Is "The Wire" really as great as NT makes it seem?

Dudes be acting like its the greatest TV series to ever air
laugh.gif
I'vebeen trying to get into it, but I dont know where to start. Should I just watch the WHOLE series from the beginning? Or should I just skip to a certain seasonwhere the action really starts or something... I just want to see what NT has been talking about..

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

laugh.gif
It is. And it's not just NT hyping it up. Most of the people I've talked to who actually watch it say the same. The hype isn't just onNT.

Start with season 1 episode 1 and go from there. DO NOT skip any episodes. watching from the beginning just enhances the experience.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

laugh.gif
It is. And it's not just NT hyping it up. Most of the people I've talked to who actually watch it say the same. The hype isn't just on NT.

Start with season 1 episode 1 and go from there. DO NOT skip any episodes. watching from the beginning just enhances the experience.

QFT after the first couple of episodes you will be hooked

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Originally Posted by dreClark

just watch the WHOLE series from the beginning
/thread
I got my mom, dad, and sis all hooked on it and they all think it's one of the best shows ever. They don't even know what NT is so itisn't just hype from here.

So lemme get this straight....... you are literally asking NT to tell you if this show is as great as NT has told you it is.
smh.gif

the wire is a good show...but best ever no...you have to realize that NT is full of dudes in their early 20s...so ofcourse the show appeals to'em...thesopranos was much better...its not even a contest

It really is man. I didn't watch any of it until they were already on season five because I didnt get all the hype. But my boy handed me season one and Iwent from there. It is definitely the best series in my opinion because of all the elements it brings. I doesn't get the attention of say the Sopranosbecause its based in a world that most people dont't live in.

Start from the beginning

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

no.
this is the same nt that cried over Click.
let's be serious here.
hey, that was a pretty touching scene.

Anyway The Wire is quite possibly the greatest show to ever air on HBO, or t.v. period.

yes it is

i bought season one just to check it out..next thing i know i got the complete series

smh.gif

I don't think "NT" hypes it up. Pretty much EVERY critical source (White, Black, Spanish, whatever) agree's its a great, fundamentally-sound,solid show. If you watch it, you'll see that. Its not just your typical 'hood' type show, its an intelligent, multi-dimensional piece of work...

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

I don't think "NT" hypes it up. Pretty much EVERY critical source (White, Black, Spanish, whatever) agree's its a great, fundamentally-sound, solid show. If you watch it, you'll see that. Its not just your typical 'hood' type show, its an intelligent, multi-dimensional piece of work...
Truth. I convinced my girl to buy the entire series for me for Christmas and she was like "If I do, I'm not watching it with you,"cause she doesn't really like "gangster" shows/movies. I convinced her to watch the first episode and she was instantly addicted and watched therest of the entire series with me... Anyone can (and should) appreciate The Wire.

Back
Top Bottom