Is it possible to make a living working at the sneaker store??????

Im asking because I just didnt want to walk in a store and ask the manager how much he makes.I would love to do it because of my passion for shoes but I dontknow the pay scale.I usually only see kids working in the shoe stores unless its managment.Is there any shoe store managers thats on niketalk making a descentliving from this?????

Dude. like any retail job. it's not all cracked out to be. You have so much stress in your life, you put in mad amount of hours, have to deal with crappycustomers all day. All that just for 20 - 30k a year? na fam, stay in school.

yes i worked at michael k in soho and the managers work 12 hrs a day, with 2 days off. they've been there for years and never had the time to finishschool. it's a shame. major in business...who knows..maybe you can own a store one day if you're that passionate.

That depends on your life style and how you manage your money. It's def possible to make aliving by working at a retail store, but you have to manage your money wisely.

laugh.gif
if your passion for shoes is really that high why not go for somethingbetter than shoe store

how old are you? working in a shoe store is sooooo overrated...it looks nice from the outside but at the end of the day its still a job...

My wife makes good money and I am an HVAC tech right now and getting a little tired of it right now.I could stiil do side jobs.

Originally Posted by FL0ETiCNOSTALGiA

yes i worked at michael k in soho and the managers work 12 hrs a day, with 2 days off. they've been there for years and never had the time to finish school. it's a shame. major in business...who knows..maybe you can own a store one day if you're that passionate.

QFT

IF you own your own I guess, why settle for less, go big or go home.........lol jk Branch or Dist. Mngr make $

Stay away from retail as much as possible. I did it for 5 years and it sucked, mainly at an auto parts store. The only people making decent money there aremanagers. But the stress that comes with it is not worth it, you have to deal with ignorant/rude customers all day. But I heard places like Home Depot payeveryone relatively well. I prefer my office job cause I get to sit down all day in front of a computer and I'm in and out of NikeTalk all day whilegetting paid
laugh.gif

i advice you not too, but i do want to work at a shoe store in the city, just to meet people and get payed for just standing and selling shoes, just for a yearor two though

iv'e heard $40,000 for assistant manager at FinishLine as a fresh college grad........of course those hours are rediculous, and I'd never do it.I've had enough retail....but I imagine college educated could get you a fair paycheck plus moving up to your own FL....but I'd see that more of a jobjust to have while your trying to get hired into a career job from your college degree.......so definitely stay in schhooll.

Originally Posted by Finn

Stay away from retail as much as possible. I did it for 5 years and it sucked, mainly at an auto parts store. The only people making decent money there are managers. But the stress that comes with it is not worth it, you have to deal with ignorant/rude customers all day. But I heard places like Home Depot pay everyone relatively well. I prefer my office job cause I get to sit down all day in front of a computer and I'm in and out of NikeTalk all day while getting paid
laugh.gif

I would love that kind of job. What do you do?

yea you can start out as manager and work your way to become general manager they make $100,000 plus a year so it depends

I got an opportunity to go in and start training to become a manager within 6 months.Thats why I'm asking.And for those telling me to go to school,I havebeen already.I make pretty good money in the HVAC feild but dont enjoy it like I should.I know I'm alot older than alot of you guys answering.Just waswondering about few options.

Back
Top Bottom