Is Skydiving a bad idea if I have motion sickness?

I want to skydive. But everytime I fly I have to take Dramimine or generic or I will get a violent headache. I'm wondering will it still do the trick for skydiving or will I be hurling from the clouds.  

not really because the higher your elevation, the atmospheric pressure dilutes your brain cells so you'll be fine. true story

You are only in the plane for 15/20 minutes max. I don't think you'd have enough time to feel sick. Your adrenaline might also suppress your motion sickness.

Once you're in the air you will be too terrified to feel motion sickness.

What happens if I get motion sickness?

It is very rare that anyone is sick in freefall. If you are prone to motion sickness eat a light breakfast or lunch at least an hour before your booking time. If you do start to feel queasy under canopy, let your tandem instructor know, they have sick bags at the ready for those rare occasions!

Honestly if you do get dizzy that easily be sure to tell whoever you jump with to take it easy on the twirls---The guy I jumped with got a little carried away with that and it gave me the spins a little bit but it was still one of the greatest experiences of my life

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Honestly if you do get dizzy that easily be sure to tell whoever you jump with to take it easy on the twirls---The guy I jumped with got a little carried away with that and it gave me the spins a little bit but it was still one of the greatest experiences of my life

Just curious, how much did it cost?

Don't know about the motion sickness but I can tell you it's the most amazing feeling EVER. I'm terrified of heights but the rush of skydiving is like nothing I've ever felt. Highly recommend it.

Originally Posted by lol

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Just curious, how much did it cost?
My jump was 150, maybe 170 I don't remember but it was under 200-it costs more if you want them to take a picture during the jump which I passed on
grin.gif
I don't want pics of me crying like a b$%$ if the parachute didn't open j/p
laugh.gif

Freefall is going to get you dizzy I think. The 30 seconds after you jump from the plane and before the parachute deploys is the most terrifying/exhilarating experience of my life.

thanks anton and toy for the info.  i plan on skydiving sometime next year and was really concerned.  

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

thanks anton and toy for the info.  i plan on skydiving sometime next year and was really concerned.  

Meh you'll be aite the whole thing takes like 10 minutes but it feels longer, the only part that will give you a bit of anxiety is the plain ride it feels like it takes forever cause all you can think about is how high you are---once you jump out, and the parachute deploys its a huge breath of fresh air/relief
pimp.gif

I'm going again sometime next spring, can't wait---my boy is tryna convince me to get a license to do it on my own
laugh.gif

I went skydiving a couple weeks ago. I used to get motion sickness when I was a kid but not so much now. Unless I go too hard on rollercoasters or I'm in a car with someone else driving crazy. With that said you will definitely feel the beginning stages of motion sickness. Mostly during the beginning free fall and then once the parachute is deployed if your expert decides he wants to swirl around a bit. The entire thing is over pretty quick though so its doubtful you'll get to the point where you want to earl. Of the 4 people in my group 3 of us felt a little queasiness. I suggest you eat a light breakfast and you should be ok. It's worth the experience.

Back
Top Bottom