Is Virginia's own DONE???

Quote:

"I suppose your going to tell me the same thing that the person gets from the dog, but even still, how would you know that cause the communication lines between both parties are not understood. That's just how I see it"

Look up Koko the Gorilla and read about the pet cats he has kept. Also, I've always had pets and they definietly have a sense of loyalty, trust and comfort with their owners as opposed to Joe Blow off the street so obviously there is a connection, of some sort, made between animal and man that both profit from...

I wasn't comparing the Horse races to Dog Fighting.. as I mentioned.. it was a random thought.

Simply a random thought, I felt I could get some banter on regarding Animal rights Bruh.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

You are aware that dogs have personalities and convey feelings and emotions very obviously correct?
A dog can form a bond and become as attached to an owner just as the owner can that dog.
BEE THHERREE!!

*I stopped reading after half way through of page 6*

Dang yall are writing master's theses out here for posts. I know we all wanna be heard but i cant read all that.
Another one bites the dust!

I wanted to stay out of this but oh well..........I'm on Vick's side also. I don't think he physically killed any animals. I believe his cousins and whoever else was in charge of Bad Newz Kennels fought and killed those dogs. Vick may have sponsored the Kennel and may have even watched a couple matches. And as far as them trying to put the dogfighting charges on Vick, thats just wrong. They already have the cousins who ran everything. Why not put the dogfighting charges solely on them? Why Vick too? Because he's a NFL player? Conspiracy and gambling is another thing. For those charges........I'd say guilty.

Dogfighting is a sport. Just like boxing, mixed martial arts, and wrestling. Its not intended for dogs to fight to the death and those who do it are ignorant to the real rules of the sport. Theres a couple different ways to score a match to determine a winner. Every dog fight is not to the death nor should it be. These types of dogfights usually hold a really high purse. Dogfighting is considered bad because of the attachments (drug dealers, drugs, and drug money). If there were sanctioned events it wouldn't be as bad as people think. I am no dogfighter nor do I fight any of my dogs, I am just a kennel owner who's concerned about the reputation of the breed I own (pitbulls) because I know a lot of states are gonna or already considering outlawing the breed. And if you've ever owned a pit you know it's the best breed of dog out there. Hands down. Post below are 2 of my best boys DIESEL and KOUNTRY. They both love kids and have the temperments of Golden Retrievers.
DieselD.jpg
Kountry6.JPG

Quote:
They both love kids and have the temperments |I
tired.gif

Quote:
Conspiracy and gambling is another thing.

So how can you be on Vick's side?

Quote:
In his written plea filed in federal court Friday, Vick admitted helping kill six to eight pit bulls and supplying money for gambling on the fights. He said he did not personally place any bets or share in any winnings.

Those are the facts homie

Quote:

"Dogfighting is a sport. Just like boxing, mixed martial arts, and wrestling. Its not intended for dogs to fight to the death and those who do it are ignorant to the real rules of the sport"

:rolleyes
eyes.gif
Uh...right...

:smh:
smh.gif
smh...Dogfighting is considered bad because its inhumane, not to mention all the other things that go along with it. If you were truly an dog lover you wouldnt be able to sit there and watch you dog maul or get mauled to death, talkin about scoring :smh:
smh.gif
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

Quote:
I have neva heard of Golden Retrievers, Great Danes or German Sheppards turning on their owners, mauling little children or being used in a "blood sport"...

It happens, may not always be broadcasted. Pits don't turn on loving owners. Key word here is "loving" German Shepherds were used to bite up people during the civil rights movement. Why? Because the police owner TRAINED them to do so. A dog will do what it's trained to do. Its the irresponsibility of the owners that causing problems.

Quote:
So how can you be on Vick's side?

I believe thats just for his plea deal to the FEDS and to try and spare his NFL career. He'd better say that than he was gambling or it's really over w/ NO possibility of a return.

