Is the 160 GB iPod Classic the highest capacity portable music player out there?

balloonoboy

Banned
I've recently converted all of my music to FLAC (to ALAC) and it takes up a lot of space. I have about 200 or so gigs and I need a bigger music player.

Is there anything bigger than the 160 GB Classic? If not, is Apple going to release a higher capacity next year?

I've recently converted all of my music to FLAC (to ALAC) and it takes up a lot of space. I have about 200 or so gigs and I need a bigger music player.

Is there anything bigger than the 160 GB Classic? If not, is Apple going to release a higher capacity next year?

1. The iPod doesn't even have capabilities to correctly play FLAC you can convert to ALAC ....but thats a whole nother discussion in itself

and

2. If you converted existing MP3 to FLAC ...you just wasted space

-The Juice

1. The iPod doesn't even have capabilities to correctly play FLAC you can convert to ALAC ....but thats a whole nother discussion in itself

and

2. If you converted existing MP3 to FLAC ...you just wasted space

-The Juice

I'm not sure if it is,but I say go for it.I got one when they first dropped and it has served me well.

I'm not sure if it is,but I say go for it.I got one when they first dropped and it has served me well.

converting to FLAC doesn't serve a lot of purpose if you dont have the sound output/headphones to match

imo 320kbps is optimal for portable music players

converting to FLAC doesn't serve a lot of purpose if you dont have the sound output/headphones to match

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

^what he said. Your ipod realistically is not going to produce the same output as your PC with a good soundcard and good speakers. I use mediamonkey for my ipod management and it will auto convert all unsupported ipod formats to any format that is supported. So I would recommend you make the switch to mediamoney (itunes sucks anyways) and just have your ipod settings set to 320kbps.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

^what he said. Your ipod realistically is not going to produce the same output as your PC with a good soundcard and good speakers. I use mediamonkey for my ipod management and it will auto convert all unsupported ipod formats to any format that is supported. So I would recommend you make the switch to mediamoney (itunes sucks anyways) and just have your ipod settings set to 320kbps.

it was when I was looking. I did not want an ipod at all wanted a Cowon and still do. But they don't have enough space

actually I think mine is 180gb instead of 160

it was when I was looking. I did not want an ipod at all wanted a Cowon and still do. But they don't have enough space

actually I think mine is 180gb instead of 160

off the top of my head, archos 5 with 500 GB. I dont think its strictly an mp3 player though.

off the top of my head, archos 5 with 500 GB. I dont think its strictly an mp3 player though.

i dont see a other ipod classic next year...we had like 5 for the christmas week and they only sold on the last day when the hundreds of nanos and ipod touches sold out

i dont see a other ipod classic next year...we had like 5 for the christmas week and they only sold on the last day when the hundreds of nanos and ipod touches sold out

I think Archos makes some 250GB players

Or you could kill two birds with one stone and get an HTC EVO + the Audiogalaxy app and stream your entire music library right from home

Or you could kill two birds with one stone and get an HTC EVO + the Audiogalaxy app and stream your entire music library right from home

Apple NEEDS to make a larger capacity ipod classic, maybe a 250 for 250 would be nice

Back
Top Bottom