Is their a Chipotle competitor yet?

If you're ever in L.A. hit me up psk, take you to Lincoln Heights and have you forget Chipotle even exist. :lol:

Chipotle isn't Mexican, not even close, maybe closer to Tex-Mex. still I go to Chipotle to eat chipotle. It's incredible, love it.

Chipotle is Columbus, Qdoba is whoever came after, no one cares. Not as good.

I never understood the hype for Chipotle, I went there a couple of times wanting to like but I couldn't, it's just a run in the mill "tex-mex" flavor...maybe it's just because i'm Mexican but if anyone is in the Maryland area trying to find a legit Mexican place R&R Taqueria is the truth!

I must be one of the few because this place is just not that good to me. No lie the chips were the best thing I ate there. This is no bs "man in n out ain't even good" talk knowing full well it is or u hating just because its not one in your state, lol!

Had a burrito and it was average. Ate half n saved for later. Threw in microwave n that joint fell all apart! I was done after that, smh I'm good. I think it is wayyyyyy over hyped. Had better burritos at hole in the wall spots.

Not to mention its expensive and why are they trying to go for that "healthy" kick on Mexican food? Oxymoronic.

Last edited:
man, I'm drunk as hell..... and chipotle sounds amazing.

I need to open a 24 hour chiptole  **** would be off the chains

Living in SoCal, I can get better, authentic Mexican food down the street. But I'll admit I like how Chipotle has mainstreamed and Americanized Mexican food. It's really not even Mexican.

Chipotle is to Mexico as Panda Express is to China.

I've only had it a few times and I enjoyed it a lot more when I kept it simple. The first time I got all kinds of ish in the burrito and it was aiiiiiight. Now I just get chicken, rice, lettuce, cheese, guac, and hot sauce. Not much but I enjoyed it a lot more

Moes is pretty diverse... there queso is the best.. also tijuana flats here in FL but hands down chiplote is the best

Nah I don't think so.  In the dmv we have California tortilla.  Its decent, but doesn't beat chipotle.  Quddobo I can't mess with.  Moe's is only good because you can add bacon to your burrito and the salsa bar.

For those people who say Moe's is their favorite, can you explain why without saying the queso sets it off? I'm interested because to me their chicken tastes like rubber, ground beef is dry and not seasoned properly, steak is ok, and the tofu is pretty good.

Hell even Chipotles shells are owning Moes IMO. So I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

That's the one thing about southern Cali is the authentic Mexican cuisine that's available. LA in particular is unique because of its Hispanic (a little Asian too) roots whereas other parts of the US have more Anglo European roots.

Cali has In

If you're ever in L.A. hit me up psk, take you to Lincoln Heights and have you forget Chipotle even exist. :lol:

I don't plan on visiting anytime soon but if I do, I'll PM you. Thanks. :D

I was there about 2 years ago & was lucky to eat Gogi a couple of times. That was really good. Who would've thought fusing Korean & Mexican flavors would work.

off topic, but in New Brunswick (NJ), there's KBG Korean BBQ & Grill on Easton Ave (under the Easton Ave apartments) . . . same idea as Chipotle . . . but with KOREAN food.

Last edited:
So wait?

Your going to tell me that authentic Mexican from mom and pops spots taste better than chain places? :wow: you don't say :wow:

Mind = blown

:lol:

I can't do authentic. The taste isn't there. They cover everything up with salsa or guac to hide the flavor. Plus corn tortillas are awful.

So yall rocking with fake Mexican food over the authentic stuff?

I thought this was Niketalk man

Back
Top Bottom