Is Kendrick Lamar this Generations NAS?

I can't see any other artist compared to Kendrick, or nas, or biggie, or jay, or EM, or pun.

Reason being they made their own style. So it's hard to compare.

And although Cole raps with influence from a lot of the greats, the only person I can see him being compared to is Joe budden

You can hear Kool G Rap all over Nas & Pun.

I dislike the "who's the new ______" question because I feel like it's a disservice to the current artists and their own skills.

Of course you can be influenced by somebody, but we have so many great hip hop artists now and we try to compare them to the older greats instead of letting them have their own lane. Not to mention these guys are and will continue to influence generations like their predecessors.

I dislike the "who's the new ______" question because I feel like it's a disservice to the current artists and their own skills.

Of course you can be influenced by somebody, but we have so many great hip hop artists now and we try to compare them to the older greats instead of letting them have their own lane. Not to mention these guys are and will continue to influence generations like their predecessors.
That's somethin that has ALWAYS been done. NaS was the Rakim/G Rap of his generation.

I don't think it necessarily means they are the clone but it's more of who they represent to this generation. Or what role they play in the game

Who in here is making comparisons?

Roles and comparisons aren't the same thing.

If I say lebron is the mj of this generation...that's not saying lebron is mj.

Back
Top Bottom