Is the bald fade becoming increasingly popular?

I get what Future saying though. I had braids when i was younger, then cut them off because i wanted a real job. I used to wonder why i wouldn't get call backs. Cut my hair = BAM!! Jobs left and right

man... i dont know why...

but i'm kinda pissed that i'm on future's side on this...

:lol: :lol:

lettuce be cereal... black men with long hair are perceived differently...

man... i dont know why...

but i'm kinda pissed that i'm on future's side on this...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Spoken like a "real individual" 
eyes.gif

lettuce be cereal... black men with long hair are perceived differently...
Thats all I was trying to say. 

I been seeing the bald fade a little more common around here.

Also I'd only like long hair unless I could get that ninja type style some Asian guys rock.

I'ma black guy, btw.

Also I'd need to rock like size NINE fitteds if I had long hair, my head is huge. :lol:

Last edited:
I only made my comments because I'm noticing the opposite.

I'm seeing more and more minorities wearing their hair longer.

Dreads, twists, and just kinda that unkempt/loose curly afro going with maybe a little fade on the edges are what I'm seeing more of.

I only made my comments because I'm noticing the opposite.

I'm seeing more and more minorities wearing their hair longer.

Dreads, twists, and just kinda that unkempt/loose curly afro going with maybe a little fade on the edges are what I'm seeing more of.

Guilty, women love it for some reason, bawk everytime I cut it down.

i saw this is on wade in yesterday's opener... its cool i guess... think it'd look better on black people tho.. not tryna sound racist or anything either.

i saw this is on wade in yesterday's opener... its cool i guess... think it'd look better on black people tho.. not tryna sound racist or anything either.

It's a staple of white guys in the military and hood asian cats too, so no.

The hell are you talking about?

The thread question made me wonder why black guys can't just grow their hair out. Like, we're the only people who have to "cut out hair" for some reason. 

It kinda irks me. 
I've been growing mine for some months now. My mom brought that same point up to me. It actually makes sense to grow our hair, it's practical. But I guess people don't like the way it looks (white people) so blacks feel the need to cut it. It's like we have to be ashamed of it, for some reason.

It's something with conformity though. Like in the military.

Last edited:
i'm from houston so the bald fade never left here
true story...

Cat bw thinking just cuz something is creeping into their region, its making a comeback...

Bald fade been a staple in the 409 since before i was gettin them, and itll be around when i cut my hair...

All even with the fade in the back >>>>> bald fade, doe....
WHAT? do you mean a taper in the back?

btw, tapers>>>>>>fades

Kinda wonder why knee-grows can't grow their hair out. 

bro. how is this guy still here?

needs to be banned every single time he makes a new name.
The hell are you talking about?

The thread question made me wonder why black guys can't just grow their hair out. Like, we're the only people who have to "cut out hair" for some reason. 

It kinda irks me. 

What? :rofl:
You're telling me that a black guy can get a decent job with his hair as long as he wants it to be compared to the average white guy with his long hair slicked back?

Mind you, thats why I like working in meritocracies, not places that care about how I look. 
those places are few and far between, trust affirmative action saves many minorities who are indefinitely competent for many "middle class" jobs

People at my job could care less about my hair now. Best believe my fade was tight when I had my interview though. These days you need to have any advantage you can get in this competitive workplace. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. It doesn't matter what race you are, you will be judged. Some just more than others :wink:

Also, Affirmative Action is a thing of the past at least around my neck of the woods.

Last edited:
Been rocking bald taper :pimp:

I've always wanted to grow out my hair...don't want to go through that awkward phase tho lol

People at my job could care less about my hair now. Best believe my fade was tight when I had my interview though. These days you need to have any advantage you can get in this competitive workplace. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. It doesn't matter what race you are, you will be judged. Some just more than others :wink:

Also, Affirmative Action is a thing of the past at least around my neck of the woods.
no its not, its a federal stipulation, even if your state "abolishes" affirmative action, they can't because it's federal, if you applied for a job and in the application somewhere it said they were a "Equal Opportunity Employer" thats part of the affirmative action program

i always get a ceasar, a taper doesnt look too cool on me unless it doesnt completely fade to nothing, and a fade is probably not a good look, havent had one since i was in the 5th grade

Back
Top Bottom