Is it rude to listen to your iPod in the supermarket?

I brought my iPod into Whole Foods today so I could listen to some grooves while I shopped (I don't really care for that Yanni stuff they play) and this George Hamilton looking dude in khaki shorts and running shoes taps me onthe shoulder and signals for me to take out my earbuds. So I take one out and I'm like, "Waddup, chief?" and he's all, "You know that's very rude what you're doing..." I looked at the heirloom tomato I was holding and then back at him confused and he says, "I can clearly hear your music."
I told him I would get on that and he walked away. But then I had to ask myself if there was actually anything wrong with listening to my jams in thesupermarket. I have to say, this man was slick. Probably been getting his way since the pilgrims.

I always listen to my iPod when I do grocery shopping and what not. I could care less, but then again I have in-ear headphones so it's not loud.

If its excessively loud where people can hear it... then yes, it can be rude.

I wouldn't go out of my way to tell somebody that they're being rude though. It's not that serious.

Damn why do you always have a story of you in Whole Foods?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Nice description of the tomato thrown in there too

nah its not rude, i work at an albertsons and i see people doin it all the time. Listening to it loud, however, may be rude so its probably best to keep thevolume reasonable

Na, dudes got problems. You hear a screaming kid with its mother and she's not shutting it up. You don't go tell her how rude it is...

You just throw her the maddest dirty looks
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

If its excessively loud where people can hear it... then yes, it can be rude.

I wouldn't go out of my way to tell somebody that they're being rude though. It's not that serious.
also, rephase the question, "having the volume on your ipod high enough where others can hear it rude? " would be the more appropriatequestion...

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

nope just as your not blasting it to where others can hear it (no ++%*)

please explain to me why you felt the need to add "(no ++%*)" to this statement...

its rude anywhere when other people can hear your music that you have playing in your ear...

it would be rude if you were listening to it at the register also...

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

nope just as your not blasting it to where others can hear it (no ++%*)
+1. I see people with MP3 player everywhere...bookstore, grocery, mall, etc. I don't see how that's rude at all.

laugh.gif
I would have laughed and kept it moving.
If I dont have my mp3 on then best believe Im beatboxing....
hearing is a part of life sir.
grin.gif

it can be pretty annoying to hear someone else's ipod but if you're not in school or somewhere where people need to be particularly focused youshouldn't be too worried. you shoulda ignored dude and kept on keepin on.

with some of the things that happen to NTer's you guys gotta be 5'5" and 125 or something...things that happen to yall i cant see happening to me.i was on an airplane and i was ask by the flight attendent to turn it down but a grocery store? pretty odd.

I said, "what time you get off?"
She said, "when you get me off"
I kinda laughed but it turned into a cough
Because I swallowed down the wrong pipe
Whatever that mean, you know old people say it so it sounds right
So I'm standing there embarrassed, if we were both in pairs
I would have grabbed her by the waist and kissed her, but
We in the middle of whole foods, and those foods
Ain't supposed to beef, but you'd think I hate tofu
Check-in line got rowdy, my vision got cloudy
I started seeing some circles like some Audi
Emblem, I'm hearing them say, come on man