Is this how the US really views Canada?

Saw this. Horrible.
grin.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Nawth21

And some Canadians think all Americans are fat and own guns. It goes both ways.

No that is way different. We do not belittle the sacrifice/efforts of your troops.

Originally Posted by And I Love It

No that is way different. We do not belittle the sacrifice/efforts of your troops.
I didn't watch the video. All I'm saying is that there is assumptions on both parts. And I'm sure some Canadians do infact do justthat, just like there are Americans that do it.

Red Eye isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's more comedy than anything else.

I hate Fox News as much as the next guy, but this is nothing to be up in arms about. This show is in the vein of The Colbert Report.

Originally Posted by And I Love It

I didn't watch the video. All I'm saying is that there is assumptions on both parts. And I'm sure some Canadians do infact do just that, just like there are Americans that do it.

Its hard to compare when Americans see maybe a handful of Canadian content a week, while 90% of our entertainment, media, and education is either based on orcomes from The United States.

For example, other than sports channels, cable has maybe 3 or 4 Canadian stations, while 20+ are American.

I'm not arguing that their are probably some un-informed Canadians, but I would have to think the percentage is far lower.

Nationalism is a joke anyway; until we see each other as people rather than countries, creeds, ect, nothing will get done.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Red Eye isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's more comedy than anything else.

I hate Fox News as much as the next guy, but this is nothing to be up in arms about. This show is in the vein of The Colbert Report.

Colbert Report is on the Comedy Network.

Great explanation.
lol. Its not about being taken seriously or not as a country. But somewhere around 116 Canadian soldiers have been killed in the war, and whetheryou take Canada seriously or not should not matter, but I think EVERYONE should respect ANY soldier whether Canadian, American or wherever for doing what theydo. No?

And your point is?

It's not meant to be taken seriously either way.

My point is that it is understood that when I flip to a Comedy network, I take everything with a grain of salt.

When something appears on Fox News, I don't have that same mindset.

I am not personally offended at all, as it's not like Fox has been such an upstanding pinacle of journalistic integrity. However, saying, "Itwasn't meant to be taken seriously" doesn't help to eleviate the anger of the familes of 116 Canadian soldiers, who died fighting a war that theydid not start.

Back
Top Bottom