Is "The Wire" worth watching?

Is it worth it to watch all the seasons of "The Wire" on netflix?

• Yes, Its awesome.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, find something better to do.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

golfinguru11

Banned
After reading the "greatest TV characters of all time" thread I realized the only really good show in recent memory that I haven't seen was The Wire. Ive heard a ton of good things about it, but when it was on back in the day I just never got into it. I think I saw like 2 episodes in like 03.

So.... is it worth it to go watch all the seasons on netflix? Or a waste of time?

(oh, and I know i could've put this in the netflix thread, but i wanted to take a poll because NT'ers know all :tongue:)

Last edited:
indifferent.gif

2nd Season is brutal. Couldn't even get through it cause it was so boring.

2nd Season is brutal. Couldn't even get through it cause it was so boring.
Its probably the most important season. Just because bodies aren't dropping like Season 4 doesn't mean its boring.

This thread is made way too much. Watch a few episodes yourself and gauge whether or not to continue with the series.

one of those shows you had to watch while it was still on , if you pound away the episodes

its gonna be od boring because the pacing was BRUTAL. i use to be GLUED to the tv when it was on

You know it's worth it.. I imagine most of the good things you've heard about it included the phrases "greatest show of all time" and "a must watch"

It's considered to be one of the best television shows of all-time... by critics and audiences alike.

I'd watch Breaking Bad before The Wire... and I've seen every episode of each show multiple times...

But that's just my opinion. BrBa is more accessible. The Wire is engrossing and can be confusing/slow at times, but got damb is it a piece of intricate art. It will go down as a legendary production.

It's worth watching, along with Breaking Bad and Arrested Development. Watch those series in any order and you'll have seen the best TV works ever.

Season 2 is grueling at times, but yes, it is important to the story... the series covers all aspects of Baltimore, including the docks.

3/5

is my ranking.

greatest tv show of all time, greatest city of all time if you dont think so eat a :x

Yes. You'll end up watching it multiple times to catch everything. Even Season 2 which you appreciate the more you watch.

I watch now just for Wood Harris.

The Wire is the most overrated show of all time.

Don't watch it, It'll be a waste of time.

Just watch the wire OP. Supposedly it's better than Breaking Bad.
The Wire is the most overrated show of all time.

Don't watch it, It'll be a waste of time.
Now why would you of all people be compelled to say that?

*Google's the wire cast*

*Looks at this pic*

WireNYT.jpg

Oh

Edit: To ppl who have seen GoT and the wire: Is the dude on the bottom left, 3 pix up the dude from GoT? The dude that runs a ***** house.

Last edited:
Season 2 turns up towards the end. Stick with it.
everything in season 2 comes full circle in season 3
i was so sad to see how stringer had D killed, jus to protect him and avon then that murder would up being the reason for the set up and the demise of their friendship and strings life :smh:

I say this without hesitation ..

The Wire is the greatest piece of media I have ever seen/heard.

Each character has his or her own story ... the plot is RIDONK..

And as far as season 2... I thought it was buns...

Till my second time rewatching the series ...

Season 1 > 2 > 4 > 3 > 5...

But all of them are sooooo great...

I was a little skeptical going back and really watching it...

But I swear to GOD... my rewatch experience was better than my first watch...

You see how cold blooded Marlo is... how the cast snickers every time LT Rawls says something cuz he's gay, how much of a doosh. (On purpose) McNulty is, how THOROUGH Chris and snoop were, how cut throat Clay Davis is, how Avon and Stringer interact, how DOPE Bodie, how fierce Brother Mouzone is...

Fam... I HIGHLY recommend this show... and like I said... second time thru, season 2 gets REALLY good and intense ...

Frank Sabotka ... :smh: :smh:

I honestly tried to watch the Wire but it was too slow for me. Maybe in the future ill give it another try but right now im watching Oz :smokin

Just watch the wire OP. Supposedly it's better than Breaking Bad.

Now why would you of all people be compelled to say that?
*Google's the wire cast*
*Looks at this pic*
WireNYT.jpg

Oh

Edit: To ppl who have seen GoT and the wire: Is the dude on the bottom left, 3 pix up the dude from GoT? The dude that runs a ***** house.

Yes. He's also the federal agent on the plane in the beginning of The Dark Knight Rises

1/3

Anything else is wrong. As for season two; this is chess, not checkers.

Yes for today, 10 years from now, 200 years from now... you surely get the idea. The Wire is an incisive examination of the modern American city depicted with the nuance of Greek tragedy. It will persist just like certain books, music, movies, etc. It's already used as source material for classes at Harvard, Duke, Northwestern, Michigan, etc.

I've watched each season 3-4 times and sometimes catch clips on YouTube.

Read this interview: http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/04172009/watch.html
Listen to the first part of this podcast: http://www.slashfilm.com/filmcast-e...eview-guests-alan-sepinwall-and-myles-mcnutt/

If those two links don't convince you, nothing will.

Back
Top Bottom