Is the phrase "Making Moves" being used too loosely?

I never had a problem with the phrase because it was used sparingly and under the right circumstances by a couple people I knew growing up. Then I got to college and heard white girls bastardize the $**% out of it trying to sound cool and cannot stand to hear anyone use it anymore
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

damn i though this *%@# said 'making money' in the thread title my bad
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Im trippin my bad fam even though I meant that +%!@...just kind of out of context for this thread. 

I cant stand broke/lazy folks on FB posting Motivational / Inspirational / Life Lesson quotes.

Originally Posted by wcghost

I cant stand broke/lazy folks on FB posting Motivational / Inspirational / Life Lesson quotes.
same dudes that be using "grindin" or "hustlin' or "gettin dat paper" hyperboles for clocking in extra hours at wendys. 

Uppin' my post count on NT, makin' moves out here bruh!

laugh.gif

In all seriousness though, I use the term when I feel like I've done something successful, even in the slightest bit. But for real, I thought this was something we say when we're tryna get the @!!% up out the house.

Only time I use this is when my friends (or me) is being lazy: "Let's make some moves instead of lounging about" etc...

Back
Top Bottom