Quote:
Dogfighting is considered bad because its inhumane, not to mention all the other things that go along with it. If you were truly an dog lover you wouldnt be able to sit there and watch you dog maul or get mauled to death, talkin about scoring . Can you honestly pull either of those dogs in ur picture off of another dog once they latch on? Hell no! That may have been the most idoitic thing i've seen someone post thus far.

I understand you have an opinion but to say my statements were idiotic is ridiculous especially when I know you didn't read what was typed. So for you my friend I will break it down. I said dogfighting is considered bad because of the attachments. I only named a FEW not all the attachments. I never said I sat and watched any of my dogs get mauled to death. I know about dogfighting from back in the day when it wasn't illegal to do. And it was more sport. It wasn't about a dog getting killed or even chewed up really bad. It was about the heart of the dog and conditioning a dog to fight for a certain amount of time/rounds, not death. (Thats why I mentioned boxing and mixed martial arts - time limit/rounds)This is not from my personal manual this is the way it was. There was/is a scoring system for dogfighting. Educate yourself before you go saying something you know nothing about. Its not the dogs. Its the irresponsible owners that give this breed such a bad name. Is it the dogs fault for being loyal to it's owner? If people would just raised these dogs up correctly they could see that Pits are one of the best breeds out there. And thats what I've been doing for the past 4 years as a hobby. I do not fight my dogs nor will I ever. I'm very picky about who I sell my dogs to. All my dogs are sold under a contract with paperwork included stating that the dog will not be used in any illegal activities. Any potential owner and their yard is screened. My dogs are for show purposes and weight-pull only and I have all the necessary paperwork to back that up. Don't let the negative media attention sway you into thinking that pits are no good. I've been dealing w/ Pits for long time so I know whats really good. Cocker Spaniels have been reported more likely to bite a human than a Pit. But one wouldn't know because thats not broadcasted in the newspaper and on the news.

Quote:
I know about dogfighting from back in the day when it wasn't illegal to do. And it was more sport. It wasn't about a dog getting killed or even chewed up really bad. It was about the heart of the dog and conditioning a dog to fight for a certain amount of time/rounds, not death. (Thats why I mentioned boxing and mixed martial arts - time limit/rounds)This is not from my personal manual this is the way it was. There was/is a scoring system for dogfighting.
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

I guess my only question is, since everyone knows the demeanor of pitbulls, and have known for decades now, why has no action been taken against this breed of dog. Seriously, 90% of pitbull owners i know don't have them for love and companionship. They're either for protection or aggression.
DONT HATE ME CUZ IM FRESH N SMOOTH ENOUGH TO PULL MODELS
HOLLA AT THE ACE!!!
WASHINGTONNATIONALS

Quote:
lol....so if you dont mind me asking...how would a dog win one of these fights?

There's whats called a scratch line. Once the owner lets the dogs go they fight for a time limit 2-3 minutes. Once time expires they are broken up w/ break sticks and faced off again. If one dog can't make it across the scratch line then they're exhausted or do not have the will to fight. What has been happening lately is that when either of the above happens the owner will "call the dog out." Which is killing the dog in some barbaric way. I will never agree with that. Part of why I just KNOW about this and will never participate. Back in the day, if your dog lost a fight you didn't kill it. You took hiim home and trained and conditioned him harder to win the next fight. It wasn't about killing. It was about strength and showing that you had the dominant dog in the ring. I guess that system got boring to todays dogfighters and they went to fighting to the death. Again I stress that this is not my way of handling pits but its what I saw and knew about at a young age. And I'm just educating those who don't really know dogfighting history.

Another scoriing system that has been used is setting a numerical limit for the amount of times your dog could "turn." When a dog "turns" during a fight its basically on it's back. At that point the dogs would be broken up with break sticks and faced off again. For example if we set the turn limit to 3 and your dog turned 4 times during the match, you lost. These would be considered quick matches and most of the time neither dog would be damaged real bad. There use to be a lot more structure to it. It wasn't about killing another person's dog. It was more sport.

Quote:
I guess my only question is, since everyone knows the demeanor of pitbulls, and have known for decades now, why has no action been taken against this breed of dog.

There has been several actions taken against this breed. Several congressman in California are trying to outlaw the breed across the entire state right now. And PG County has already done so among other places.

Quote:
Seriously, 90% of pitbull owners i know don't have them for love and companionship. They're either for protection or aggression.

Thats 90% of pitbull owners you know. 85% of pitbull owners I know own them for their loyalty, stength, dedication, and companionship. I do know some owners that have pits for protection and they still love their dogs. They're trained to recognize a threat and respond as they've been trained. Just as a police dog would. Other than that their dog is considered an ordinary pet. Pitbulls are not normally aggressive. Its when an owner praises and rewards that aggression that causes so many problems. The dog will think it's OK to be aggressive and think everything but the owner is a threat. If a responsible owner would take control of the dogs aggression at an early age and show the dog whats a threat and whats not there wouldn't be so many people getting bit or mauled by pits. It could be any dog acting out like that, not just pits. Rottweilers, Presa Canarios, Akitas, and Argentino Dogos are some dogs known for their protective nature. Its the owner's responsibility to socialize, control, and teach the dog whats right.

Boxing and MMA was a terrible comparison. Pie eating contests have time limits too. Dog fights are not like pie eating contests. When dogs decide they want to fight in an organized league, put wraps on their gums and put pads on their teeth before getting in the ring, then itll be like MMA.

As for anyone saying pits should be outlawed, or are bad dogs or whatever, @#%$ off. Pits are some of the best dogs you can own, they just carry a poor reputation perpetuated by ignorance and fear. Like DCsliksta has basically stated, a dogs behavior is a reflection of how its treated and raised
BEE THHERREE!!

I hear ya'll opinions, I guess i'm biased because i've had one too many on my heels in the past.
DONT HATE ME CUZ IM FRESH N SMOOTH ENOUGH TO PULL MODELS
HOLLA AT THE ACE!!!
WASHINGTONNATIONALS

Is Michael Vick sad because he realizes he did somehting wrong....or because he knows he's goinng to jail?

what produced the remorse?
YOU NIKETALK DUDES THAT KNOW ME...
WILL BE PROUD TO SEE HOW I DO THINGS.

Quote:
what produced the remorse?

He got caught... lol
Should have been remorseful two years ago or back in Feb when he could have saved his career... and dignity...

But it is time for the media to fall back.. this @#%$ is over and nobody cares anymore...

Time to Jump on Lance Briggs @#%$!!! 350K crashed because his @#%$ was probably drunk and knew a DUI at this time with the Commish on the rampage.... lights out...
Someone tell these dumbass athletes that these supercars can only be driven on smooth flat surfaces... not in tha snowbelt??? lol

^ Can you repost that link?

and i would like to say thank you to Gregg Easterbrook.... (Mr. TMQ, for those ESPN.com readers)

The disgusting thing about dogfighting isn't that animals battle and die -- after all, animals fight to the death in nature, tearing each other's flesh with heartless violence. The disgusting thing about dogfighting is that supposedly intelligent members of @#%$ sapiens add sadism to the natural equation by starving dogs to make them extra aggressive, filing their incisors to make the fights bloodier, and engaging in other acts unbecoming any man or woman of ethics. What Michael Vick confessed to Monday ought to disgust you, regardless of whether you are a dog lover. Include me. The Official Dog of TMQ -- a Chesapeake retriever, noble state dog of Maryland -- slumbers happily near my feet as I write this.

But the punishment expected to be imposed on Vick -- one to two years in federal prison, and perhaps never playing in the NFL again -- seems out of proportion to his actions and his status as a first-time offender. The situation is confusing because the federal crimes to which Vick pleaded guilty turn as much on gambling and racketeering as dogfighting; gambling and racketeering concern federal prosecutors because of their relationship to organized crime. Racketeering can lead to jail terms even for nonviolent first-time offenders not involved with drug sales, such as Vick. The NFL, for its part, has very strong reasons to detest gambling, and elaborately warns players they will be harshly penalized for associating with gamblers. Yet I can't help feeling there is overkill in the social, media and legal reactions to Vick, and that the overkill originates in hypocrisy about animals.

