Is niketalk dead?

Twitter has a big part to do in the decline of forum activity, just easier to talk about topics. NT in the early to mid 2000s was CLASSIC stuff, unbeatable.

I’m still on here everyday tho, just not as active since I’m grown and busy :lol:

Five reasons why:

1)OGs are grown and move on.
2)Newcomers stay for a little while than move on to other social media.
3)More competition on the internet including social media.
4)PC's are no longer the main source for online content so you don't have to stay indoors and therefore, you pick to go on more accessible "apps".
5)TAN

Bonus: Nike is losing its cool factor now that everyone is appreciating other brands.

Five reasons why:

1)OGs are grown and move on.
2)Newcomers stay for a little while than move on to other social media.
3)More competition on the internet including social media.
4)PC's are no longer the main source for online content so you don't have to stay indoors and therefore, you pick to go on more accessible "apps".
5)TAN

Bonus: Nike is losing its cool factor now that everyone is appreciating other brands.
Yup. Bigger audience elsewhere and you can really say what you want w/o being banned.

Feels like some NTers are trying to hold on to yesterday.

I don't think it's 'dead' but the quality of topics has decreased over the years.

There are still some threads in here that I enjoy posting in. Plus, some of the OGs from the early 2000s, still post there. So it's cool.

still go on here daily for sports threads, coupon thread, and lurk political thread.

still waiting on someone to start Black Friday 2k18...

many luls have been had here over the years. miss the teams in the sig from ezboard days "Team uncircumsized the og fullzip hoodie" some dude had "True friends stab you in the front"
could be reseller culture killing Jordan brand forum, it's easy to hate but tough the knock the hustle just annoying that some 12 year old making 50K off slanging sneakers.
also mentioned earlier how not just NT but all internet places are censored, politically backed, and over sensitive with protection of internet shield.

NT isn't dead just evolving with the time but still a great place to shoot the ish with sneaker heads throughout the years.

I've been on here since 2005, 9th grade, so this place will always feel like home to me. Back then music thread was really poppin, and I discovered some great artists on there over the years. I remember when we all thought G.O.D. Jewels was gonna pop, and then Dom Kennedy made it big but then fell off. The Boy Illinois enjoyed some moderate success. I retired from the shoe game after high school so I stayed for general. The best thing was when people would make a ban yourself thread where they just post a bunch of crazy inappropriate stuff to intentionally get themselves banned. My boy made a hilarious one back in the day and then got fried by the NT detectives. When I used to roam Jordan Brand I made the Jordan Rap thread and I had this one line about how I had the kicks Corey rocked when he was banging Topanga that everyone quoted lol.

So yeah those are some of my memories of the old NT, it's not the same anymore but I still browse through general here and there. Salute to all the OG's though.

Most of my friends moved on

I still check in daily to the threads that interest me

NT isn't as live as it was but it certainty isn't dead

Tan aint the reason.. I just see it as a group chat thread.

Its these damb "official" threads :smh:

Misc>>>NT

Back
Top Bottom