injecting them with to grow quicker. A pig will literally eat anything you give it. They roll around in their **** all day and they're lazy lol. Part of reasons why I don't eat pork is for spiritual reasons but there's also healthier meats you can consume other than swine.

It all depends on where you get it from and how you cook it. I'll enjoy steamed crab and crab legs. Can't go wrong with fried fish either. But those are usually treats. Salmon is the go-to, scallops, tilapia, etc. 

I love salmon myself and I dunno how close you follow food industry but salmon you can easily Google and see people say "don't eat salmon"

All day. With reason to why.

Last edited:

I went vegan for a few months, felt sick as a dog for most of it. Anyone planning on doing this, make sure you load up on vitamins. 
laugh.gif
vegans are delusional and think they are elite im sorry

i got into a debate with one before
vegans annoy me

i actually went to a natrual foods expo this year and talked to many of them

i wasnt rude, but trust they are delusional and lacking vitamins. i played along
Who hurt you?  

You claim vegans are elitist, but it's clear you feel some sense of superiority over them.

I've been a strict vegan for over seven years now.  Trust that I'm not "lacking vitamins."  Most athletes take some form of dietary supplements, so it's silly to condemn vegan diets on that basis, and if you don't know what you're doing on any diet you're likely to suffer health problems as a result.  There are plenty of vegan athletes and bodybuilders these days.  A healthy vegan is hardly a unicorn, and unhealthy omnivores abound.  

You wouldn't judge a world class athlete's diet on the basis of what Chris Christie eats, just because both diets are "omnivorous," so it makes no sense to judge all plant based diets on the basis of some negative stereotype about anemic hippies living on hummus and processed faux-meat - or a few salespeople trying to push a product on you.  

I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with few vegans at a food expo, but that's not representative.  I know that you care about fitness and training, and that's something we both share in common.  Would it be fair for someone to judge either of us on the basis of what they see from whey guzzling misogynist frat boys on bodybuilding forums?  

There are, certainly, some people out there who believe that the best vegan diet is healthier than the best omnivorous diet and vice versa, but it's clearly possible for individuals to design healthy diets that are omnivorous OR vegan.  In my experience, what helps set vegan diets apart is that they also take into account the health of others.  Look at antibiotic use in livestock, for example.  Even if you don't give a damn about non-human animals, there are clear human health risks associated with factory farming that can carry consequences even for those who don't directly support that industry or consume its products.  

That said, it's entirely possible for someone to buy something "vegan" that is produced in irresponsible ways.  Palm oil is a plant-based product.  It's not puppy blood.  Its production, however, is a leading cause of deforestation in Indonesia and Malaysia.  

Not all diets are created equal.  That's true regardless of protein source.  

Personally, I try to make informed, ethical purchasing decisions and I consider it very important to eat in a way that best supports my health and athletic performance.  "Going vegan" was not, for me, the end of that rainbow.  I wouldn't feel "superior" in eating a bunch of highly processed soy products just because they're vegan.  I'm always trying to make the best choices I can and make the best-informed choices I can, and I've never stopped trying to improve my diet or purchasing decisions.   Veganism was less a destination than a direction in that regard.

If you want to malign elitists, fine, but let's first recognize that not all elists are vegan and not all vegans are elitist.  

Lmao my first wall of text from the man himself. Do I get a warning? :nerd:

Didn't read it yet besides first sentence I'll have to get into it tomorrow.

I shoulda wrote from "my personal" experience an if anyone feels superior it's them. No clue wth your talking about yet so I'll finish tomorrow during normal hours. So far safe to say youre vegan I would assume.

Last edited:
I've been vegan for a year and a half before that was vegetarian for 2 years.
Just because you are vegan or vegetarian does not mean you are eating healthy, there are still junk food for both. I stay away from processed sugar and salt, mostly eat fruits n veggies.

Also we all gonna die one day, just try and find some happiness and love whilst we're here. Working as a palliative care nurse I hear plenty patients express their regrets and it just makes me say fck it just try and be happy

Last edited:
I will say, the only reason I went vegan in the first place was because of ethical issues surrounding the raising and slaughtering of animals......but I've convinced myself plants feel pain as well. :\  

If it makes Meth feel any better in against wearing Fur. Lol anyways I'll get back to reply tomorrow.

Meth is a Vegan?....that was probably the most personal post we would ever get from Meth....tell us more bro, long walks on the beach?....favorite animal?...

Yeah bottom line you just have to be well informed and balanced, vegan can be both healthy and unhealthy, just like going Paleo which is practically the polar opposite of being a vegan, cross fitters swear by it and these are some of the fittest athletes on the planet, these dudes are built like machines....but I'm sure if you are misinformed and go Paleo you will end up causing your body harm as well...lol

Haha. If you're in NY try out this spot called red bamboo. The first time I really enjoyed vegan food. It was honestly really good, that I didn't even know it was vegan.

The first time I went a vegan place I had a really bad experience. She was already a vegetarian but I was so confused cause we ordered buffalo wings and I ordered lamb. She claims she's a vegetarian but she stills eat chicken just doesn't eat red meat. It looked really real, like real chicken or lamb but once I took that bite i thought I was biting into rubber. Face of disgust like what is this. I really thought they were playing a joke. I was so upset, and it's a small restraunt like you can tell by my face that I was going to eat that. I felt like I was lied too.

There is another, much healthier option. And it's only improving.

Cliffs:
Plant -> Animal eats it -> We eat the animal getting the nutrients.
Plant -> we eat it in meat form but skip the animal. Straight nutrients.

Beyond meat (dunno how to embed on mobile)

Last edited:
There is another, much healthier option. And it's only improving.

Cliffs:
Plant -> Animal eats it -> We eat the animal getting the nutrients.
Plant -> we eat it in meat form but skip the animal. Straight nutrients.

Beyond meat (dunno how to embed on mobile)

Let's also not overlook the difference between quality in meat that exists from wild to caged up and corn-fed. It's really night and day.

And i never understood the machismo associated with eating packaged cancer-patties from a supermarket. You didn't even shoot this docile cow b.

Last edited:
View media item 1831739

I assume meth knows every guy in this pic

An I wasn't talking about you, I know nothing of you but NT mod and you took offense ok, fair enough bad wording on my part, fine. We all have our opinions I know vegans, body builders and public health majors so food, different diets, supplements and holistic lifestyle has always been an interest if mine. Not literally every single vegan I met has had this attitude but seems many do and you can't tell them other wise. I have no issues listening to people's opinions but at least come with something to back yourself up.

I met plenty this year alone when I volunteered for green festival at Jacob Javits in NYC.

Is his Meth??

Nvm who cares the best pet is the YouTube comments!

Btw body builders are some of the unhealthiest people I know and MANY have a superior attitude. Whatever didn't mean to rustle jimmies.

Last edited:
Vegans, crossfit folks, gluten free folks, Prius drivers, Whole Foods shoppers, hipsters and SJWs all have a similar stereotype associated with them. A lot of them give off the impression, or blatantly say that they live superior lifestyles. They live on top of a proverbial high horse. I think this is what al audi al audi was eluding to. Now of course it's just a stereotype, and doesn't describe all vegans, but most of us in here that know vegans in real life know how annoying they can be with the slick comments and elitist attitude they can bring to the table.

Please don't ban me Meth :frown:

Back
Top Bottom