Thousands of animals are mistreated or killed in the United States every day without the killers so much as being criticized, let alone imprisoned. Ranchers and farmers kill stock animals or horses that are sick or injured. Some ranchers kill stock animals as gently as possible, others callously; in either case, prosecution is nearly unheard of. As Derek Jackson pointed out last week in the Boston Globe, greyhound tracks routinely race dogs to exhaustion and injury, then kill the losers, or simply eliminate less-strong pups: "184,604 greyhound puppies judged to be inferior for racing" were killed, legally, in the past 20 years.

Hunters shoot animals for sport. They do so lawfully, while the manner in which Vick harmed his dogs was unlawful. But from the perspective of the animal, there seems little difference between a hunter with a state game license zipped in his vest pocket shooting a deer as part of something the hunter views as really fun sport, and Vick shooting a dog as part of something Vick views as really fun sport. In both cases, animals suffer for human entertainment. The animal-ethics distinction between Vick's actions and lawful game hunting are murky at best. A first-time offender should go to prison over a murky distinction?

Much more troubling is that the overwhelming majority of Americans who eat meat and poultry -- I'm enthusiastically among them -- are complicit in the systematic cruel treatment of huge numbers of animals. Snickering about this, or saying you're tired of hearing about it, doesn't make it go away. Most animals used for meat experience miserable lives under cruel conditions, including confinement for extended periods in pits of excrement. (Michael Pollan, who enthusiastically consumes meat and fowl, describes the mistreatment in his important new book The Omnivore's Dilemma.) Meat animals don't magically stop living when it's time to become a product; they suffer as they die. One of Vick's dogs was shot, another electrocuted. Gunshots and electrocution are federally approved methods of livestock slaughter, sanctioned by the Department of Agriculture for the killing of cows and pigs. Regulations under the Humane Slaughter Act of 1958 give federal sanction to shooting cows or pigs, or running electrical current through their bodies. Shooting and electrocution are viewed by federal law as humane ways to kill animals that will be consumed. Federal rules also allow slaughterhouses to hit cows in the head with a fast-moving piston that stuns them into semiconsciousness before they are sliced up. Being hit in the head with a powerful piston -- does that sound a bit painful, a bit cruel? It's done to tens of thousands of steers per year, lawfully.

Don't say "eew, gross" about how meat animals are butchered, then return to denouncing Vick. If you're eating a cheeseburger or BLT or steak or pot roast today, there's a good chance you are dining on an animal that was shot or electrocuted. You are complicit. You freely bought the meat, you did not demand Congress strengthen the Humane Slaughter Act. Livestock can be calmed and drugged before being slain. A few slaughterhouses do this, but most don't because it raises costs, and you, the consumer, demand the lowest possible price for your meal. Now about your turkey sub or coq au vin. Federal slaughter regulations apply mainly to large animals, leaving considerable freedom in the killing of fowl. Many poultry slaughterhouses kill chickens by slashing their throats rather than snapping their necks. Snapping the neck kills the bird quickly, ending suffering, but then the heart dies quickly, too. Slashing the throat causes the bird to live in agony for several minutes, heart still beating and pumping blood out of the slash -- and consumers prefer bloodless chicken meat.

Further, the Humane Slaughter Act exempts kosher and halal slaughter. In both traditions, the cow or lamb must be conscious when killed by having its carotid artery, or esophagus and trachea, slashed. The animal bleeds to death, convulsing in agony, as its heart pumps blood, which is viewed as unclean, out of the slashed openings. The delicious pastrami we consumed at a kosher deli, or the wonderfully good beef we could buy at a halal butcher, comes from an animal that suffered as it died.

