Is it just me or Chris Paul plays cheap?

Everytime i see this guy play he always initiates the contact or purposely bumps into him when hes dribbling and the ref calls foul on the other player...

Yeah i know its smart for Chris Paul to do this, but it sometimes pisses me off

sooo.... is it just me?
smh.gif

Just you.

Dude is 9 kinds of good.

As far as your issue is concerned, the only ways an NBA player can play physical and cheat is to be known for flopping (Manu, Vlade, Fisher) or just play dirty(Bowen, Manu). Paul is nowhere close to either of those; he doesn't flop, and he doesn't play dirty, so I've got no problem with how physical heplays.

I guess it's an advantage of his height. but that fails sometimes during clutch time and they just force a weird shot

for example right now, armstrong set pick for cp3, and dwight was guarding armstrong at that time, and howard hedges out like how he was suppose to , and whilecp3 dribbles right he just bumps into him and d12 gets called for foul
smh.gif
, and d12 face is like what can i do? if he keep bumping into me

Originally Posted by freshKRN

for example right now, armstrong set pick for cp3, and dwight was guarding armstrong at that time, and howard hedges out like how he was suppose to , and while cp3 dribbles right he just bumps into him and d12 gets called for foul
smh.gif
, and d12 face is like what can i do? if he keep bumping into me
blame the nba softness. i dont like it either.

CP3 is an amazing talent, but dude is a flopper.

he's perfected initiating the contact and falling on the floor like the best of them.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Just you.

Dude is 9 kinds of good.

As far as your issue is concerned, the only ways an NBA player can play physical and cheat is to be known for flopping (Manu, Vlade, Fisher) or just play dirty (Bowen, Manu). Paul is nowhere close to either of those; he doesn't flop, and he doesn't play dirty, so I've got no problem with how physical he plays.

alien.gif

Just you.

Dude is 9 kinds of good.

As far as your issue is concerned, the only ways an NBA player can play physical and cheat is to be known for flopping (Manu, Vlade, Fisher) or just play dirty (Bowen, Manu). Paul is nowhere close to either of those; he doesn't flop, and he doesn't play dirty, so I've got no problem with how physical he plays.

Everyone in the league has little tricks. One thing I always see CP do is cut right in front of someone and then stop short to try to get the guy to run intothe back of him. Especially when he's being pressured in the backcourt. Just one of those things that's kinda annoying.

Just you.

Dude is 9 kinds of good.

Yea those petty body contact fouls where he just grazes the defender are annoying. But that's the state of the NBA.

Originally Posted by JD617

Everyone in the league has little tricks. One thing I always see CP do is cut right in front of someone and then stop short to try to get the guy to run into the back of him. Especially when he's being pressured in the backcourt. Just one of those things that's kinda annoying.
Sam Cassell is the best at this.

#1. No Artest fans should say anything about another player playing dirty. I'm a HUGE Artest fan, but c'mon, you can't have Artest as your avy andthen ay something like 'Chris Paul punched a guy in the nuts once in '05.'

#2. Y'all are funny with your 'example of Chris Paul flopping' clips. When I said 'he doesn't flop', I didn't mean 'He never,ever, EVER flops. Not ever.' C'mon, man.
laugh.gif

#3. KLJ, I've always hated the rebuttal 'Tell me you wouldn't want him on your team.'
laugh.gif
I can't stand Manu's flopping, Pierce'sacting, Bowen's crackhead-gangster defense... but I'd love to have Pierce on the Lakers, and wouldn't mind having Manu (I would absolutely NOT wantBowen on the Lakers).

#1. No Artest fans should say anything about another player playing dirty. I'm a HUGE Artest fan, but c'mon, you can't have Artest as your avy and then ay something like 'Chris Paul punched a guy in the nuts once in '05.'

So, because I have a Ron Artest avy I can't comment on someone who YOU said isn't dirty, hitting people in the balls? Ok....I'm just calling aspade, a spade. Don't pretend like Paul is some choirboy that doesn't do %%%+. Good rebuttal, Ska.

That being said, it doesn't take away from him being the best PG in the NBA bar none.....and you would be insane to not want him on your favorite team.

Yes, he flops A LOT! Like someone above said, he's more well liked than the Raja's, Bowen's, Harris's, and other guys who do it so it goespretty overlooked. And that come off a screen dribble right into the leg of the hedging big man move is *****made. I hate that refs always fall for that.

Back
Top Bottom