Is there anything more annoying than cashiers making small talk to you about your purchases?

My goodness, of all the things to complain about they chose to complain about Cashiers talking to them ? Talk about antisocial.

Last edited:
Anti social. Customers always chop it up with me about the most random ****. Its comforting on both ends. But i dont work in a grocery store tho.. some customers will even shake my hand when they're happy with a big purchase.

i actually start the small talk myself. i know how its is to be behind a cashier and dealing with people all day

sometimes it feels good making them smile if i say hi or something

But the topic is about when they are asking you about your life story and thus holding the transaction up, b. When they are reading labels, yelling across to other cashiers ""Sharon Look!! When we start selling these? What aisle did you get these from," on every thing they ring up, shun and yes that is an annoyance because obviously it slows me down and furthermore makes themselves less efficient, but I digress. My NT approval rating is at an all time low.

You still good in my book Datz, I've worked as cashier before in my younger days.. and it's forced upon some places to do all that small talk ********. But if they're actually doing all that stupid shh you mentioned, I guess I can see why it's annoying.

do you guise buy condoms online?
If cashier cute I buy Magnum condoms. Knowing damn well I cant even use them
ohwell.gif

Some of ya'll need to get off of the internet. We mad at cashiers for making small talk now?!?!?!

As a cashier at a small grocery store, honestly unless you are a regular customer we don't really start up small talk, unless it's a fine girl or something

However what is more annoying than this "Small Talk" nonsense are customers who are rocking ******g head phones so loud they can't hear ****. Give me a ******g break, you can go 25 seconds without your Gucci Mane or Coldplay?! Forget small talk just have the common courtesy to listen at least, I don't need to be yelling "Debit or Credit" all day so you can listen to your favorite verse.

Also it ******g sucks when people come in just after a work out and pay with wet *** money, like ******g **** man its disgusting I am not trying to grab your soaked 5 dollar bill. Or when people pull money out of their ******g socks and ****, having the store smelling like athletes foot and ****...

Sorry..../end of rant

Last edited:
trader joes.
lmaooo

i have never experienced this overtalking crap since i went to trader joes to buy this damned cookie butter that nt brought up. the customer in front of me had such an indepth convo with the cashier that she opened up some aged prune chips she just bought and started sharing with the cashier. like wtf.. keep this **** moving.

as a guy who goes to a bar every day talks to strangers I have no problem with small talk... it was one of my biggest weaknesses growing up but I've managed to conquer this problem

I prefer small talk over rude 'I hate my job and woke up this morning pissed, so I'll take it out on the customers' type *******.

I'll take a nice chatty cashier over a hasty, rude, "I'm not even supposed to be here today" type cashier. When I was cashiering, I'd always acknowledge my customer with a sentence or two. It's just habit. Be more open to being social, it may come in handy later in life.

I usually don't mind, shopping can be frustrating, and it's nice to meet a friendly person at the front of the line. I'd much rather that than the cashiers who act like they are doing the customer a favor by ringing them up. Good customer service is :smokin

I agree, there are too many anti-social people working customer service these days.

1. CUSTOMERS WHO WON'T LEAVE AND TRY TO HOLD SERIOUS CONVERSATIONS
2. CUSTOMERS WHO WON'T STOP ASKING YOU ON DATES
3. CUSTOMERS WHO WANT TO KNOW YOUR LIFE STORY

AT LEAST YOU AS A CUSTOMER GET TO LEAVE, EVEN WHEN I WOULD GIVE MUMBLE ANSWERS SOME PEOPLE IGNORED/DIDN'T TAKE THE HINT

They make small talk to make their day go by faster. You know how boring it is to ring up the same food/clothing/electronics for 8 hours a day? They don't wanna be your friend and the women aren't always flirting with you. Get over yourself bro.

Back
Top Bottom