Yes, Vick broke the law; yes, he arrogantly lied and refused to apologize when first caught; and yes, his actions before and after the dog killings indicate he is one stupid, stupid man. But Vick's lawbreaking was relatively minor compared to animal mistreatment that happens continuously, within the law, at nearly all levels of the meat production industry, and with which all but vegetarians are complicit. There is some kind of mass neurosis at work in the rush to denounce Vick, wag fingers and say he deserved even worse. Society wants to scapegoat Vick to avoid contemplating its own routine, systematic killing of animals. We couldn't all become vegetarians tomorrow: that is not practical. But American society is not even attempting to make the handling of meat animals less brutal, let alone working to transition away from a food-production order in which huge numbers of animals are systematically mistreated, then killed in ways that inflict terror and pain. We won't lift a finger to change the way animals die for us. But we will demand Michael Vick serve prison time to atone for our sins.

Legal note: Vick might be compelled to repay the Falcons a huge amount of bonus money, and will lose $25 million or more in endorsement income. I have no sympathy for his loss of endorsement income: Vick was hired to bring Nike and other companies he endorsed good publicity, and instead brought them bad. But think about the income loss in the calculation of overpunishment of Vick. One or two years in federal prison, and perhaps state prison time if state charges are filed as well; plus $25 million in lost endorsement income and, oh, $50 million in lost or returned NFL income. That's overkill! Often the indirect financial consequences of legal proceedings are worse than the official ones, in the same way that a speeding ticket might cost you $75 but add $1,000 to your annual insurance bill.

In effect, the federal indictment of Vick is resulting in him being fined around $75 million, which is far too much retribution. The legal hang-up is that since 1984, federal courts have been forbidden to consider monetary loss in private life as counting toward punishment. But a year of banishment from the NFL, a guilty plea with suspended sentence and probation (meaning the sentence is imposed if probation is violated), seems plenty of punishment for a first offense by someone who has not harmed another human being. Prison time and a $75 million fine? What Vick did was indecent, but now excessive punishment is being imposed, and two wrongs do not equal one right. Justice, after all, must be tempered with mercy. That's what you would think if you stood in the dock accused.

Hypocrisy note: Look who's advertising on a Web page extolling the cruel crossbow killing of animals for sport -- the NFL. Oh, that Michael Vick, he's evil, he's bad. But buy NFL Shop items to wear when you shoot deer with arrows so they slowly bleed to death!

Falcons note: I know Atlanta fans are desperate for non-Vick news. OK -- Atlanta had 11 draft choices, so Bobby Petrino practically starts off with a recruiting class.

Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
teamaerialbots​
We're SUPERION to you​
Friday Night Lights is the best show on TV​

The above article is completly all over the place. I dont know whether to tell that @#%$ to get off his high horse, agree, or shake my head at how dumb it was. I suppose I want to do all three.

Yes as a society, we are complete hypocrties about how we view and treat animals, and how we decide what is or is not acceptable. The article however came off very condescending as if he were exluding himself just but realizing this fact.

But this is the same lame argument that every idiot is using to support Vick- basically there are worse things than what Vick did so his punishment should be lighter. Just because people dont get caught, or do worse things doesnt mean anything.

My other problem with that article is how the author sometimes uses logic supporting the law, and sometimes treatment of animals (the idea that killing is killing regardless of rather its dogfighting or hunting) He jumps back and forth between these two ideas so often it becomes contradictory

In conclusion that dude comes off like just another average joe talking about Vick, with some decent things to say which are smothered by a bunch of ******ed @#%$ that he doesnt understand himself

BEE THHERREE!!

Good looks, Diamond J. I forgot to check the new column this week.

As for the info and the points made, they all seem valid to me. Providing that I personally do not care how animals are killed to deliver them to my dinner table, it was interesting to see the government's stance on the issue. I will have to re-read it, but I can't see how that can't be called hypocritical.

Back
Top Bottom