Is Ne-Yo the next immortalized R&B superstar?

I don't know if ya'll keep up with dude...

but he releases SO MUCH content its not even funny.

Its like he makes 10 demos for artists a week.

Because I'm on my MJJ tip right now...:

But yeah, what does NT think of dude?

I think hes in the running for the best MAINSTREAM R&B Male artist to come out since 05, and maybe the decade.

NO

the reason for my flat out no is dude got all the talent in the world but just aint got that "it" to be a legend. He just bore me.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

NO

the reason for my flat out no is dude got all the talent in the world but just aint got that "it" to be a legend. He just bore me.
I agree. I won't say he bores me but he just doesn't have that "it" factor. To me he's that writer who makes music. Kanyehas evolved passed being just that producer who made music. He's a entertainer. Ne-Yo hasn't done that yet. He doesn't really have an identity.Every album its something different. But he sells records because he's that good of a writer. He's talented. More talented than probably anyone outthere. But he doesn't have that "it" factor and that's what's gonna hold him back.

NO

i agree

NO

QFT

Originally Posted by rocyaice

NO

I agree. I won't say he bores me but he just doesn't have that "it" factor. To me he's that writer who makes music. Kanye has evolved passed being just that producer who made music. He's a entertainer. Ne-Yo hasn't done that yet. He doesn't really have an identity. Every album its something different. But he sells records because he's that good of a writer. He's talented. More talented than probably anyone out there. But he doesn't have that "it" factor and that's what's gonna hold him back.

Co-sign.

He's good, not great. His tracks really just blend in with the rest of the stuff on the radio. It's good material, but it's never been eye-popping,groundbreaking, or ever particularly memorable. He has a long way to go and should maybe focus more on quality than quantity.

To me......John Legend > Ne-Yo

I am a huge R&B fan, and LOVE some of the newer artists that have come out in the past few years. But I dont really feel any of these current R&B dudeswill be "immortalized."

My Girl would say - "YEAH!!! Thats rite hes the best"

Imo: Nope ...
laugh.gif
.. cuz as stated earlier doesnt have that "It"

It takes alot to be immortalized like Michael Jackson was, and in all fairness to Ne-yo, the dude is talented and writes really good lyrics to songs forhimself and others. But the dude doesn't have anything the world hasn't seen...at least up until this point.

MJ was always trying to push the envelope with performances, videos, music, and his swag. Ne-Yo has a long way to go before people can seriously consider thisdude the next living legend.

No, it will definitely be R. Kelly. After 20+ years of hits, he will be remembered as one of the greatest songwriters/performers
of our time.

He'll never immortalized but a couple of days ago I was listening to his catalogue and some unreleased joints and his talent is unbelievable as a songwriter and song creator. He'll definitely be around for a long time but yes, as others have alluded to, he's still missing that "IT" factorand I don't know if he'll ever "discover" it in his career.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

He'll never immortalized but a couple of days ago I was listening to his catalogue and some unreleased joints and his talent is unbelievable as a song writer and song creator. He'll definitely be around for a long time but yes, as others have alluded to, he's still missing that "IT" factor and I don't know if he'll ever "discover" it in his career.
yeah, his unreleased songs are better than most rnb artists

i do hope he will be remembered one day, hes has one of the best work ethics in the industry today

seems like everyday i can find a new unreleased track by him, not only that he writes and sings the melodies for other artists too

Originally Posted by geminifly

No, it will definitely be R. Kelly. After 20+ years of hits, he will be remembered as one of the greatest songwriters/performers
of our time.
QFT

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

No. He doesn't have a classic album. Just great songs littered throughout them.
In My Own Words wasn't a classic album
eek.gif
smh.gif
? *Kobe Gif*

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

He'll never immortalized but a couple of days ago I was listening to his catalogue and some unreleased joints and his talent is unbelievable as a song writer and song creator. He'll definitely be around for a long time but yes, as others have alluded to, he's still missing that "IT" factor and I don't know if he'll ever "discover" it in his career.
I don't care about all that. Superstar? No. Best in the game? Yes. Nobody is seeing Ne-Yo's catalog. Since I got up on his demogame...I've realized without Ne-Yo a lot of these artist wouldn't have !*#% to sing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

To me......John Legend > Ne-Yo
eyes.gif
I hope u aint like Take Me Away on Evolver
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

rocyaice wrote:

RIPyzyz wrote:

NO

I agree. I won't say he bores me but he just doesn't have that "it" factor. To me he's that writer who makes music. Kanye has evolved passed being just that producer who made music. He's a entertainer. Ne-Yo hasn't done that yet. He doesn't really have an identity. Every album its something different. But he sells records because he's that good of a writer. He's talented. More talented than probably anyone out there. But he doesn't have that "it" factor and that's what's gonna hold him back.

Co-sign.

Yeah...he's not controversial, entertaining or someone the masses would like to keep up with

I think he can become an Icon, but for right now, he has a long way to go. But he is talented as hell and he is a good songwriter. But he needs to improve hisvoice range and tour outside of the US.

Originally Posted by geminifly

of our time.

hell outta here. No one outside of R&B anymore checks for this man.

MJ could hibernate for 10 years, come back...and have the entire music game on his shoulders.

No way you can say the same for Kells. And I love dude's music.

Back
Top Bottom