Is the majority of American Twitter users black?

First off, I'm Asian (Filipino). Since getting on this a month or so ago, I've noticed that my friends that I have on Twitter are mostly black. Literally, for me, since joining Twitter, I've been in better touch with my black friends from back in high school than before joining. They're all funny as hell, btw, going IN on trends and things like that. 
roll.gif

Anyways, regarding my question, I was on my Twitter for Mac app and clicked through the top trending topics (the hashtag ones, like #shedidntcallbecause or #thingsidoduringsex)... and scrolling down reading them, I noticed that almost every single tweet was from a black person, except for the trend about Nick Jonas' new album
laugh.gif

Is there any statistic out there that proves my point? I'm aware that, obviously, Twitter isn't collectively a "black thing" and many other people of every race use it such as celebrities and organizations, or just people in general -- I mean, I'm Asian, and I do have Asian/White/Hispanic followers -- but out of the friends/acquaintances I had in high school, most of the ones on Twitter happen to be black. That, along with the trends random things I see on the internet, got me curious about it.

I hope I didn't come across as racist to any of y'all, but knowing NT, I'ma get flamed by some people. Whatever, it's an honest question.

*peeps thread title*
nerd.gif

Take up remedial English bruh

I'm out...

Originally Posted by Stixx

*peeps thread title*
nerd.gif

Take up remedial English bruh

I'm out...
What's wrong with it? The subject of the sentence is "majority" which is singular, so the verb would be "is". "American Twitter users" is the object and the participle isn't dependent on that. "Black" is describing the "majority".

lol oh so true... but i couldnt tell ya cause all my friends black and they all have twitter.

If I had to guess, I would say yes. And NT needs to chill on thinking that everything that has to do with race is profiling or racist. It's stupid.

Originally Posted by mandown91

lol oh so true... but i couldnt tell ya cause all my friends black and they all have twitter.
Word, I have friends of all races, but my black friends are the only ones who mostly have Twitter. Out of my white, Asian, or Hispanic friends, only a small percentage do. I'm wondering why.
Originally Posted by MikeU

<--------im african
well see you in banned camp
What in my post warrants a ban? I'm aware it's a sensitive subject, but I feel like I mentioned every race in a respectful way. It's a serious question, with my own observations to justify it.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

all the people that use twitter are attention *%*%+#, nothing more..

Not really. It's like a big chat room of just me and my friends. My timeline keeps me entertained almost all the time and often it breaks news quicker than any other medium. Its allowed me to meet a lot of cool new people too (friends of friends). I've sold sneakers and other items and even obtained a job networking through twitter. It is what you make it.

are all Asian people Chinese?
seriously, out of all the %*!+ in the world going on you want to talk about black people on twitter?

...yeah there is a strong black presence on twitter....yes that presence is going to start reflecting other places as well. 

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

ruh oh
100810_TECH_twitTN1.jpg

nerd.gif
Exactly my point -- this image wouldn't have been made if someone didn't think something similar, right?
hella handsome wrote:
And to answer OP's question, no the majority aren't black... You just follow all black people. Diversify your timeline.

Trust me, I would love to diversify my timeline. I tell my Asian and white friends to hop on Twitter 'cause it can be popping sometimes. But the thing is, I can't diversify because for some reason only the majority of my black friends use it, not the case with any other race.

And I don't follow random people.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

are all Asian people Chinese?
seriously, out of all the %*!+ in the world going on you want to talk about black people on twitter?

...yeah there is a strong black presence on twitter....yes that presence is going to start reflecting other places as well. 
I don't find that first statement relevant, at all.

But yes, but this is a General forum, and there are far dumber things than this question. Sure, I'm not as concerned right now with the Dow Jones as I am with black people on Twitter. It's something I noticed, and something I wanted to ask NT about since a lot of y'all are on Twitter (from what I see on sigs, and the whole #NT fam thing). All I wanted to know is if anyone has ever thought about the same thing. I'm trying to keep it respectful with every post I make, because I feel it's a legit question.

Definitely leans more towards the 'urban' side, IMO.

How else Wale go at Rosa Acosta last night, and 10 minutes later, she becomes a TT?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom