Is Wale falling off?

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

now he has a hit album which most of the songs were produced by tone P who is a part of BKS..and now you N's is saying he fell off for doing the exact same thing yall n's belittle him for? yall make me
laugh.gif
He isn't doing the exact same thing though. It does not sound the same - and there's nothing wrong with that, change is healthy and building and growing is great, but to me, something that USED to be there is missing. Unfortunately that's the best I can explain it.

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

^
Clearly the Mixtape About Nothing and 100 miles and running was better then that.........Mixtape About Nothing>100 Miles and Running>Back to Feature>More About Nothing>Attention Deficit>Paint a Picture>Hate is the New love>Eleven One Eleven Theory>Ambition

and thats just my order....im not saying Ambition sucked it was okay but it is a hit album but if i had to put all his albums in order that would be it.

+1

*@+++ fell off like bad bag of dope ...

I find it funny how he completely changed his direction musically ..

Fame is a hell of drug

ive only heard his features and stuff on the MMG album, he did good on that album.

His newer stuff is garbage. 11-1-11 and Ambition were huge disappoints. AD > Ambition. I want Mixtape About Nothing Wale again. He used to be a beast.

his lyrics/flow are there. the charisma is there too, IMO...but his ear for beats...eh...

the album is mad boring IMO.

album is trash....but lotus flower bomb was a great single and it brought in the females who buy records

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

haven't listened to the album and doubt I will is trash....but lotus flower bomb was a great single and it brought in the females who buy records

Fixed for my stance.

With that said even though I'm no longer a fan, have difficulty separating the man from the music, being that he's a black man and representing cultures I love (hip hop & sneakers) I want him to win.  So I was glad to hear his lp sold.

I did DL that Lotus Flower Bomb though
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

From someone who used to be a big fan, yes. His music just isn't doing it for me now. He used to stand out so much with the go-go BKS sound, I just don't hear 'it' any more.
You aint lie.

I still listen to 1M&R and it's sad to me how much of a fan I was then comparied to now ... dude bores the **** outta me ... I wonder what his relationship is w/ BKS now bc I used to always wish for a tape or something with them.. All this best work is with them IMO.

Wale is such a contradiction he won't be getting any of my money anymore.

laugh.gif

Fell off??... Naw

Dude has been pretty consistent with his music if you ask me... and he's doing way better than I thought he would at MMG...

Change doesnt always mean that someone has to 'fall off'... And he's doing a good job keeping close to that OG Wale sound, while putting out that new commercial sound at the same time...

I still think that he'd be a better fit somewhere else like G.O.O.D. Music tho...

He fell off to me when he stopped getting production from Osinachi and BKS. You can only rap a certain way on trap beats and IMO he don't sound right over them. The gogo flow is what go him on, why ditch it.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

He fell off to me when he stopped getting production from Osinachi and BKS. You can only rap a certain way on trap beats and IMO he don't sound right over them. The gogo flow is what go him on, why ditch it.
Not even gonna lie, I miss his verses on Osinachi and BKS joints. 
It produced an original sound / niche for him that made him unique.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

hammer.jpg

I just hate the fact that his whole sound has changed but he try's to cover it up by constantly saying he's trying to be the most "diverse rapper", you can't "try" and be that it just has to happen. I enjoyed some of the songs off his album but they weren't better than any of his previous tracks. Like others have said, Wale should have stayed home with that GoGo sound he was the only artist doing it well and he introduced a lot of people to that sound who otherwise wouldn't give it a chance. He's no longer something different anymore and he sounds like he's trying to get in where he doesn't fit in. I want him to win but he's not sounding true to himself.

People are never satisfied.  If Wale would've stayed with the same style, flow, beats and never "evolved" - he would've been criticized for that.  For example, look at the Drake Take Care criticisms over on that thread.  We got a series of "mixtape" material already...dude's out there trying to sell an album/product, make money, and be set.  You can't blame him for that.

IMO, he's putting out above average music.. the stuff on Self Made, 11.1.11 Theory, Ambition, and the features he's been on...

dude is a wack in person and i dont really think DC supports him like they do Fat Trel.

way too cocky and i believe he is still confused about what he wants to rap about.

just my opinion and not hate!

Back
Top Bottom