IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Wait are you talking about a over the hill David Robinson? You know guy waited till a young duncan to lead the team to finally win a ring.

and Manu and Parker are not HOFers. will not NBA HOFers.

Manu was a 56 pick in 99 he was a nobody till Duncan made him better. Parker a 28 pick again Duncan made him better. Parker only won his finals MVP cause of boobie.

Tony will be a Hall of Famer.

David was still averaging 15 & 10.

Last edited:
Wait are you talking about a over the hill David Robinson? You know guy waited till a young duncan to lead the team to finally win a ring.
Manu was a 56 pick in 99 he was a nobody till Duncan made him better. Parker a 28 pick again Duncan made him better. Parker only won his finals MVP cause of boobie.
very good arguement.sean elliot,malik rose,avery johnson and mario ellie are not seeing the hof anytime soon. 
laugh.gif
. Duncan is tooo underrated its an absolute crime. 

I agree.
He doesn't make anybody on his team better.
If kobe had the same team MJ he would probably request a trade 3 games into the season.

2005-2006 Lakers

54 Kwame Brown
8 Kobe Bryant
17 Andrew Bynum
43 Brian Cook
3 Devean George
11 Devin Green
24 Jim Jackson
2 Aaron McKie
14 Stanislav Medvedenko
31 Chris Mihm
7 Lamar Odom
1 Smush Parker
9 Laron Profit
21 Ronny Turiaf
18 Sasha Vujacic
23 Von Wafer
4 Luke Walton

points, points, points points, POINTS!!!! and flame me for what im about to say : iverson was a better scorer, not better player. 

I love Iverson, but no he wasnt.

Iverson - 24,368 pts

Bryant - 29,811

View media item 143761
Can't use total points. It's better to use PPG & factor in efficiency as well.

For example, Kobe will have 2, maybe 3 more playoff runs & will eventually pass Jordan in all time playoff points.

However, he's already played in more playoff games than Jordan and taken more shots in the playoffs than Jordan, but Jordan still has 300 more points because his per game average & FG% are superior and he'll still likely hold those advantages after Kobe passes him in total points.

He is a better scorer than Iverson though, but total points isn't the right argument.

Last edited:

Not his not. Parker has never even been a top 5 PG in the league at any time in his career.

and david was not in his prime when he played with DUNCAN. david was a shell of himself in 99 and 03

Last edited:
Let me know. facts are facts. kobe only has 2 finals mvp but hes better then DUNCAN who has 3?
shaq and kobe where teammates but superman won all 3 finals MVP. They lose in 04 cause robin thought he was batman.
:smh:

I love how u love to just ignore everything kobe did after that...and duncan had more finals mvps....cool? I don't see wat that had to do with what this threads about, u just wanted to throw that in

Not his not. Parker has never even been a top 5 PG in the league at any time in his career.

and david was not in his prime when he played with DUNCAN. david was a shell of himself in 99 and 03

I want you you to go look at the list of the HoFers and tell me how many non top 5 players in their position there is.. There is a lot.

With that I love how much you are downgrading Tony Parker to make Duncan look better..

Let me know. facts are facts. kobe only has 2 finals mvp but hes better then DUNCAN who has 3?
shaq and kobe where teammates but superman won all 3 finals MVP. They lose in 04 cause robin thought he was batman.
:smh:

I love how u love to just ignore everything kobe did after that...and duncan had more finals mvps....cool? I don't see wat that had to do with what this threads about, u just wanted to throw that in

Okay something to do with this thread. Kobe a quitter.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGoxIvuPtmo

Nope just calling it how it is. Parker himself has said all SPURS success goes to timmy D. including parkers.

IMO Manu > Parker. But both are nothing without TD.

Still duncan made kobe cry. kobe needed to save that for the locker room. Tim was like :rolleyes

Last edited:
Of course hes a SG and has never dropped 138.

Hahahaha at he blatant hate for a SG who shoots more than his teamates. You guys are hilarious

5 rings but he doesn't make his teammates better? :lol:

Look at Gasol's fg% in Memphis and look in LA. I guess Kobe has no effect on that at all.

You're crazy if you don't think he has a high basketball IQ. You don't get to his level off of just talent.

7 finals appearances, 5 rings and 2 finals MVP's amongst other accomplishments....

y'all go grab another or something.

As others have said most of the points being argued in this thread are the same points people make in every single thread involving Kobe basically. However one thing that never really gets brought up and really irks me is the longevity factor. Kobe is in his 17th god damn season and he is still a top 5 maybe top 3 player in this league. He has been playing around that same damn level for 15 years and it doesn't look like he plans on slowing down anytime soon. When you look at his all time ranking this has to be taken into account. As a franchise, would you want a guy playing at a top 5 level for 17+ years or a dude who may only do it for 12 years like most superstars. At this point and moving forward, Kobe's longevity is going to be the most impressive thing about his career. To be a franchise player for one team for damn near two decades is absolutely amazing, especially when your talking about the Lakers.

You get a lot of haters after 17 years of dominating the league :smokin

Name one player who still play at this high level while remain at top 5 after 17 years?

Kobe is far from overrated. He's actually underrated in many categories.

My favorite player of all time :pimp:

i'll admit this. i'm a big kobe hater, but i'm also a fan:lol:
respect to one of the best players :smokin

Back
Top Bottom