Is it really that hard making it in NY?

dagrandesoda

Banned
I'm planning on moving there in the fall to further my song writing career. My question for yall is it that hard to make it? I don't eat much so food expense shouldnt be hard. However, living situation might be a hassle(don't wanna sleep in a shelter)

Also, I'm trying to be more social as music business and life in general relates to who you know.

I want to move out to NY myself but YOOOO the prices in that city are crazy. Rent for some crappy apartment is the same for some luxury apartments around my way.

Just get an apartment in Brooklyn, Queens, or the Bronx, it's not that expensive there compared to Manhattan.

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

I want to move out to NY myself but YOOOO the prices in that city are crazy. Rent for some crappy apartment is the same for some luxury apartments around my way.

I know, but I figured I could find a chick to crash with or sleep in my car

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

Just get an apartment in Brooklyn, Queens, or the Bronx, it's not that expensive there compared to Manhattan.

As long as I'm not in a ghetto. I'll live anywhere. And no roaches

Originally Posted by Dagrandesoda

Having a car will be more of a liability than an asset

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

I don't intend of driving around in NY, however, I will keep my car as I still have to pay my car note.

pimp.gif
@ your avy. Took me back for a sec.

I don't intend of driving around in NY, however, I will keep my car as I still have to pay my car note.

where you gonna park it?

where you gonna park it?

my apartment.... I know it wont be possible to live in soho as I want to so I'll prob have to stay in one of the above mentioned places. Got fam in Queens with cars.

I'm planning on moving there in the fall to further my song writing career. My question for yall is it that hard to make it? I don't eat much so food expense shouldnt be hard. However, living situation might be a hassle(don't wanna sleep in a shelter)

Also, I'm trying to be more social as music business and life in general relates to who you know.
You have no idea what you're getting yourself into.
Don't come here.

after watching how to make it in america it made me interested in ny but i would move there after i stacked enough chedda naw meeenn

Do it only if you're willing to live with the consequences.

You can't write songs and build up your network where you are right now and THEN move to NYC?

Living out a dream and pursuing your passion is one thing, but you can't go about it haphazardly. You have to still be able to live at the end of the day.

Yes because you have to realize that there are also alot of other people trying to do what you are doing as well as competing on a global scale in music. NY is full of dreamers. If you know someone and can set up anything go for it. Otherwise just have a good plan.

how about so HW and look up da real estate of APTs in NYC....if you didn't already know we're experiencing RECORD high rental rates....yea sounds like you sippin too much of that

dream juice when you need some reality coffee....
laugh.gif
@ you thinking of soho as ur first choice to live in NYC....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

how about so HW and look up da real estate of APTs in NYC....if you didn't already know we're experiencing RECORD high rental rates....yea sounds like you sippin too much of that

dream juice when you need some reality coffee....
laugh.gif
@ you thinking of soho as ur first choice to live in NYC....
I could easily move to The heights and live in a 2x4 room like yours.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Yes because you have to realize that there are also alot of other people trying to do what you are doing as well as competing on a global scale in music. NY is full of dreamers. If you know someone and can set up anything go for it. Otherwise just have a good plan.

Yeah man, i'm setting up the plan. From advice from professionals, they they said I should look to moving to ATL instead. Song writer palace.

Back
Top Bottom