is tavaris jackson that terrible?

You can argue all day, but there is no way you will convince me that Favre gives them a better chance of winning than Jackson or Rosenfels at this point.  With the receivers and running game they have all the QB has to do is manage the game.  Favre has cost them all 4 of their losses with his piss poor decision making.

You can argue all day, but there is no way you will convince me that Favre gives them a better chance of winning than Jackson or Rosenfels at this point.  With the receivers and running game they have all the QB has to do is manage the game.  Favre has cost them all 4 of their losses with his piss poor decision making.

People can call for Tarvaris Jackson all they want, and whether they like it or not, he's simply not the answer. He has his chance in 2007 and 2008. He blew it both times (can be debated, that's my opinion). In fact, the only reason he's still on the team is because he knows our offense and system to a tee so that if Favre happens to go down, at least we have a guy who knows how to call a game. Something Sage struggled with according to Childress, and something Joe Webb definitely can not do yet.

Vikings need to ride and die with Favre in 2010, and then hope to death that the ********/McNabb don't come to a long-term extension. McNabb is our QB in 2011 (if there is an NFL season).

People can call for Tarvaris Jackson all they want, and whether they like it or not, he's simply not the answer. He has his chance in 2007 and 2008. He blew it both times (can be debated, that's my opinion). In fact, the only reason he's still on the team is because he knows our offense and system to a tee so that if Favre happens to go down, at least we have a guy who knows how to call a game. Something Sage struggled with according to Childress, and something Joe Webb definitely can not do yet.

Vikings need to ride and die with Favre in 2010, and then hope to death that the ********/McNabb don't come to a long-term extension. McNabb is our QB in 2011 (if there is an NFL season).

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I can't believe people seriously think that benching Favre is the answer.

why not? teams do it all the time to switch things up?

the issue is the vikings have created this monster in farve that is bigger than the team, so now what can they do? sure they can bench farve but then again is jackson really the answer? dude has been told 2 years in a row you arent good enough to lead this team with the vikings beggin farve...

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I can't believe people seriously think that benching Favre is the answer.

why not? teams do it all the time to switch things up?

the issue is the vikings have created this monster in farve that is bigger than the team, so now what can they do? sure they can bench farve but then again is jackson really the answer? dude has been told 2 years in a row you arent good enough to lead this team with the vikings beggin farve...

why people forget so quick T. Jackson took a way less TALENTED viking team to the playoffs... really whats the difference farve took them to playoffs last year... farve is tryin to 2 hard he dont wanna let the vikings down but he not number 1 option... Farve acting like Lebron he acting like its all bout him football is a team sport.. Like T. Jack play and develop him into a great qb... Farve need 2 be a better leader and stop worryin bout stats & accomplishments...

why people forget so quick T. Jackson took a way less TALENTED viking team to the playoffs... really whats the difference farve took them to playoffs last year... farve is tryin to 2 hard he dont wanna let the vikings down but he not number 1 option... Farve acting like Lebron he acting like its all bout him football is a team sport.. Like T. Jack play and develop him into a great qb... Farve need 2 be a better leader and stop worryin bout stats & accomplishments...

Didn't Gus Frerotte play most of that season though then got hurt? (When they went to the playoffs?)

Didn't Gus Frerotte play most of that season though then got hurt? (When they went to the playoffs?)

JPZx wrote:

I refuse to believe we gave up those picks for one year of service. We will agree to something even if it's not a long term deal. *Shrug*

Maybe y'all can get Vick though.

JPZx wrote:

I refuse to believe we gave up those picks for one year of service. We will agree to something even if it's not a long term deal. *Shrug*

Maybe y'all can get Vick though.

As others have said nobody has really seen Jackson since 08, so we don't know how much he has developed.

I think they should sit Favre this week (I'm not really expecting the Vikings to go on the road and beat NE) and then at home against Arizona (definitely a winnable game with their QB struggles)

That will give Favre two weeks and he will (hopefully) be ready for a divisional game against Chicago which will basically be a must-win.

As others have said nobody has really seen Jackson since 08, so we don't know how much he has developed.

I think they should sit Favre this week (I'm not really expecting the Vikings to go on the road and beat NE) and then at home against Arizona (definitely a winnable game with their QB struggles)

That will give Favre two weeks and he will (hopefully) be ready for a divisional game against Chicago which will basically be a must-win.

Back
Top Bottom