Is there any other coach challenging Paul Westphal for Coach of the Year?

I mean seriously, this guy has his team giving their ALL every single night. With the Kings taking the Cavs to OT and the Lakers to 2OT, nobody expected theKings to be this good early on. As long as the Kings can hover around .500, I can see Westphal being very close to a lock for COTY. Your thoughts NT?

however, it was Westphal's play calling for why the kings couldnt get a shot off in the final :30 of BOTH games

Uhm..

The kings LOST both of those OT games..

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by nublee

I mean seriously, this guy has his team giving their ALL every single night. With the Kings taking the Cavs to OT and the Lakers to 2OT, nobody expected the Kings to be this good early on. As long as the Kings can hover around .500, I can see Westphal being very close to a lock for COTY. Your thoughts NT?

I couldnt disagree with this entire post more than I do. There is no way, a team that hovers around .500 will have a coach that is a LOCK for COTY. Sorry man.

^

del harris won coach of the year when the lakers went 48-34 in 94-95 thats only 7 games over .500 but it was 15 win impovment from the year before. ifsacramento wins 40 games i think he gets it.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Warrior fans sound salty

No salt here. Just stating that the idea of a coach being a "lock" for COTY when a record hovers around .500 is silly. Thats all.

dland is just stating the facts. he should win it if they win 40 gms but he wont they will find away to give it to the coach with best eam.

If he's in the running, Lionel Hollins should be too especially if the team keeps winning like they have. Judging by the responses on here, nobody thoughtthe Grizz would be good. After a 1-8 start, they are now 13-8. If they continue to win at that pace, he should definitely be in the running. Scott Brooks aswell.

I think Adelman should get it though. I still don't know how this team win ball games. They are exceeding alot of people's expectations by far.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

^

del harris won coach of the year when the lakers went 48-34 in 94-95 thats only 7 games over .500
laugh.gif

Um, no. While I know what it is you are saying, it doesn't work that way, in order for them drop to .500, they would need to lose 14 times in a row, toget to 48 and 48.

If you're 20 and 0, you're 20 games over .500, if you are 20 and 1, you don't all of a sudden drop to just 9 games over .500 because you lost 1game, you're still 19 games over.

Sorry, but that .500 thing is a common misconception that bugs me when I hear people use it incorrectly.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom