Is this the year of the Japanese taking L's?

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

219tq43.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by imperialh8

No Japan is not taking an L.

American media wants to install fear into the U.S minds, like they always do, so that you would buy American cars. Fear is the biggest business in the US. If you're in the business of fear instillation then you my friend are a wealthy man.

No one talks about Chrysler's recent air bag recall (355,500 vans) or the fact that Hummer is out of business. Because it's a huge dive for American auto makers.

For Toyota this is a draw back, Sure, but it's not an L, it's a situation that they can handle.

People have talked about the Chrysler recalls. Just that the Toyota problem was more significant in that they were seen as this efficient reliable car but come to find out they have a number of malfunctions that have caused  some lives. Recalling 355,500 vans for air bags is one thing, but when you have to recall 4 million models of your top selling vehicle for break malfunction, computer system glitches, problems with the way the gas pedal sticks to the floor mat, and power lines interfering with the software in the vehicle then that is of great concern to the customer. You don't see any reports of people dying in a Chrysler van do you? no. I'm saying that it is very significant. Its not a scare tactic. Its the facts. Nobody is scaring people. People died and got into car wrecks because of these problems. Someone in my city just died recently because of the gas pedal in his toyota stuck and he couldn't control the car's acceleration and it spun out of control. There are numerous cases around the country like that so it is not a scare tactic that the media is portraying. It is facts. Ford is on pace to pass Toyota in sales anyway so its not the media scaring people towards American vehicles. I'm tired of the people that are so biased towards toyotas. Its ridiculous. The Japanese are notorious for making cheap car parts so they are far from perfect. I love foreign and american cars.

American media wants to install fear into the U.S minds, like they always do, so that you would buy American cars. Fear is the biggest business in the US. If you're in the business of fear instillation then you my friend are a wealthy man.

No one talks about Chrysler's recent air bag recall (355,500 vans) or the fact that Hummer is out of business. Because it's a huge dive for American auto makers.

For Toyota this is a draw back, Sure, but it's not an L, it's a situation that they can handle.
I semi agree with you, but it is a serious thing they could of prevented, or should of fixed.
But i agree with you on the Media part, America will never talk down America, word to High School US History Classes.

The Japanese are a great nation, dont get me wrong...but for various reason they've been taking L's EVERY YEAR SINCE L RECORDS BEGAN...

And before you start, I've lived and dated there.

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

The Japanese are a great nation, dont get me wrong...but for various reason they've been taking L's EVERY YEAR SINCE L RECORDS BEGAN...

And before you start, I've lived and dated there.

can you explain
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JayAmazin

People have talked about the Chrysler recalls. Just that the Toyota problem was more significant in that they were seen as this efficient reliable car but come to find out they have a number of malfunctions that have caused  some lives. Recalling 355,500 vans for air bags is one thing, but when you have to recall 4 million models of your top selling vehicle for break malfunction, computer system glitches, problems with the way the gas pedal sticks to the floor mat, and power lines interfering with the software in the vehicle then that is of great concern to the customer. You don't see any reports of people dying in a Chrysler van do you? no. I'm saying that it is very significant. Its not a scare tactic. Its the facts. Nobody is scaring people. People died and got into car wrecks because of these problems. Someone in my city just died recently because of the gas pedal in his toyota stuck and he couldn't control the car's acceleration and it spun out of control. There are numerous cases around the country like that so it is not a scare tactic that the media is portraying. It is facts. Ford is on pace to pass Toyota in sales anyway so its not the media scaring people towards American vehicles. I'm tired of the people that are so biased towards toyotas. Its ridiculous. The Japanese are notorious for making cheap car parts so they are far from perfect. I love foreign and american cars.

The main point of the thread is Japan's year in Taking L's. I respondedwith a "No" 2 examples you gave were Playstation 3 and Toyota. Toyotabeing my main subject. It's terrible and I am very sad that people havedied, it's an L but not a year of L's. Maybe to prove your point more,state more examples of why Japan could be taking more L's this year. 2are minuscule to predict an entire year's worth, compared to other countries taking L's.

