Is it wrong to ask for a receipt for an Xmas gift ?(iPod)

I know that I'm going to be a receiving a 8 gb iPod Touch for Christmas tomorrow. The only problem is, I have about 13gbs of music and videos so I know itwont be enough to hold all of my stuff. Is it rude to ask my parents for the receipt for the iPod so I can return it and buy a 16gb instead?

I'm debating on whether I should ask them or not. If not, do you think the apple store would accept it back for store credit? Its still sealed andeverything.

Any help would appreciated, Thanks

lol so? you dont want it because it wont be able to hold everything that you cant possibly listen to most of the time...I dont get it.

No I don't think it's rude, but

If not, do you think the apple store would accept it back for store credit? Its still sealed and everything.

Check with your local Apple Store and tell them, I'm sure they understand that a lot of people may be in your situation, and they may just give you storecredit that you can use towards a 16GB Touch.

Based on your situation yes. Because your basically saying your parents were too cheap to get you the 16 Gig

imo don't do it, that's grimey. 8gb of music is alot of music, do you really plan on listening to 13 gb of music. i got the 16gb and i only have 950songs and that's a lot. hey there's always ebay i guess, but you better flip that quick before your parents ask where your ipod is.

It's not really rude, it just depends on how you say it.

Don't say:
"Yo moms, ya'll was too cheap to get me the one I wanted so lemme get the receipt so I can get the better one"

Do say:
"Hey mom my music library is too big for this iPod and i wanted to see if I could get the larger version, I was wondering if you still had the receiptlaying around."

who really listend to everything on their ipod anyway? just add the stuff you listen to the most. Also, are you really going to watch the videos on your ipod?

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Do say:
"Hey mom my music library is too big for this iPod and i wanted to see if I could get the larger version, I was wondering if you still had the receipt laying around."

that sounds right to say.

not rude at all imo.

i still don't get why people feel its necessary to put movies on their ipod...

How many damn times do you watch the same movie over and over again to justify carrying it with you at all times?

watch the damn movie at home and leave it there.

its from your parents how is that rude? just be like yo i want return this ipod and apply it towards the 16gb model, no big deal imo.

They will probably let you get store credit at the Apple Store without a receipt.

I don't know how you guys are living, but without videos, I don't have any space on my 60 GB iPod, and I'm constantly restructuring, so I don'tthink I could do an 8 gb.

Heres what you do, i hear Best Buy gives a 10 day grace period after christmas for people return gifts without a receipt, so return your ipod there and get tehstore credit and pay a little more for the 16gb

You wont need the receipt. So dont trip.

Take it to Apple, Walmart, wherever and just say you wanna upgrade to the 16 GB, pay the price difference, then you're done.

You don't need to post on a forum about the ethics of asking for a receipt, haha. Just messin...but yah, what I said above.

Hey does anyone know how long the windows serivce pack 2 takes to download?

Mine is taking about 3 hours? I need it for my touch?

it's not rude, considering they're your parents. they've probably already been through you peeing and pooping everywhere, eating trash, tempertantrums, finding condoms when you're 12, etc. i don't think asking them politely to exchange for a bigger ipod which would hold all your music willphase them at all.

Originally Posted by djp 510

Yes, I'd say it's rude because you could be getting nothing. Appreciate.

word. i got 20 dollars for christmas.

but if you were going to ask for the receipt the guy above had the correct way.

Originally Posted by GREENREDGREEN

i still don't get why people feel its necessary to put movies on their ipod...

How many damn times do you watch the same movie over and over again to justify carrying it with you at all times?

watch the damn movie at home and leave it there.

this guy speaks the truth.

Back
Top Bottom