Is it too late for Saigon?

I remember a couple years ago dude had built up a pretty big buzz and put out a few nice mixtapes. I had my iPod on shuffle today and "Saigon Meets JustBlaze" came on and I forgot how dope that joint was so that got me thinking about this...since we've barely heard anything from him since aside fromthe beef with Buddens, does anyone think he has it in him to come back and actually drop the album?

Lyrically hes so dope....songs are on-point but i think he missed his generation or time as some would say.....
He's gonna fall into the box with underrated rappers like Ali Vegas....
smh.gif

He'll continue to drop but as far as success minimal...

while he did have a bigger buzz a few years ago i Think he will show people what he can do in 09....All in a Days Work the album with statik selektah isdroppin in a week and is gonna be fire....The Rules is
pimp.gif
real hip hop.. Hes also releasing Warning Shots 2 with Amalgam Digital, so hopefully GSNT willfinally realease too but who knows....

i still think Saigiddy is top 5 is not 3 in the game right now...since Clipse let me down AGAIN with their RD for a single ima just look forward to All in aDays work in a week and hopefully that Slim Thugga too

If it's too late for Papoose?... I feel the same goes for Saigon.
As both MC's missed wide opportunities to shine.

Originally Posted by The Fresh King

Saigon makes real music from the heart and nobody wants to hear that in 09

I think the beef with Joey kinda did both of them in.

No one wanted to hear those two going at it, spitting like they're goddamn industry heavyweights... I used to ride for both of those dudes, now I'mjust tired of them.

Originally Posted by Remi23

The Fresh King wrote:

Saigon makes real music from the heart and nobody wants to hear that in 09

I Know and its a damn shame...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

people who were checking for Saigon think he corny now

Yup.

He sparked my interest with his 2nd diss to Budden though. I ain't really think he had it in 'em!
I First Saw Saigon on Smack DVD stompin on mobb deep bootlegs...
He had the Tough Guy Appeal.....
then he turns around and is all righteous..... OK he still had good music......
disappeared for a while.
Dropped that video with his Mercedes and what not ... cool
Then wants to get all tough with Joe budden. W/e
Then begins Flexing and talking about fighting people and whatnot
tired.gif

This dudes life is just too schitzo for me.....
I was a fan.... I don't care for anything he put out after the flexing vids
He became Corny
Havent listened to any of the disses or anything...Sai is Lame

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I think a majority of people who were checking for Saigon think he corny now, least I do.

im still checkin for him and I dunno why people have stopped besides the beef and the vid of him flossin he still makes some of the best music in the gameIMO... and its not like he hasnt been dropping some stuff here and there... After Pain in my life dropped and then GSNT got pushed back he put out The Moralof the Story tape which was
pimp.gif
front to back

Gotta Believe It
pimp.gif
he spits some of the realest $+*# on those verses...and hes been droppin some tracks here n there so hes been puutin out some good $+*#.... im tellin you WAIT til next tues when All in a Days Work drops

Back
Top Bottom