Toyota's recalls are massively apparent because the media is incrediblyfocused on a reliable car with a major faulty pedal system and othertechnical failures. The underlying subject is, other vehiclemanufacturers aren't being as exploited as much as Toyota right now.Why maybe because the American public needs to help out with sales ofAmerican made cars. This is an opportunity for American carmanufacturers and American media to gain the attention and sales of thefeared public. This is going to hurt people trust in Toyota obviously. 

I'm not too sure if it was 1994 or 1995 that there was a massive Lift gate latch recall, about 4.1 million Chrysler mini vans. The latchwould fail even in the smallest of crashes and the rear door wouldopen. Kids would fall out the back while the car was in drive. The Rear seats would also be faulty and belted kids would fall out of the car with the seats attached to them  Itcaused about 35 deaths and multiple traumatic injuries.

Chrysler covered up the deaths and terrible publicity throughcommercials convincing everyone that it wasn't anything but bad press.

Recalls are almost eminent now a days, it's ridiculous. Every car manufacturer are known for it. American cars have had their days with faulty wheels, faulty power steering. . .It's now Japans turn to take that podium with perfect timing for American Car manufacturers/ journalists to squeeze as much bad press out of this.

America's Tactics in business is fear, they sold us on goinginto wars across the world, they sold us on insurance companies that gobankrupt, and multiple other amenities that we don't need. But webuy it. This is a prime example of it.

Understand what I am writing....please before responding.

I'm not accusing the reports (deaths due to recalls) to be false by the media. I know people are dying. The "SCARE" tactic I'm referring to is the take and method that the media is imposing right now. The fear is always there, the trick is how/where do we direct it.

"I'm tired of the people that are so biased towards toyotas. Its ridiculous. "

I assuming that you're dictating that I am biased about favoring Toyota/Japanese cars...??? I never mentioned my loyalty.

You just mentioned that you only buy Foreign and American cars? Someone sounds pretty biased to me.

My previous and current statement is a response to "Japan taking a year of L's" by your judgment based upon 2 events. One being a video game.

Imperial is speaking the truth.

Please also refer to this thread about the Toyota recall: http://niketalk.com/topic/238019?page=1

No one wants to say anything after domestic recalls are mentioned. Recalls with deaths too. At the end of the day, Toyota is taking L's with the other recalled car companies. 

And I like how JayAmazin can just subjectively decide which recall is more significant. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Imperial is speaking the truth.

Please also refer to this thread about the Toyota recall: http://niketalk.com/topic/238019?page=1

No one wants to say anything after domestic recalls are mentioned. Recalls with deaths too. At the end of the day, Toyota is taking L's with the other recalled car companies. 

And I like how JayAmazin can just subjectively decide which recall is more significant. 
grin.gif

Thanks for the link, I missed that thread completely. And yes Toyota is taking L's with every damn mass produced vehicle company out there. 

The main point of the thread is Japan's year in Taking L's. I respondedwith a "No" 2 examples you gave were Playstation 3 and Toyota. Toyotabeing my main subject. It's terrible and I am very sad that people havedied, it's an L but not a year of L's. Maybe to prove your point more,state more examples of why Japan could be taking more L's this year. 2are minuscule to predict an entire year's worth, compared to other countries taking L's.

Toyota's recalls are massively apparent because the media is incrediblyfocused on a reliable car with a major faulty pedal system and othertechnical failures. The underlying subject is, other vehiclemanufacturers aren't being as exploited as much as Toyota right now.Why maybe because the American public needs to help out with sales ofAmerican made cars. This is an opportunity for American carmanufacturers and American media to gain the attention and sales of thefeared public. This is going to hurt people trust in Toyota obviously. 

I'm not too sure if it was 1994 or 1995 that there was a massive Lift gate latch recall, about 4.1 million Chrysler mini vans. The latchwould fail even in the smallest of crashes and the rear door wouldopen. Kids would fall out the back while the car was in drive. The Rear seats would also be faulty and belted kids would fall out of the car with the seats attached to them  Itcaused about 35 deaths and multiple traumatic injuries.

