It just hit me...Kanye is a genius.

Originally Posted by awwsome

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I cant believe you just said 808's is better than the Love Below

Kanye is a very good producer who made "friends" in the industry, Kanye doesnt even write his own verses

he is barely average live, not hating on what he has been able to do but Kanye is no where near an all time great, but if you have a sneaker and fruity fashion, most of this board will love you

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shoepacalypse

He took what andre 3000 was trying to do with The Love Below, and went to a whole nother level with it. The creativity with the samples alone is genius.

Kanye is a very good producer who made "friends" in the industry, Kanye doesnt even write his own verses

he is barely average live, not hating on what he has been able to do but Kanye is no where near an all time great, but if you have a sneaker and fruity fashion, most of this board will love you

zlc4nt.gif

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Kanye doesnt even write his own verses

Meaning? If dude was on some Slaughterhouse/Wu type steez where lyricism was all of his appeal it would be a big deal but dude makes music. He gets a pass.

Kanye doesn't make or create music. He pushes buttons that spit out sounds and then throws them together. He sure as hell isn't an "artist"

I think you mean the collective of ppl who helped Kanye make 808's, together made something that you think is genius.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Meaning? If dude was on some Slaughterhouse/Wu type steez where lyricism was all of his appeal it would be a big deal but dude makes music. He gets a pass.

Kanye doesn't make or create music. He pushes buttons that spit out sounds and then throws them together. He sure as hell isn't an "artist"

Ok.

..and I don't really care to either.

As open minded about life as your, this surprises me yo.

Y'all are making it sound as if it was a group project then Kanye slapped his name on it and stole the credit
yes ppl helped him with it but what do you expect. No one can create something truely unique on there own.
You guys need to learn how to give ppl a break just cuz they not lil wayne or slaughterhouse

Originally Posted by fearthenut

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
at this thread and the fool above. Kanye aint no genius though.

Originally Posted by awwsome

roll.gif
roll.gif

IF CUDI SANG THIS ALBUM IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A CLASSIC!!!
but no... Ye' wanted the shine and even autotune wasn't going to save it.

Ummmmm.......No.

If Ye' is a 'Genius' is certainly isn't due to this album
Originally Posted by shoepacalypse

He took what andre 3000 was trying to do with The Love Below, and went to a whole nother level with it. The creativity with the samples alone is genius.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It just hit you?

Some are so POOR at putting things into perspective.

Especially old heads who don't realize that some of us didn't get to grow up in the 80s and 90s. Kanye is everything a hip hop artist is supposed to beand more.

kanye was a genius for all falls down.. for LR and CD he was an idiot for this album...

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Everytime I come into the music forum I get upset.
laugh.gif

But on the real though, 808s is appreciated, less a few songs i couldn't get into

"Love Lockdown" just came on....I've always dug the song but I just realized that Ye is a genius gay. This track is...perfect.

The 808's.

The whole mood of the track.

The lyrics.

The last 1:10 of the song. Oh my...

I think 808's is definitely going to be the album he's remembered for.

I guess this is an appreciation thread.

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Great album and bashed too much by NT. But hell no this is aint no damn genius. I mean out of my 3 favorite songs, one was a cover (beat+lyrics), one wasacapella, and one jeezy wrote

Back
Top Bottom