Is Getting A Shapeup an "Unproffesional" Look?

Lol at being out here dusty because of some fake old wives tale. Genetics determines baldness, point blank. Not hats, shapeups whatever else.
:lol: @ dusty regardless of what causes baldness I don't do shape ups. Luckily I was blessed and have an almost perfect hairline. Some of y'all undusty dudes front be so jagged you don't really have a choice.

Getting a line up in the front for years since you where a kid will more or less push your line back permanently over time, compared to someone who rarely gets the front lined up for a long period of time. Genetics play a role. But I’ve seen it happen to too many people that I know when it comes to getting edge ups.

Their line up in the front gets pushed back to many times, then the older they get, the longer it takes for their line up to grow up. It does grow back, just not as fast as when your younger. I know a cat that’s 34 years old. He never had a problem with his line up. Went to a different barber, and decided to let him edge him up (he usually edges his own line up). Barber pushed it back, took him months for his line up to finally come back, now he’s back to his old routine.

I’ll let barber edge up the sides/back/beard, but the front is a no no if it’s not me doing it myself. I’m getting older, so the hair preservation is a must at all cost for me. Had a barber tell me to learn to edge myself up if I ever wanted a line up the front when I was a kid. He told me it plays a role in if your recedes the older you get. Some people chance it for years, I’m not one of them, I rather play it safe.

I can agree with that. Until the kids in your child's class are able to verbally assault his shapeup, there is no need to have him wasting shapeups

Yea it grew back, but it took him a long time for his hair to grow back in the front. I think it was age and genetics that played in the slow growth of his line up that grew back. Some people’s hair don’t grow as fast as others the other older they get. That’s why if your older with a head full of hair, don’t chance it by getting deep edge ups or cutting off a lot of hair. It’ll grow back if you can still grow hair, it’s just not going to be as fast compared to when you where younger.

Don’t get me wrong, theirs probably people 40+ that can grow braids/dreads in 1-2 years, but there’s people that probably can’t because of their genetics the older they get. I personally think it’s a combination of them hot clippers pushing the long be back while they’re hair takes a decline in how fast it grows due to their older age.

Getting a line up in the front for years since you where a kid will more or less push your line back permanently over time, compared to someone who rarely gets the front lined up for a long period of time. Genetics play a role. But I’ve seen it happen to too many people that I know when it comes to getting edge ups.

Their line up in the front gets pushed back to many times, then the older they get, the longer it takes for their line up to grow up. It does grow back, just not as fast as when your younger. I know a cat that’s 34 years old. He never had a problem with his line up. Went to a different barber, and decided to let him edge him up (he usually edges his own line up). Barber pushed it back, took him months for his line up to finally come back, now he’s back to his old routine.

I’ll let barber edge up the sides/back/beard, but the front is a no no if it’s not me doing it myself. I’m getting older, so the hair preservation is a must at all cost for me. Had a barber tell me to learn to edge myself up if I ever wanted a line up the front when I was a kid. He told me it plays a role in if your recedes the older you get. Some people chance it for years, I’m not one of them, I rather play it safe.
. Then the problem isn’t getting lined up. It’s the barbers pushing the hairline back when you’re not supposed to. People should tell their barbers to stop doing that. Nas doesn’t let barbers disrespect his hairline.

:lol: @ dusty regardless of what causes baldness I don't do shape ups. Luckily I was blessed and have an almost perfect hairline. Some of y'all undusty dudes front be so jagged you don't really have a choice.
Pics or you dusty like the rest.

Thing too though if you're not getting pushed backed, and lining up does make you lose hair in the places cut, wouldn't that leave you with a fire line that you never have to cut again?

Funny thing the older i get the more i am appreciating the scruffy look over the crispy lineup.

In my teens i felt that having that shapeup every week or so was a must. Now not so much.

How much do people like Obama and Morgan Freeman pay for cuts? They basically get nothing done.
When did crisp lines come into style anyway? I'm guessing mid 90s.

dmS1Tur.gif

So if this kid got the cartridge, Zack got the console treatment.

nintendo-64.jpg

Haha a lot of shows with the black male character having no shape up no line up nothing smh and the black females characters sometimes have the no shape up fade too :smh: IM SICK OF IT!!..

I bet line ups are a pain in the *** when it comes to continuity. You damn near have to pay your personal barber to shoot the movie with you.

I certainly think that lines can be overly-shaped up. Sprayed on, pushed back, etc. It is also a lot easier to maintain a less sharp hairline because you don't have to go to the barber weekly.

And overly-shaped up beards look worse than a more natural look imo.

I have heard this type convo in the work place before, but in my case it came from workers who felt intimidated by black men. Especially black men that were the object of lust from female co workers.

Back
Top Bottom