Chrysler covered up the deaths and terrible publicity throughcommercials convincing everyone that it wasn't anything but bad press.

Recalls are almost eminent now a days, it's ridiculous. Every car manufacturer are known for it. American cars have had their days with faulty wheels, faulty power steering. . .It's now Japans turn to take that podium with perfect timing for American Car manufacturers/ journalists to squeeze as much bad press out of this.

America's Tactics in business is fear, they sold us on goinginto wars across the world, they sold us on insurance companies that gobankrupt, and multiple other amenities that we don't need. But webuy it. This is a prime example of it.

I'm not accusing the reports (deaths due to recalls) to be false by the media. I know people are dying. The "SCARE" tactic I'm referring to is the take and method that the media is imposing right now. The fear is always there, the trick is how/where do we direct it.

I assuming that you're dictating that I am biased about favoring Toyota/Japanese cars...??? I never mentioned my loyalty.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]You just mentioned that you only buy Foreign and American cars?[/color] Someone sounds pretty biased to me.

My previous and current statement is a response to "Japan taking a year of L's" by your judgment based upon 2 events. One being a video game.
Thats my point. I like both foreign and American made autos. That doesn't make me biased. And people being biased towards a Japanese auto company is a collective and generalized statement. Wasn't meant to refer to you personally. All I am saying is the technology that they supply could be faulty in other things that they make such as laptops, T.V's etc.... A lot of the malfunction was with the software in the vehicles also. Software and computer system malfunction is something to keep an eye on because this is the same type of technology that they use in cars which are built into some other Japanese manufactured electronic goods. Cars run on a computerized systems fye.  It is only a possibility that this might happen. I am only stating what could happen. I don't have to give more than two examples on that. Its not about the number of things that has happened. What matters is how significant the situation is and the consequences it carries.

That ps3 glitch only lasted like 24 hours too right? This thread is a bigger L than that.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]You just mentioned that you only buy Foreign and American cars?[/color] Someone sounds pretty biased to me.

Thats my point. I like both foreign and American made autos. That doesn't make me biased. And people being biased towards a Japanese auto company is a collective and generalized statement. Wasn't meant to refer to you personally. All I am saying is the technology that they supply could be faulty in other things that they make such as laptops, T.V's etc.... A lot of the malfunction was with the software in the vehicles also. Software and computer system malfunction is something to keep an eye on because this is the same type of technology that they use in cars which are built into some other Japanese manufactured electronic goods. Cars run on a computerized systems fye.  It is only a possibility that this might happen. I am only stating what could happen. I don't have to give more than two examples on that. Its not about the number of things that has happened. What matters is how significant the situation is and the consequences it carries.

Context is very important when you propose an argument/debate. Timing is another.

They all have to follow suit in some strategic manner so that there is no confusion and your words can be best expressed thoroughly. Nothing is misconstrued and becomes irrelevant to the main idea.

I think your argument has lost complete credibility. You’re now bringing in new ideas that has no purpose to the overall topic.

I think stating only 2 examples is very important in the subject of a collective year of losses for Japan. Don’t forget what your original subject matter is. I’m firm with my disagreement, because there are other automakers that have given recalls but don’t make the headlines like Toyota would. Their recalls could be as bad or have been as bad, they just don’t get the spot light because it’s either something not new to the American public or it won’t help America rebuild it’s automotive industry. I believe it’s because American and it’s automakers need this bad press in order to win it’s public over. And it’s through fear and ignorance that they will do it. It’s perfect timing especially in our financial crisis.

The Context was there for me to believe that you think I’m biased. You stated an entire reason on behalf of American auto makers vs. Japanese. How can this not be assumed?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]“Ford is on pace to pass Toyota in sales anyway so its not the media scaring people towards American vehicles. I'm tired of the people that are so biased towards toyotas. Its ridiculous. The Japanese are notorious for making cheap car parts so they are far from perfect. I love foreign and american cars.[/color]

Back
Top Bottom