is it still safe to buy a pair of black af1 '07 mids/lows?

i went to two stores today trying to find a pair of blacked out af1 mids and in both stores the shoe's midsoles looked pretty dried and a bit off-black.the shoes in both stores were ds or vnds at least but damn was i disappointed. so i ask you people, those who have more experience than i do, is it safe to buya pair of black af1 '07 mids/lows at online shoe stores like pys or sneakerhead? or would they look the same as they did in the stores i went to?
btw, i went to those mom n pop stores in chinatown, nyc. and the af1s i'm talking about are the 2007 25th annivesary models.

should be fine, I have pairs from 07 i undsed early this year, and they were mids.

I got a few others from that year too, including some premiums and such which were all lows that I undsed during the summer

I never heard any problems about dried soles on AFs in my life....

laugh.gif
07 Af1's Safe to wear? Sorry for the laughter but come on they are from 2007, not 1997 and I have seen maybe one or two pairs of AF1's thatweren't wearable but they were from the early 80's

Should be safe, just be careful when comparing a shoe to a display shoe. Displays usually fade. Even Elephant print fades over time from light.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

laugh.gif
07 Af1's Safe to wear? Sorry for the laughter but come on they are from 2007, not 1997 and I have seen maybe one or two pairs of AF1's that weren't wearable but they were from the early 80's

lol you're telling me, i took the pair of af1s out of the box and as soon as i inspected the midsoles i went from
glasses.gif
to
indifferent.gif
and it was for both pairs! the midsoles felt a little dry as did theleather. also, they seemed a bit discolored. i called the worker over and asked him what was up with this particular pair. all he said was that they weresitting on the shelves for a long time. keep in mind that these weren't display shoes either.

I've started to clean some of my black midsoles with windex or just water to avoid them joints turning gray. SMH @ Nike for that. It's made me lessthan anxious about copping any black 1's.

yea they fine to wear. if you see people rockn og jordan 1s then im sure some recent af1s are fine, I still rock my royal blue/white mids from a couple yearsback

For white/white and blk/blk AF1's, I personally try to track down the supreme models that dropped in '07. Shouldbe able to cop for about $100 and the leather is actually leather as opposed to the faux plasticy stuff on the GRs.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

laugh.gif
07 Af1's Safe to wear? Sorry for the laughter but come on they are from 2007, not 1997 and I have seen maybe one or two pairs of AF1's that weren't wearable but they were from the early 80's

lol you're telling me, i took the pair of af1s out of the box and as soon as i inspected the midsoles i went from
glasses.gif
to
indifferent.gif
and it was for both pairs! the midsoles felt a little dry as did the leather. also, they seemed a bit discolored. i called the worker over and asked him what was up with this particular pair. all he said was that they were sitting on the shelves for a long time. keep in mind that these weren't display shoes either.

The leather can sometimes dry out if it was in direct sunlight for a while by anychance was this spot in flatbush, if it was i know the spot and i know whichones your talking about

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

laugh.gif

glasses.gif
to
indifferent.gif
and it was for both pairs! the midsoles felt a little dry as did the leather. also, they seemed a bit discolored. i called the worker over and asked him what was up with this particular pair. all he said was that they were sitting on the shelves for a long time. keep in mind that these weren't display shoes either.

The leather can sometimes dry out if it was in direct sunlight for a while by anychance was this spot in flatbush, if it was i know the spot and i know which ones your talking about

nah the one i went to is on canal called luxury.

Back
Top Bottom