Is LAX one of the worst produced hip hop albums???

I was listening to this today and the beats were just terrible. Wasn't really into any of the beats. He got like 4-5 nice songs but production sounds sosloppy and all over the place? What you think?

anzi1t.jpg

[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]"Intro" (feat. DMX[/td] [td]Ervin "EP" Pope[/td] [td]1:20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]"LAX Files" [/td] [td]J.R. Rotem[/td] [td]3:59[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]"State of Emergency" (feat. Ice Cube[/td] [td]J.R. Rotem[/td] [td]3:38[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]"Bulletproof Diaries" (feat. Raekwon[/td] [td]Jelly Roll[/td] [td]4:52[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td]"My Life" (feat. Lil Wayne[/td] [td]Cool & Dre[/td] [td]5:20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td]"Money" [/td] [td]Cool & Dre[/td] [td]5:13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td]"Cali Sunshine" (feat. Bilal[/td] [td]Nottz[/td] [td]4:33[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td]"Ya Heard" (feat. Ludacris[/td] [td]Nottz[/td] [td]4:04[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td]"Hard Liquor (Interlude)" [/td] [td]Ervin "EP" Pope[/td] [td]1:50[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td]"House of Pain[/td] [td]DJ Toomp[/td] [td]4:32[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td]"Gentleman's Affair" (feat. Ne-Yo[/td] [td]J.R. Rotem[/td] [td]3:39[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12.[/td] [td]"Let Us Live" (feat. Chrisette Michele[/td] [td]Scott Storch[/td] [td]4:39[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13.[/td] [td]"Touchdown" (feat. Raheem DeVaughn[/td] [td]1500 or Nothin'[/td] [td]3:59[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14.[/td] [td]"Angel" (feat. Common[/td] [td]Kanye West[/td] [td]4:28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15.[/td] [td]"Never Can Say Goodbye" (feat. Latoya Williams)[/td] [td]Ervin "EP" Pope[/td] [td]4:40[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16.[/td] [td]"Dope Boys (feat. Travis Barker[/td] [td]1500 or Nothin'[/td] [td]4:00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17.[/td] [td]"Game's Pain (feat. Keyshia Cole[/td] [td]Knobody & Dahoud Darien[/td] [td]4:21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18.[/td] [td]"Letter to the King" (feat. Nas[/td] [td]Hi-Tek[/td] [td]5:45[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19.[/td] [td]"Outro" (feat. DMX)[/td] [td]Ervin "EP" Pope[/td] [td]1:28[/td] [/tr][/table][h3][edit] Deluxe Edition Bonus CD[/h3]
[table][tr][th=""]#[/th] [th=""]Title[/th] [th=""]Producer(s)[/th] [th=""]Length[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]Big Dreams[/td] [td]Cool & Dre[/td] [td]4:49[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]Camera Phone f/ Ne-Yo[/td] [td]Cool & Dre[/td] [td]4:29[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]"Nice" (feat. Newz)[/td] [td]Irv Gotti[/td] [td]4:40[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]"Spanglish" [/td] [td]Tre Beatz[/td] [td]4:14[/td] [/tr][/table]

the amount of hate game receives on nt is ridiculous. this album is better than most of nt's heralded albums (purple haze, anyone?).

Originally Posted by Agthekid

FAIL!!! The album was very solid.

You must have got the wrong version,
I don't like the beats, they're just all over and it doesn't have a quality sound. Incomplete would be a fitting word

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

the amount of hate game receives on nt is ridiculous. this album is better than most of nt's heralded albums (purple haze, anyone?).
No hate, I just don't like this one. Cam'ron is one of my favorite rappers and "Purple Haze" has annoying production too. ThatCD is way too soft for me.

*Puts on Gucci Flame Suit* But I actually enjoyed this album more than Documentary

the production is definitely not as good as his first two albums, but to say its one of the worst produced hip hop albums is far fetched. cali sunshine andletter to the king beats are
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

"Angel" was one of my favorite beats of 2008.

And that joint when he did the Biggie and Pac flow was crazy as hell.

Sleeped on track.
pimp.gif

man you must have downloaded one of the bootlegged Game albums

Production was great. It just didn't have any of those immaculate Just Blaze beats.

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

"Angel" was one of my favorite beats of 2008.

Agreed but like I said I only liked 4-5 beats and the rest are just annoying. I bought this CD, the Deluxe joint at best buy

Originally Posted by blazersin2k3

the production is definitely not as good as his first two albums, but to say its one of the worst produced hip hop albums is far fetched.

All i came in to say

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

My favorite from him so far

is Doctors Advocate
pimp.gif

I agree. On 'The Documentary', I felt that everyone else shined but him. The features and the producers were all great [especially the production] andeven though I enjoyed him through out that entire album....it didn't seem like his album. It also missed that West Coast sound that 'The DoctorsAdvocate' had.

As for the beats on this album, it def wasn't bad. I haven't heard the album in a while but I remember it having it some nice beats. I do remember somepretty horrible lines though
sick.gif
. His name calling irritates the +@%* outof me as well.

I have been listening to all three albums all week and I enjoyed this album the least.
The three tracks I like ( My Life, Angel, the Nas joint) are all great but the rest of the album
is weak to me. His first two are much better. Production wise the album is decent but there are
not too many standouts. The Documentary on the other hand has stellar production start to finish.

Originally Posted by blazersin2k3

the production is definitely not as good as his first two albums, but to say its one of the worst produced hip hop albums is far fetched. cali sunshine and letter to the king beats are
eek.gif

Exactly...Let us Live/Angel/State of Emergency all were
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom