Is Kobe Bryant Still the Best Shooting Guard in the NBA?

So now JA, the argument is that Wade is a close second? Right now? Isn't that exactly what most have been saying? That Kobe is better, still, right now....making Wade a close second?

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

I cringe at kids in 15 years saying, "Peyton only won 1 Superbowl"
Well, we all know Peyton is great in the regular season but his postseason record is probably something he wishes was better.  

It goes both ways...99% of NFL quarterbacks wish they had any success close to Peyton.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Kobe Bryant is the 3rd Best Shooting Guard of All time............after MJ and the Logo..............Pay Homage children, he wont be around forever, please stop with this Dwayne Wade Nonsense, Dwade has shown throughout his career, he needs a superior supporting cast to do anything worth a damn in the playoffs...............
What are you talking about? Those 2 seasons after Shaq was traded where we made the playoffs both years showed that he can single handedly lead a team to the postseason and he had an MVP caliber year in '08. Also, how can we forget his 46 point performance against the Celtics in the 1st round to avoid getting swept?
I don't think that he'll ever surpass Kobe in terms of greatness but c'mon now,let's not act like he hasn't been one of the greatest 2 guards ever and the 2nd best of this era. He might not be Jordan but he's far from a scrub,he's already an all-time great.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Dwayne Wade will always be in Kobe Bryant's shadow.

Just like Kobe will always be in Jordan's shadow. Which is why I don't understand why Wade d-riders get so upset.

That's the best dwade highlight you can come up with ? Dwade is good but he's not on Kobe level

laugh.gif

Kobe had about 15 monster playoff performances that would overshadow Dwade

Those WCF games against the Spurs in 2001, Kings 2002, 2003, 2004 Spurs and first round 2006 suns, etc alone > Dwade

If you're a kid who were born after 1992 please go look up Kobe greatest games on youtube and see what you have been missing.

Footwork, midrange, range, fadeaway, dunks, left hand, three point, body control, clutch etc this dude has it all

I still believe he deserve the MVP more than Nash in 06. He led a squad of Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Smushcalade and Luke Walton to the playoff while playing on the tougher Western conference for christ sake.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Kobe just can't get by his defenders. He isn't consciously making a decision to pump fake 8 times and take tough contested fadeaways after dribbling out half the clock and going nowhere. Increasingly, he has had to rely on calls like this going his way

Shut. Up.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Kobe Bryant is the 3rd Best Shooting Guard of All time............after MJ and the Logo..............Pay Homage children, he wont be around forever, please stop with this Dwayne Wade Nonsense, Dwade has shown throughout his career, he needs a superior supporting cast to do anything worth a damn in the playoffs...............

This I feel is sadly Kobe's demise, for every person who appreciates greatness, there are those who bash it, Americans love underdogs. I myself wasn't an mj hater, but I can't lie, I wanted miller, anfernee, even Malone, to get his shine. I almost rooted against mj so to speak, until 1998 when he hit that shot, and I realized a legend was playing before my own eyes....I look back and am grateful that I saw him play, even if I was going for his adversaries 90 percent of the time. As the saying goes, fool me once......I ain't making the same mistake again. I am grateful for every Kobe game I see, because I know what will be gone when he leaves the game.

Originally Posted by shogun

I cringe at kids in 15 years saying, "Peyton only won 1 Superbowl"
Well, we all know Peyton is great in the regular season but his postseason record is probably something he wishes was better.  

It goes both ways...99% of NFL quarterbacks wish they had any success close to Peyton.

Yeah but if we're talking all-time greats then his lack of multiple SB rings wi be mentioned; and rightfully so.

It seems you yourself are aware of Peyton's shortcomings in the playoffs as you're assuming he's going to retire with only one ring. He aint done yet.

Originally Posted by KenJi714
Bro where do you see anywhere that I said that D-Wade is better? 
laugh.gif
. I was just responding to dude talking about him as if he's a 2nd rate player that hasn't done anything on his own. Chill,I know Kobe's been better.

Its a close battle between Dwade and Kobe for best SG in the league... I still gotta go with my man kb24 though... he's so clutch

Back
Top Bottom