IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Bill Plaschke

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/39498-bill-plaschke-says-kobe-didnt-deserve-mvp/

" Pau Gasol Should of won the 2010 Finals MVP " - Bill Simmons

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/pau-gasol-should-won-2010-finals-mvp-bill-simmons-1877430/

Im not the best googler but these forums were started because of a columnist saying Pau deserved the MVP. I cant find video but Im sure these forums werent made to back me up
nerd.gif

I know theres a few more because Sportscenter had a segment about it and it was all on talk radio saying Gasol was the X factor and should have atleast shared the Finals MVP

Im just proving that I didnt pull it out of my ***
A.  Simmons is not a journalist.  He's also the biggest Celtics homer/Kobe hater in the world.  Self-admittedly.  He's a troll.

B.  I'm guessing you're talking about what he said in his back and forth with Zach Lowe.  Simmons made that comment 2 months ago in January, when the Lakers were drowning to argue that D'Antoni was mishandling him.  Not after the finals.  John Hollinger and Simmons went on record together before game 7 to say that if the Lakers lost the series, Kobe should STILL get the MVP because of how he'd played.  So you didn't hear that from Bill back then.  It should also be noted that in the same breath he made that Pau comment he also called Gasol the best low-post player in the league.

LOL @ Bill Plaschke.  He's a journalist, so you've got me there, although from what I see he made the comment on Sportscenter to predict that in 2010-11 Pau would seize the reigns as the leader of the Lakers.

He didn't go on record in print with that dumb **** though.  So that's Plaschke and Bill Simmons.  Two pundits?

You won't find articles arguing this because it's a dumb argument.

Pau: 18.6ppg 11.6rpg 3.7apg 0.7spg 2.6bpg, 2 TO's per game on 48% shooting

Kobe: 28.6ppg 8 rpg 4apg 2.1 spg 0.7bpg, 4 TO's per game on 41% shooting

Last edited:
Kobe's stats going into game 7 of that series:

30ppg, 7rpg, 4apg, 43%fg, 37%3pt, 93%ft, 41 mins per game, 4 turnovers

:lol: Bill Simmons.

Son said Bill Simmons. :rofl:

What's the matter, you can't find any Kate Faber blogs to use?

Game 7 gives a distorted view of that series. Ron and Pau were leaned on heavily G7, but Kobe was far and away series MVP.

Also, consider me not that impressed that Pau feasted with Rasheed Wallace on the opposing side that night.

Morons in this thread.. Straight morons.

Idk how Cp, essential, and the rest of laker faithful continue to read this garbage.

But It's always funny when you prove the morons wrong :lol:

If Bean had the exact same accolades and accomplishments for your franchise not the Lakers, you wouldnt be complaining how "overrated" he is.
Purple and gold. Fuels hate. I wouldnt haveit any other way.

:pimp: at the Otis Thorpe love.

Without him batting Oakley & Mason on the glass the Knicks win that series in 5.

If Bean had the exact same accolades and accomplishments for your franchise not the Lakers, you wouldnt be complaining how "overrated" he is.
Purple and gold. Fuels hate. I wouldnt haveit any other way.

Ehh nobody hates Tim Duncan or even Magic Johnson like Kobe so stop it.

It's not like Kobe had the game high in points, high for 4th quarter points, as well as snatched 15 boards as a 2 guard in Game 7..

He shot badly, but you watch that game, it was a dog fight the entire game. It was a knock down drag 'em out UGLY game.

Pierce, RayRay, Ron, Kobe & Pau all shot badly.

Also Ron hit a HUGE shot.. But the Lakers were already up 3. Ron put them up 6.

Last edited:
My brother is a Kobe fan. Not going to lie he is good. And probably top a top 15 player when it is all said and done. But he will never be the greatest at basketball that is just nonsense. How can he be the best player ever, if he isn't even the best laker ever. Magic. Also he plays on a team that was great before he came. The bulls were nothing before Michael came. He took them to the top, not just kept them there. And he never lost in the finals done deal.

My brother is a Kobe fan. Not going to lie he is good. And probably top a top 15 player when it is all said and done. But he will never be the greatest at basketball that is just nonsense. How can he be the best player ever, if he isn't even the best laker ever. Magic. Also he plays on a team that was great before he came. The bulls were nothing before Michael came. He took them to the top, not just kept them there. And he never lost in the finals done deal.

who said kobe is the best ever?
do you know who was on the lakers when magic was drafted?
how many championships did jordan have before pippen came along?

What??? Dude be quite.

You clearly don't watch enough nba to write this. First off you said it yourself.. bird would take kobe over james. James is more of a team player than kobe but he would still take kobe ( Is LBJ overrated then?). Also Magic Johnson himself says kobe is the best laker ever. I could go on and on but enough said...

No lie, I stopped reading after the 2nd sentence.  I have no idea where the rest of this post goes, but I'm gonna be a jerk and take a guess that this gif will apply:

0cd35afec2c4e6da40820b4710bf24a91b1479c.gif

And if I'm wrong and you made a strong, pertinent post, I apologize ahead of time.

:lol: discrediting Kobe for coming to a great team and then saying Magic is better than him is pretty funny :lol: as if Magic didn't do the same..

Smh, cartune bro stay in the music forum. Your good at hating on music but hating on sports aint yo thing

Last edited:
:lol: discrediting Kobe for coming to a great team and then saying Magic is better than him is pretty funny :lol: as if Magic didn't do the same..

Not a Lakers/Kobe fan, but how you feel when Magic himself claims that Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time?

cartune, the responses you're getting right now are exactly why I've never bothered showing what you're showing.

Nobody was saying Morrison was a FMVP. People were saying Pau was FMVP.

Ol' 'The moon landing was staged and the Holocaust never happened' type dudes. :lol:

And those who at least recognize the truth of what you're saying, that there were people saying Pau was FMVP? "Well those dudes don't count." Like sticking their fingers in their ear and singing "Lalalalala." :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom