Is it possible that an outside force can control our bodies?

A few months ago, I was at a basketball tryout and without my mind telling my body to do so, I drive left hand down the center of the paint and euro step the big man left side with left hand fingeroll fading away.  Then when I hit the wall mat after the shot, I think to myself, what just happened?  All that happened subconciously

I have never practiced that shot in my life.  I was definately playing in those tryouts with all I had and had a sense of urgency to make the team. 

When you are competing and put a lot of effort into something, you can do things you normally would not, don't think it is some mysterious force

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

A few months ago, I was at a basketball tryout and without my mind telling my body to do so, I drive left hand down the center of the paint and euro step the big man left side with left hand fingeroll fading away.  Then when I hit the wall mat after the shot, I think to myself, what just happened?  All that happened subconciously

I have never practiced that shot in my life.  I was definately playing in those tryouts with all I had and had a sense of urgency to make the team. 

Tryna figure out how you hit the wall if you shot a fadeaway finger roll. Unless you're talking about a wall on the sidelines.

Sometimes when I look into a mirror and let go of all thought and stare into my own eyes, it feels like the "me" on the otherside is in some alternate dimension and is staring at me. Am I crazy?

laugh.gif
 at this thread about to be derailed over his fadeaway finger role

ok excuse my english, bad wording on my part. Basically I was off balance and falling toward the baseline wall mat. I let if flip off my fingers and it somehow banked in.

kevin durant did a fadeaway dunk so maybe the fadeaway finger roll is possible.

is OP the next durant? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

The hell is a fadeaway finger roll?
LOL I wish you would try a Eurostep fadeaway-fingeroll combo on me. I'd hit you with a flagrant 1 early.
But seriously, when it comes to sports I think it's another story. I too play ball and have had those experiences. I had one in my last game. My theory - In extreme moments of distress the mind can tap in to your memory and replicate something you've done, or seen and command the body in such manner. 

yea

Originally Posted by odog24

kevin durant did a fadeaway dunk so maybe the fadeaway finger roll is possible.

is OP the next durant?�
nerd.gif
That's not even a fadeaway though. He still jumped towards the rim even though his midsection was avoiding contact. I wouldn't say you were being controlled by anything. As I am picturing it - from the eurostep to the fadeaway finger roll, it just looks sounds a sloppy play that somehow went in your favor. I've had those, a play where I totally lose control and it somehow looked like I did something spectacular.

Do I think that it's possible or one day will be possible? Yes. Do I think this is what happened to you at your little insignificant tryout basketball game? No

I can't wait until I get to the "other side" so I can force people to do fadeaway finger rolls. But forreal, I can't wait until I get to the other side to *@&! with people and events. Spiritual Troll
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom