Isiah Thomas Back With The Knicks

The Knicks will announce today that Isiah Thomas will be returning to the team as a consultant.  Mike Francesca reported this on his daily talk show earlier today.

Personally I think this is a bad move.  The man is a good evaluator of talent but the Knicks have moved on to a new era and there is no need to go backwards as Thomas should be nowhere near this team.

Discuss....

The Knicks will announce today that Isiah Thomas will be returning to the team as a consultant.  Mike Francesca reported this on his daily talk show earlier today.

Personally I think this is a bad move.  The man is a good evaluator of talent but the Knicks have moved on to a new era and there is no need to go backwards as Thomas should be nowhere near this team.

Discuss....

He's keeping his job at FIU so why are we even paying him to do nothing?

the day he becomes GM again i renounce my knicks fan card. you know hes trying to weasel his way back to a high position.

He's keeping his job at FIU so why are we even paying him to do nothing?

the day he becomes GM again i renounce my knicks fan card. you know hes trying to weasel his way back to a high position.

Why make this its own thread? It's just going to be Knicks haters laughing at the organization for such a minor move.

Keep it in the Knicks thread so people don't overreact.

Why make this its own thread? It's just going to be Knicks haters laughing at the organization for such a minor move.

Keep it in the Knicks thread so people don't overreact.

WojYahooNBA

Already working on Eddy Curry extension RT @FisolaNYDN: told you Isiah was coming back. Within year he'll be Knicks president and/or coach

WojYahooNBA

Already working on Eddy Curry extension RT @FisolaNYDN: told you Isiah was coming back. Within year he'll be Knicks president and/or coach

laugh.gif
continues to steal money

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Only the Knicks.  Dolan
Fixed.

Knicks fans have no control over the slobbish moron who is in control.  Obviously it's concerning that he's back at all with the organization, but hopefully it's Dolan just throwing him a bone and not a signal that he'll make his way back in.

That would be the last straw for a lot of us.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Only the Knicks.  Dolan
Fixed.

Knicks fans have no control over the slobbish moron who is in control.  Obviously it's concerning that he's back at all with the organization, but hopefully it's Dolan just throwing him a bone and not a signal that he'll make his way back in.

That would be the last straw for a lot of us.

NYC media are going insane over this Isiah + NYK marriage
laugh.gif
. They're also talking about looking into NCAA rules to see if this is possible or not
laugh.gif

NYC media are going insane over this Isiah + NYK marriage
laugh.gif
. They're also talking about looking into NCAA rules to see if this is possible or not
laugh.gif

Here's some good news NYK fans:

[h2]NBA looking into Isiah-NY deal[/h2]
August 6, 2010  ·  3:18PM

Posted by Art Garcia

Something just doesn’t smell right about the latest news involving Isiah Thomas. It’s rather fishy, if you ask me.

The Knicks rehired Thomas today as a consultant after firing him as coach and team president two years ago. That’s weird in itself, given the disaster that was Zeke’s reign in New York culminated in a sexual harassment that cost MSG more than $11 million.

The really odd twist is that Thomas as staying on as coach at Florida International. Thomas said he’ll an evaluator of talent and recruiter for the Knicks. Well, that’s already part of his job with the Golden Panthers, who were 7-25 in Thomas’ first season. Performing those duties for an NBA team as well possibly sets up some serious conflicts of interest.

The league office is definitely interested in this unique arrangement having an NBA employee directly coaching NCAA athletes.

“We are reviewing the agreement, in consultation with the Knicks, for compliance with league rules,

Here's some good news NYK fans:

[h2]NBA looking into Isiah-NY deal[/h2]
August 6, 2010  ·  3:18PM

Posted by Art Garcia

Something just doesn’t smell right about the latest news involving Isiah Thomas. It’s rather fishy, if you ask me.

The Knicks rehired Thomas today as a consultant after firing him as coach and team president two years ago. That’s weird in itself, given the disaster that was Zeke’s reign in New York culminated in a sexual harassment that cost MSG more than $11 million.

The really odd twist is that Thomas as staying on as coach at Florida International. Thomas said he’ll an evaluator of talent and recruiter for the Knicks. Well, that’s already part of his job with the Golden Panthers, who were 7-25 in Thomas’ first season. Performing those duties for an NBA team as well possibly sets up some serious conflicts of interest.

The league office is definitely interested in this unique arrangement having an NBA employee directly coaching NCAA athletes.

“We are reviewing the agreement, in consultation with the Knicks, for compliance with league rules,

Back
Top Bottom