Is there a generally accepted version of the Quran? Kind of like the NKJV of the Bible?

I read The Bible a few years ago and really enjoyed it. (Well, not really, it's a hella tough read.) I liked being able to apply my own thoughts and ideas to what I had learned and been taught and told. And while I consider myself a devout Christian, I am interested in what the Quran has to say. Of course I googled it and came up with a ton of them. When I read the bible I preferred the New American Standard version for readability. Does anyone have a suggestion for which Quran I should pick up?

Qur'an has never been rewritten multiple times like the bible bruh.

They SHOULD all be the same Qur'an.

And you can read it in english.. But you should learn to read it in Arabic the way it was intended.

Last edited:
I meant no offense, I'm just relaying my experience. I googled it and came up with a bunch of them, that's all. Also I'm 35 and literacy in another language is a long way off for me, so while I get what you're trying to say but I'm likely going to have to read in in English or I'm not going to read it. And from what I've seen so far it's a lot like reading original Shakespeare. I guess I was hoping for something a little bit more digestible.

But thanks for the info.

I meant no offense, I'm just relaying my experience. I googled it and came up with a bunch of them, that's all. Also I'm 35 and literacy in another language is a long way off for me, so while I get what you're trying to say but I'm likely going to have to read in in English or I'm not going to read it. And from what I've seen so far it's a lot like reading original Shakespeare. I guess I was hoping for something a little bit more digestible.

But thanks for the info.
Did my response come off as ***-holey? Apologize if it did, didn't intend for it too.

But yeah man, im actually still an agnostic. Do your thing! The fact that you're willing to read it is good enough.

Did my response come off as ***-holey? Apologize if it did, didn't intend for it too.

But yeah man, im actually still an agnostic. Do your thing! The fact that you're willing to read it is good enough.

Nah my dude, I just know that for some folks it's serious business. I do really appreciate the reply. I grabbed one from the Google Play store and I'm on my way.

What are some good study materials to accompany it? I tried reading it about 10 years ago, but it was pretty confusing.

Back
Top Bottom